• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsxdays spa

Great event... was there with my ride... Honda Civic 1.6iVT with NSX front brakes ;) Did two laps myself with lots of unexperienced drivers (they trying to corner on cold tyres)

Great day untill a red NSX with BBS rims was brought back by a truck... OMG...

Hopefully MvM is alright... did not here anything from no one if the driver / co-driver were unharmed...

First man, then machine...

I have spoken/met MvM, and he has some injury's.
We have decided that any information/pictures will be posted by himself in the comming days if he decides to, or not.

Good times at the Spa - Franchorchamps circuit, waiting to enter the track for a parade lap, with in the distance 'au rouge'.

Attachments

• pict0309.jpg
    pict0309.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,503
Magdelena (MagNSX) won 3rd price in standard category:

Attachments

• pict0321.jpg
    pict0321.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,446
And offcourse 'as usual' Gerard 'GerardVanSanten' won 1st price in the 'modified' category:

Attachments

• pict0326.jpg
    pict0326.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2,415
NSX days Spa 2003

nice NSX weekend at Spa , up to the accident of MVM . I hope Maarten was not hurt ! Maarten , the best wishes for you and a fast recovery !!!
Thank you very much to all to post the pictures from the NSX Days !
Raymond from Belgium

Last edited:
MvM, I hope that you get well soon, and everything is okay with you.

Bad surprise for me too, Maarten! Hope your injuries are not heavy - the NSX is usualy a safe car (I totalled one some years ago and had not even a little injury).

Maybe you could post what and where it happened when you're okay again.

Good luck!

BTW: There are more pics of the meeting at:
http://www.nsxdays.com/galerie2003/index.htm

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Racelike the NSXDays were perfect. I had a fast and stable car. Everything was right (OK, I had a stop and go penalty for not following the right line at Eau Rouge).

But unfortunatly the weekend ended like it shouldn't. The crash of Maarten on top of Eau Rouge was not how you like to end a wonderfull weekend.

At this moment he is still in hospital at Vervier. He has probably broken his ninth disc (his back). Today or tomorrow he will go home, but he has to lie down for at least one month (with a demobiliser for his back). The doctors said that he will recover completely if he takes good care of himself.

The NSX is probably totalled. But that is only a car. Maarten has servived the crash and that is the main thing. Only when he is recoverd the material will be important and that is the bad thing about it. The NSX was almost the most important thing for Maarten in his live. As we know him. He lives for a great deal just for his car.

For now. Maarten, I hope you will recover soon. And keep on driving.

Gerard

I'm sorry too to hear MvM had an accident, I hope you'll get
better soon.
I couldn't be in Spa because my driver's license was taken from
me for 15 days (because of speeding).
duke

Maarten (MvM),

Our hearts are with you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. (I'm sorry if this sounds like a sick joke but that's the common expression in American English.)

Best Wishes Maarten - sorry to hear of your unfortunate incident However I'm pleased to hear from Gerard's report above that it appears, despite an uncomfortable month ahead, your recovery is assured. Don't sweat the loss of the hardware - its only that; my wife has a great knack for always making me see the bright side of things, as opposed to the negative - despite the loss, I'm sure you will look back as time goes on to appreciate you can look back on it!
I hope someone can hook you up with a laptop so you can enjoy these messages from 'Prime, as well as all the other events.

Maarten, I hope you recover soon too.
Losing the nsx probably hurts you more than your back?

but you can always find another one, but do take care of yourself and like Nsxtacy say " have a speedy recovery."

with best wishes.

MVM- best wishes on a full and speedy recovery!
till then our hearts and prayers are with u and your family.

Hi

Sorry to hear about your accident.. :(

I know a few things about what a tough time you have now and in the time to come.

I wish you all the best and believe me it will get better!!

When you get to a pc and read all the get well messages here I hope they help you in a speedy recover knowing that we are here thinking about you.

Regards

MVM, I am very sad to hear of your accident and injury. I hope for your quick recovery.

Dave

maarten,

Very sorry to hear about your accident as it happened after I left Spa. Wish you a speedy and full recovery so you can once again enjoy life in your nsx

Greetings from Danny (Belgium, yellow and black)

Dear Maarten, I am shocked to hear about your accident. Please take good care of yourself so you can have a full recovery and return to two of your favorite hobbies, photography and the NSX. I have many of your photos in my archives, and look forward to seeing more. Everyone is wishing you the best.

Back