• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Fall Cruise, Speyside-Terra Cotta-Forks of Credit, Sunday Sept 26, 2010, 9am

What a magnificent cruise, the route was very well planned, lunch at Millcroft Inn & Spa was great with the Fall colours was in full bloom.

The Burgers at Stu's were excellent...Thanks Stu.

Looking forward to seeing the Pictures.

Bram

A big shout out to Owen and Daria who were instrumental in communicating and planning all the intricate details. You guys made the cruise a success!

And a huge thanks to all that helped with my rescue mission...

Guys who helped push:
Paul
Rick
Owen
Garrick
Ritchie
Bobby
Daria
Ponytail Rick :)
Henry
Lucas
Bram
Brad
Anthony

Girls cheering:
Christina
Karen
Glynis

Sorry if I missed anyone. I'm once again moved (no pun intended) by the help provided from the NSX community/family! You all rock!

BASH

Im so bummed I couldnt make it. Those are my cycling roads!

Even more of a bummer is that my NSX hasnt left the garage since June!

Great to see that you guys had a great day.

Hopefully you all had a shower after sitting on Stus chairs and couches!

What a great day of driving. The elevation and bends were amazing. We drove pass some of the most scenic roads and locations in Ontario. Badlands is a must see if you haven’t been to, if only we have more time to explore. Brunch at Millcroft was ideal after a nice drive. The weather was perfect not being so sunny, and great lighting for pictures. I can’t wait to see Lucas’ work.

It was great to have drivers coming out from London and Waterloo. Yes, even having the GT3 & the STI in the mix was wonderful. If only the STI would drive around the dead raccoon instead of over it I could have avoided it completely. !@#$%^&%$#@! Also, we need to insist on Daria getting a new clutch before our next drive. We had to drive with our windows up the whole time!! Bash owes everyone a beer for getting him out of the ditch. Your expression was priceless. Too bad we didn’t get a picture.

Sorry we missed the after party, would have been fun to extend the day. We can’t wait to see everyone at the next event.

Here are some pictures we took of the cruise.

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3790.jpg

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

Last edited:
I was pissed to have to learn that Daria owns 2 NSXs from someone else.

Daria - you can't keep this stuff secret. Also, buy a new clutch please.

Now im really pissed!!

We really could have used some yellow in our pictures too. Next time.

I was pissed to have to learn that Daria owns 2 NSXs from someone else.

Daria - you can't keep this stuff secret. Also, buy a new clutch please.

What? News like this needs to be shared between lunch tables? Details?

Last edited:
... Also, we need to insist on Daria getting a new clutch before our next drive. We had to drive with our windows up the whole time!! ...

I know I'm due for a new clutch - I am driving with a 19 yr old original unit. BUT, it wasn't the clutch!

Some of you may have noticed that I had to get boosted from the Millcroft Inn parking lot as my battery would not start the car. That should have raised my eyebrows, but since the car had been cooling off for 2 hrs, I did not smell anything when I went to boost it.

By the time I made it home, the rotten egg smell was overpowering again. My battery was dangerously hot and the rotten egg smell was the sulphuric acid leaking from the battery!

I did some research and had the bejesus scared out of me. My battery was dead to begin with (and I was too cheap to buy a new one and let it sit all winter) so I tried to use it one last time. Basically, the alternator kept on trying to charge the battery up and over cooked it.

Once a battery begins to smell like rotten eggs, it cannot be saved and must be immediately replaced. Please be aware that rotten-egg batteries can explode. Rotten-egg batteries are frequently much hotter than normal batteries would be, and the hot rotten-egg batteries are the most dangerous.

Much cheaper to buy a new battery than a new clutch! Heck, the NSX clutch is good for another 19 yrs!

Yeah, I wish I could have made it too...but those cars look really clean......I didn't know all that scenery was right here on my door step.
So you bought that car Daria, will it be a track rat?

Yeah, I wish I could have made it too...but those cars look really clean......I didn't know all that scenery was right here on my door step.
So you bought that car Daria, will it be a track rat?

It will be tracked ... by Glynis. She fell in love with mine at Mosport and did a great job for 2 days ... till she spun in T2 during the last session.
Nothing major (could have been), just alot of skid marks on the track.

Go Glynis!

Great to see all of you again in photos. Missed you.
And the Ontario countryside big time, as this summer there was NO excursion into Northern Ontario for some fishin'.

BASH! Waiting to hear :tongue:

Our best to you all,
neal and cindy

It will be tracked ... by Glynis. She fell in love with mine at Mosport and did a great job for 2 days ... till she spun in T2 during the last session.
Nothing major (could have been), just alot of skid marks on the track.

Brilliant! Now I'd better delete this before Christine reads it. :smile:

If only the STI would drive around the dead raccoon instead of over it I could have avoided it completely. !@#$%^&%$#@!

It was a reaction time test for you Owen...

Dead Racoon 1
Owen 0

If I was in my NSX with less than 3" height clearance, I definitely would have swerved to avoid it but the STi sits like a 4x4 so I just drove over.

I looked in my rearview and saw Owen... eyes wide... swerving... and a small splat and the dead raccoon turned 180 degrees...

Nice work! 10 bonus points for just clipping him! :wink:

It was a reaction time test for you Owen...

Dead Racoon 1
Owen 0

If I was in my NSX with less than 3" height clearance, I definitely would have swerved to avoid it but the STi sits like a 4x4 so I just drove over.

I looked in my rearview and saw Owen... eyes wide... swerving... and a small splat and the dead raccoon turned 180 degrees...

Nice work! 10 bonus points for just clipping him! :wink:

!#$!%$^@%$!@$~&@$##!%!^$$!@#@@!$#!#@!#$%!$!@#!$!@%# :mad:

guys u do realize there's a link to the album on my post above right?
let me know if the link doesn't work... first time trying photobucket:tongue:

Finally got a chance to edit some of the pictures from the cruise, great day! If you click on the link below it'll take you to the full gallery:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scarfonephoto/sets/72157625088302834/

As always Lucas you out done yourself again. Can't imagine the time spent doing the post production work. How many images do you actually have? The link looks to be just a sample of all the photos. Are you doing a full CD in high resolution? Would people be able to buy a CD? Where can they contact you?

Back