• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx white dash

shawn110975

Suspended
Guys found this pic while looking for dash trim kits on e-bay. I like some points of this look but not all,

what do you guys think?

picture.php

the whole wood trim motif and cream makes me think of a jag interior..something that belongs on a long wheel base 4 door car...no an NSX

I actually kind-of like it. It does belong in more of a luxury car....but I do like the way it looks.

Swap the wood for carbon fiber (including steering wheel), change the steering wheel and where the dash meets the windshield back to black, change the door latches and gauge trim to brushed aluminum to match the shifter and ebrake button, change the shift boot back to black, but the ebrake to the cream color, then you may have something there.

I like it fine - not too bad actually - and I also agree with Eiffel about the seats and carpet! But hey as bad as some of the ones I've seen looked - this one isn't so bad. I like the steering wheel ok - I would have thought that he would have opted for a wood shift knob. Oh well - it does look a little luxurious but not a bad option.

I think if they had completely converted all black parts to tan then it would look very nice. Right now it looks tacky because half of it is tan then the other half is black (dash, seats, carpet)

Not too bad, but I don't know for a NSX unless it's a bone stock driven by a doctor (no offense to any on the forum). I agree with CL65, I'm a sucker for beige interiors, that's why I bought a '94. Before deciding on my NSX I was looking at a Carrera, dark metallic blue with bright (not polished or chrome) BBS style wheels and a biscuit interior. I found the car absolutely stunning to look at (and fun to drive) but couldn't see myself rubbing elbows with the Porsche crowd.

Always thought a black Alcantara dash with an Ivory French stitch would look sharp on an Ivory interior.

I agree an ivory or white dash is not a good idea for the reflection on the windshield.

Dash should be dark color to minimize reflection, while the rest is lighter color to brighten up the interior. Like this M6

Like that dash too! Nice one Eiffel. Is that your next car??? Just kidding - know you're all fired up with the new M5 you have. One day I need a ride in that! See ya...

the biggest issue i would have is spray-painting all the plastic/vinyl trim to match the color change- just isn't 'right' you know?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I'm mulling over for my Ivory interior... :)

Always thought a black Alcantara dash with an Ivory French stitch would look sharp on an Ivory interior.

I agree an ivory or white dash is not a good idea for the reflection on the windshield.

It's nice but wood is not sporty for me. Maybe if it were billet or aluminum. Much nicer.

a bit off topic...but this is my fav interior :)

Im not diggin the wood trim. The white is nice...the wood seems cheap (even thought its meant to take it up scale). Just doesn't fit with the personality of the car

make the carpet and seat white and it will look even better.

Add making the top of the dash white as well. I think this would look classy in a blue car.

Too bad they stopped this car and the S2000.

Look to Hyundai. I predict they will make the next affordable, exotic, Asian supercar. Honda/Acura are done with it and not coming back.

Nice...but white interior with wood trim screams "old persons car" in my book. It doesn't mean its not nice, means its just what I think of. I refuse to grow old. :tongue::wink::biggrin:

I have a factory yellow interior so I have no room for 'taste' question :biggrin:

Look to Hyundai. I predict they will make the next affordable, exotic, Asian supercar. Honda/Acura are done with it and not coming back.

Take that back!!! la la la la I'm not listening to you :mad:

Please Honda don't let this be true

Last edited:
Add making the top of the dash white as well. I think this would look classy in a blue car.

Too bad they stopped this car and the S2000.

You know Joe, as much as I hate to admit it - you may just be right on that - sorry Tim (Sunydaze) - all I have to say is I hope that someone from Japan takes up the mantel! You know the NSX is such a unique car in the anals of sports car production that it is truly a collectors item just on that fact alone. It's just hard to convince many in this world of that - but I believe in time this will happen. We are so lucky that there were 8000 of these sent to the US - don't know about ther ROW. But the numbers get fewer everyday. I sure hope that I can keep mine till it is a true collectors item that the ROW recognizes and not just we few fine young primers!!! When you read about our NSX in the books about it - it just gets you so fired up about not only the design but the execution - I mean every step was just an amazing feat for the day. It is still a relavent car - compared to the Boxster a car that we still can run over or at least keep in our rear view. That's a major complement for a car that was changed so little in it's 15 year production run.

So Joe - we may not want to hear it but you surely could be right - unless something changes and like the other Tim, we all hope that happens!

OP picture looks like a panda bear could be hidden in there. The only way to make it work would be to go all white except for the top of the dash (for reflections has to stay black)

Back