• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO '05 eBay Auction Fundraiser

The NSXPO 2005 Committee is pleased to announce the following items which will be available for purchase through an eBay auction in support of this years NSXPO! These products will be primarily auctioned off in the following three time frames. All of the proceeds will go to benefit NSXPO 2005, so keep in mind your helping a good cause with your purchase. :smile: Anyone and everyone is encouraged to participate in the auctions, so even if you can't make it to this year's NSXPO, you can still help support the NSXCA and your NSX community by purchasing a product from the auction.

We would like to thank the respective sponsors for their generous donations and ask that you keep their support of the NSX community in mind when you are in need of a product or service.

EDIT: See following posts below for exact Start Times for each item

Auction Dates - Wednesday, 8/24-8/31
ScienceofSpeed Audiophile Stereo System - Stage 2
Yokohama Gift Certificate for 4 Tires of your Choice
ArkSpeedRacing v2 Exhaust
ScienceofSpeed Rapid Shift Knob
Carbotech Bobcat Brake Pads
Carbotech Panther Plus Brake Pads

Auction Dates - Thursday, 9/1-9/8

ScienceofSpeed Performance ECU
Cantrell Concepts AIS
Exedy Twin Plate Clutch
ScienceofSpeed 5 Hour Service Gift Certificate
Yokohama Gift Certificate for 4 Tires of Your Choice

Auction Dates - Thursday, 9/8-9/15

Cobalt Friction GT-Sport Brake Pads
Basch Accurate Service - Short Gear Set + Install
Carbotech Panther Plus Brake Pads
Comptech Supercharger

Links to the individual auctions will be added once the auctions go live to help you locate them. Remember that this is a charity auction fundraiser for NSXPO 2005 & the NSXCA. Any questions regarding the products can be asked here on this thread, at a special email address set up for the eBay auctions which is [email protected], or directed to [email protected].

Thank you to everyone in advance for your support of this year's NSXPO!

Last edited:
Here is some more information about each particular item.

Auction Dates - 8/24-8/31

- ScienceofSpeed Audiophile Stereo System
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior%5Fperformance%5Fproducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/ProFormance%5FAudiophile/

- Yokohama Gift Certificate for 4 Tires of your Choice
This includes any brand of their tires, even the new performance ADVAN line, in sizes of up to 19".
http://www.yokohamatire.com/

-ArkSpeedRacing v2 Exhaust
http://www.arkspeedracing.com/arkcmd/4604061/

-ScienceofSpeed Rapid Shift Knob
Note that this is the standard Rapid Shift Knob & not the NSX-R versions.
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior%5Fperformance%5Fproducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/shift%5Fknobs/Rapid/

- Carbotech Bobcat Brake Pads
http://www.carbotecheng.com/appguide-pads-acura.htm

- Carbotech Panther Plus Brake Pads

Auction Dates - 9/1-9/8

- Exedy Twin Plate Clutch
http://www.daikin-clutch.com/products/sports.shtml#Multi%20Plate%20Clutch:

- ScienceofSpeed 5 Hour Service Gift Certificate
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/service/

- ScienceofSpeed Performance ECU, ZIFFED on exchange
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/NA_tune/ecu/

- Cantrell Concepts AIS
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/AIS/

Auction Dates - 9/8-9/15

- Comptech Supercharger
http://www.comptechusa.com/store/superchargernsx.html

- Basch Accurate Service - Short Gear Set + Complete Install

- Carbotech Bobcat Brake Pads

- Carbotech Panther Plus Brake Pads

Do you know which audiophile system it is? Stage I or Stage II?

SCS2k said:
Do you know which audiophile system it is? Stage I or Stage II?

The Stage 2 System is being provided, here are the specs:

Stage 2
- Diamond Audio D6 6.5" door speakers, tweeters, x-overs - Kevlar/Nomex cone with aluminum cone tweeters
- Diamond Audio 10" custom shallow dual 2-ohm subwoofer
- Diamond Audio D6 600 watt 4 channel amplifier
custom 600 watt speaker wire set with RCA connectors
- ScienceofSpeed NSX door speaker mounts
- Dynamat sound dampening pads for door speakers
- ScienceofSpeed NSX 10" sub woofer enclosure
- installation instruction sheet

As we approach the beginning of the first Auction Dates, just a reminder to check back on this thread for the links to the eBay pages where you can bid on the donated items.

We are very pleased to have so many great products donated to us by the vendors listed above. I call "dibs" on a few items myself. :biggrin:

ANYTIME said:
Looks like you'll have to bid against everyone else to get stuff :biggrin:

Yep, I'll come loaded with armfuls of cash!!

Just for everyone's knowledge, we will be using the eBay username of nsxpo2005, so you can all save it as one of your "favorite sellers" to check on the auction items too once they begin.

The first set of NSXPO 2005 eBay auctions begin tonight at 5:45pm PDT/8:45pm Eastern. Each following item will be in 15 minute increments to allow people wishing to purchase multiple items time to be involved in the bidding. These listings will run for 7 days, so hurry up and place your bids to help support the NSXCA and NSXPO 2005.

Here are the listings, which won't be active until this evening at the respective times:

5:45pm PDT - Carbotech Bobcat Brake Pads - Front & Rear Sets Combined
See Carbotech Bobcat Listing Here

6:00pm PDT - ArkSpeedRacing v2 Exhaust
See ArkSpeedRacing v2 Exhaust Listing Here

6:15pm PDT - Carbotech Panther Plus Brake Pads - Front & Rear Sets Combined
See Carbotech Panther Plus Listing Here

6:30pm PDT - Yokohama Gift Certificate for 4 Tires (up to 19", any model)
See Yokohama Gift Certificate Listing Here

6:45pm PDT - ScienceofSpeed Rapid Shift Knob
See ScienceofSpeed Rapid Shift Knob Listing Here

7:00pm PDT - ScienceofSpeed Audiophile Stereo System Stage 2
See ScienceofSpeed Audiophile System Stage 2 Listing Here

Last edited:
ANYTIME said:
Let the bidding begin!!! :wink:

There's been some pretty good action so far. I can't imagine how hectic it might get the last couple of days or hours of the auctions. I'm sure we'll see the real heavy bidding then.

