• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Est Fest 2014 - Oakwood Resort - Grand Bend May 23 - 25 2014

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. I can't wait to meet all of you. I will get the membership paid in advance. Thanks for the links and help with that. Cheers!

I'll be up for sure.. too cool...I might actually activate the "v tec" for once!!!

For those US folks not aware... you don't have to take I-94 to the bluewater bridge in Port Huron... there are ferrys to Canada across the St Clair river at Algonac and Marine City Michigan... then a nice drive up the river in view of the water most of the time... just a thought. Water should be up this year.. so doubt any worries about ground clearance. I'll be taking Marine City to Sombra, Ontario ferry

Guys, we're just over 6 weeks until the event and we have 20 cars with 30 guests confirmed, to say this is going to be amazing is a slight understatement.

Just so you know though, we must insist that you're a current member of the NSXCC to attend as this event is not only our biggest of the year, but most expensive. You can either pay in advance by our PayPal address [email protected] or wait until registration to do so.

My wife will also be setting up some spa services, so I will be sending out an email this week to guage interest.

Guys after 4 years of membership I might actually be attending this fantastic annual event. I might actually have a weekend off in May to do something of my choosing!!! Just waiting on some friends to confirm dates associated with their event and I will be booking. Lisa will likely join if I come.

I'll be there for one (Friday) night... hope to make the track time. Wife will be joining me. Looking forward to the event!!

Pjr300 Welcome,

Great that you can make it up to Est Fest, with the track time that we have booked it should be more fun that usual.

Sean, you will have a good time too, finally going to put some mileage on that NSX eh?

Bram

Guys, we're just over 6 weeks until the event and we have 20 cars with 30 guests confirmed, to say this is going to be amazing is a slight understatement.

Just so you know though, we must insist that you're a current member of the NSXCC to attend as this event is not only our biggest of the year, but most expensive. You can either pay in advance by our PayPal address [email protected] or wait until registration to do so.

My wife will also be setting up some spa services, so I will be sending out an email this week to guage interest.

Sounds like a great turnout. One of the larger ones! Wish I could make the festivities. That Canadian hospitality is top notch!

Sean, the track time starts around 6:00 PM, I would suggest that you get to the track around 5:00pm....keep in mind that the Resort is 5 mis away, so no big driving between locations.

We are working on the official schedule and will be sending out copies within the next couple of weeks.

Bram

Sean, the track time starts around 6:00 PM, I would suggest that you get to the track around 5:00pm....keep in mind that the Resort is 5 mis away, so no big driving between locations.

We are working on the official schedule and will be sending out copies within the next couple of weeks.

Bram

Hey Bram,
I was telling my friend about the event and he was wondering if he could bring his Subaru BRZ to the track session. Is there going to be a pay-per-use option for non-members?

Regards,
Alan

Hey Alan,
Anyone can bring any car they like to the event, all they need to do is sign-up as a member or pay the membership dues to be able to take part in the track event.
In other words $50.00 for the track event.

Bram

Last edited:
Hey Alan,
Anyone can bring any car they like to the event, all they need to do is sign-up as a member or pay the membership dues to be able to take part in the track event.
In other words $50.00 for the track event.

Bram

Understood. Thanks, Bram.

has an official schedule been released?

No, an official schedule hasn't been released, but here's how things have shaped up so far:

Friday night track event sponsored by Goderich Honda with dinner included at the track. All members welcome, even if you don't partake in track time.
Saturday morning technical session with Rob Magro -or- Spa time (a-la carte)
Saturday late morning cruise to Goderich Honda, where they have again offered their facilities and barbecuing expertise
Saturday afternoon cruise back to the Oakwood Inn and Resort
Saturday evening Gala dinner. OK, it's not a gala, but it's still a nice dinner at the resort.
Saturday night fire time. Marshmallows, S'mores, and lies about the previous nights track session.
Sunday morning spa session (also a-la carte). my wife has been able to get the spa staff to come in on Sunday, which is generally their day off.
Sunday late morning cruise to RM Auto auctions and museums in Chatham (under $10 admission each, paid individually). After this we will scatter across Ontario and the Midwestern United States to go home.

Are you on our mailing list pjr300?

Lucas,

The track layout have not been chosen as yet, Daria the 'Track Guru' will make that decision and this will be included in the Est Fest package. If you like I can PM you the layout before the packages are email out.
My guess would be the a Technical layout....but I'm not a track guy

Bram

Back