• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX was Keyed at Lunch Today HELP!

:mad: Hi all,

I have some questions about paint. I finally get a nice day in Northern VA to drive my NSX to work. I go out to lunch and then stop by the verizon store in Reston. When I come out of the store I find that my NSX has been carved up by some Jerk. I have a dent in my hood in two places and two deep ( all the way to the metal) scratchs down the driver side across the rear wing and then down the passanger side with about four or five scratchs on the front quarter pannel. I am really really pissed ! I called my insurance and it looks like it will be covered with 0 deductable which is good ... I hope. I also called FX CO police and had them take a report but they really can't do much after the fact. Besides if I had caught the person I would have been the one going to jail for assault. Sorry for the rant here are my questions and I will try to post pics if I can. Seeing as how I want the car to keep it's value and I want a good job done what do I need to do or tell the insurance company/ auto body shop? I am worried that the paint will not match but seeing as how they keyed all but the front valance I guess they will need to repaint the whole car? Does anyone know of a good body shop in VA or DC? I have used Chantilly auto body when someone hit my driver side mirror but the insurance company says they are not on their list. Can I pick or does the insurance company have the final say? They said Pohanka Acura is on the list but after the problems I had with them just changing the oil I am a little worried. Aslo any idea what the going rate is on a exact stock paint job (using the same type of paint)? I got to the insurance claims office on Tuesday the 27th so any replys before then would be great. Again sorry for the rant but I am really pissed !

This is a great example of why I sometimes wish I lived in Texas. If you live there and catch someone vandalizing or trying to steal your property, you are within your legal rights to use deadly force against them. Needless to say, there are relatively few instances of vandalism or theft in the Lone Star State.

I hope they catch the piece of garbage that messed up your car.

Man, it's stuff like this that makes me cringe at the thought of parking in public places. :mad: These lowlifes take all the joy out of owning a nice car. I hope the scumbags get removed from the gene pool before getting a chance to pass their DNA on. :mad:

nsxr1 said:
This is a great example of why I sometimes wish I lived in Texas. If you live there and catch someone vandalizing or trying to steal your property, you are within your legal rights to use deadly force against them. Needless to say, there are relatively few instances of vandalism or theft in the Lone Star State.

I hope they catch the piece of garbage that messed up your car.

Is that a fact? So if I catch something f---ing with my car I can legally beat the cr@p outta him/her/them?

If so... EXCELLENT. :D

huh????

Damn I wish that was true! Actually we have many many many vandalistic pieces of $h!t that reside in this State. Ive had my car egged, keyed and had a guy try to steal my car from my garage with a tow truck. Use of deadly force is a touchy issue here as well. Although I did empty a 15 round clip into the tow truck!!! You should have seen him haul a$$. In the area that i live in, 4 cars had been stolen using this method. All exotics. The responding officer said that I should have aimed better. Now thats how we handle crime in TEXAS :D

Re: huh????

loNfastNSX said:
Although I did empty a 15 round clip into the tow truck!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

worship.gif

That's why I qualified my statement with "relatively". I guarantee you have less of that sh!t going on in Texas than in many other states, like Georgia for example (Atlanta area in particular). These MFs here know that even if they are caught, they will only get a slap on the wrist or a few months jail time at most. The probablilty that some vermin will attempt to steal or vandalize your property must be at least somewhat inversely proportional to the probability that the owner will be ready, willing and legally able to shoot his sorry ass if he catches him in the act. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the murder rate in Texas also one of the lowest in the country?

charleysung said:
man, that is terrible! If your car is not in the shop by then, you should come out to the Reston meet this Sunday.

The bad part is Reston town center (the location of the meet) is where I was keyed at :( I may try and stop by and do the drive. Maybe someone at the meet will have some ideas on how to handle the insurance and repainting.

I am going to have nightmares of state farm sending the car to Maaco. I can see it now... three shades of red .... the roof has nice red hue from over spray and my rubber seals are all now a nice shinny shade of pink. As soon as I complain they will want to charge me extra for the two tone job.

I'd go back to the place and see whether there were any security cameras...sometimes the stores in the surrounding areas have security cameras pointed at the entrances, and lots of times the cars are within view...just a thought.

really sorry to see that! there are just too many haters in this world!!!! it's so sad that we own such a nice car, but have to worry about parking it. When i go out i actually drive a 1992 diamante w/ 130,000 miles just so i don't have to worry about it........ :(

That's right by my office. In fact, I almost went to that same Verizon Store today during lunch.

If I had witnessed such an act, I probably would have been arrested for assault & battery.

Sorry about your misfortune.

PHOEN$X said:
Actually, it's higher than the national average (as well as Virginia), but lower than Arizona...at least as of 2002:

Nationwide murder rates

Not convincing at all. Those stats were handpicked by the Death Penalty Information Center, an extremist anti-death penalty lobbying organization. The accuracy and objectivity of any stats they choose to post on their web site are highly suspect.

I can hardly look at those pics, they're too disturbing. I'm so sorry.

A bit off-topic, but would it be a good idea to go to the nearby shops, see if anyone saw anything? See if any of them have cameras that might have caught something on tape? Has anyone ever seen that work?

Good luck,
Nick.

So Very Sorry.............

Please accept my deepest condolences for your suffering. I feel so bad for you. You can count on one thing, if that F'in PUS** ever tried that sh** on anyone's NSX at an NSX meet, he would get his F'in Bal** cut off and fed to him. I am so F'in pissed off now! I hope you catch that sorry sack of Sh**. I can't believe how rude some FU**ers are. Nothing gets me more F'in irate than some CockTit who can't respect other people's property. Go out and work for it yourself! Damn I am pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck my friend!

:eek:

that is crazy!!! people that vandalize other peoples property need to be shot!

Back