Right now there are still some REALLY good deals to be had on there, so get out and pick yourself up a nice item. :smile:

Well, we're now inside of two days to go on the first set of items up for bid on eBay! There are some SMOKIN' deals out there still, look at these prices right now :eek::

ScienceofSpeed Stage 2 - $1,275.00 - Retail is $1,845.00
Yokohama Set of 4 Tires - $741.11 - Potential Retail is up to $1,200.00
ArkSpeedRacing v2 DT-S exhaust - $355.00 - Retail just went to $999.00

Both brake pad sets also are well under retail. Obviously there will be some heavy action at the end, but you should definitely get yourself well positioned.

Remember, you're purchase allows you a way to also help the NSXCA and NSXPO! :biggrin:

The first set of auctions on eBay ends tonight!!! There are only a few hours left to bid on any items that you might be interested in. The first auction will end at 5:45pm PDT/8:45pm EDT, with each subsequent auction ending in 15 minute intervals after that. The next auction period will start tomorrow night for those interested in those products. Links to those second set of auctions will be put up on this thread shortly, so check back!

There are still some really good values there, so don't miss out tonight on the final bidding which I'm sure will go down to the wire.

Well folks, we have our first winning bidder. Congratulations to comquat1 for successfully winning the Carbotech Bobcat Front & Rear Brake Pads. Here are the rest of the winning bidders:

killa_rik - ArkSpeedRacing DT-S v2 Exhaust
woodall96 - Carbotech Panther Plus Front & Rear Brake Pads
johntina2atjuno - Yokohama Gift Certificate for 4 Tires
terrypancake - ScienceofSpeed Rapid Shift Knob
SCS2K - ScienceofSpeed Stage 2 Audiophile System

Thank you to everyone that placed a bid on the first set of auctions to benefit NSXPO 2005. We hope that all of the winners enjoy their products and look forward to this second set of auctions starting September 1st, where we again have some great items up for grabs.

Last edited:
Woot! I won the bobcats! :biggrin: Who was the bugger who kept bidding me up every minute until I "sneaked in under the wire" in the last seconds????

You were very tenacious in your bidding! :biggrin: I tried to get in one more bid to beat you, but didn't make the time line....I guess I need more practice on eBay. The only other purchase I've ever done was our first NSX and we did the Buy It Now for that one.

However, I did just win the Panther Plus pads from Carbotech!! Woohoo! :biggrin: :cool:

Understudy said:
You were very tenacious in your bidding! :biggrin: I tried to get in one more bid to beat you, but didn't make the time line....I guess I need more practice on eBay. The only other purchase I've ever done was our first NSX and we did the Buy It Now for that one.

However, I did just win the Panther Plus pads from Carbotech!! Woohoo! :biggrin: :cool:

You were quite tenacious yourself. When I realized you were refreshing constantly I knew I had my work cut out for me. I should have just waited longer and I prolly could have had em for $20 less I bet.

You don't happen to want to trade the bobcats for the panther plus' do you? I actually wanted those but I thought Ojas was gonna win them at any cost. I thought he was going to pull the same trick on you when I saw you were bidding on those next. I wish I held out for the plus' as I was wanting more of a track pad.

The second set of NSXPO 2005 eBay auctions begins Thursday, September 1st at 5:45pm PDT/8:45pm Eastern. Each of the following items will begin/end in 15 minute increments to allow people wishing to purchase multiple items time to be involved in the bidding. These listings will run for 7 days, so hurry up and place your bids to help support the NSXCA and NSXPO 2005.

Here are the listings, which won't be active until the evening of September 1st at the respective times:

5:45pm PDT - ScienceofSpeed Performance ECU Ziffed for '91-'94 NSX
See ScienceofSpeed Performance ECU Listing Here

6:00pm PDT - Cantrell Concepts AIS
See Cantrell Concepts AIS Listing Here

6:15pm PDT - Carbotech Bobcat Brake Pads - Front & Rear Sets Combined
See Carbotech Bobcat Listing Here

6:30pm PDT - Exedy Twin Plate Clutch
See Exedy Twin Plate Clutch Listing Here

6:45pm PDT - ScienceofSpeed 5 Hour Service Gift Certificate
See ScienceofSpeed 5 Hour Gift Certificate Listing Here

7:00pm PDT - Yokohama Gift Certificate for 4 Tires (up to 19", any model)
See Yokohama Gift Certificate Listing Here

Last edited:
Understudy said:
Wow! :eek: John just picked up a smoking deal IMO for a set of Yokohama tires. $760 is a screaming deal, especially for larger size tires.

Congrats John! :smile:

Woot! I won something :biggrin:

Now when is that CTSC auction???

ANYTIME said:
Woot! I won something :biggrin:

Now when is that CTSC auction???

Congrats on your winnings! :smile:

You're going to have to wait a little over a week before that Comptech Supercharger auction starts (September 8th)....but could I interest you in an Exedy clutch, or some Carbotech Bobcat brake pads, maybe a Cantrell Concepts AIS? :biggrin: :tongue:

Thanks for your support John!

For links to the second set of eBay auctions, please see the first or 21st post of this thread. Be sure to bookmark/watch those items or list nsxpo2005 as one of your favorite sellers to follow along with the auctions as they progress.

Last edited:
Back