• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO '05 eBay Auction Fundraiser

Understudy said:
It's mine....all mine!! :biggrin: :tongue:

If I was made of money, my goal would be to beat you out by the last second on whatever you were bidding on after what you put me through on those brake pads. :wink: :biggrin:

comquat1 said:
If I was made of money, my goal would be to beat you out by the last second on whatever you were bidding on after what you put me through on those brake pads. :wink: :biggrin:

Whadd'ya mean?? :wink: You already beat me out once, you really want to do it again? :rolleyes: :biggrin: Besides, if you were made of money, you probably wouldn't care about the last minute brake pad bidding. :biggrin: Although I'm sure others will be gunning for the items I want this time. :tongue:

We're now about 2 1/2 days away from the end of the second auctions! There has been some good, solid bidding so far. However, there are some real bargains out there right now too as everything remains below retail. Check out these current prices:

ScienceofSpeed Performance ECU - $192.50 - Retail Value is $305.00
Cantrell Concepts AIS - $217.50 - Retail Value is $295.00
Carbotech Bobcat Brake Pads - $127.50 - Retail is $188.00
Exedy Twin Plate Clutch - $450.00 - Retail is $1,599.00
ScienceofSpeed 5 Hour Service Gift Certificate - $100.00 - Retail is $360.00
Yokohama Gift Certificate for 4 Tires of Your Choice - $760.00 - Retail is up to $1,200.00

Someone is getting an AWESOME deal right now on that Exedy Clutch. :eek: The ScienceofSpeed Gift Certificate is also well under its value at the moment, and for those with larger tire sizes in particular the Yokohama Gift Certificate looks VERY attractive.

It will surely be exciting to see the last couple of days unfold! :smile:

Could someone at SOS or wherever confirm the pedal stiffness compared to oem for the Exedy Clutch? I'm interested if I don't end up with one leg thicker than the other from pedal pushing. :eek:

comquat1 said:
Could someone at SOS or wherever confirm the pedal stiffness compared to oem for the Exedy Clutch? I'm interested if I don't end up with one leg thicker than the other from pedal pushing. :eek:

From what I recall being told from Chris, the pedal stiffness on the Exedy clutches is moderate and relatively close to OEM. As opposed to a clutch like the RPS which has a very stiff/heavy pedal feel.

The only thing to consider with the Exedy clutch is its type of engagement. Many people have posted previously, and again as I recall Chris' explanation to me, that it tends to be somewhat on/off. Many people might prefer this and it works very well for track/performance driving. However, others who drive the majority of their miles (or exclusively) on the street might prefer an OEM style. So if you're looking for something more performance oriented it is a good choice, as it definitely is a quality product which can handle higher HP applications too.

Hope this helps and I'm sure Chris/others can weigh in with more information.

Understudy said:
From what I recall being told from Chris, the pedal stiffness on the Exedy clutches is moderate and relatively close to OEM. As opposed to a clutch like the RPS which has a very stiff/heavy pedal feel.

The only thing to consider with the Exedy clutch is its type of engagement. Many people have posted previously, and again as I recall Chris' explanation to me, that it tends to be somewhat on/off. Many people might prefer this and it works very well for track/performance driving. However, others who drive the majority of their miles (or exclusively) on the street might prefer an OEM style. So if you're looking for something more performance oriented it is a good choice, as it definitely is a quality product which can handle higher HP applications too.

Hope this helps and I'm sure Chris/others can weigh in with more information.

Looks like it may be another down to the last second auction then! :wink:

Just a quick update on a couple of the auctions currently ongoing. There was one bidder for the Cantrell AIS & the ScienceofSpeed Performance ECU who retracted his/her bids for supposedly "entering the wrong amount" on two separate auctions. It seems nearly impossible to us that a bidder could have entered two bids incorrectly on two separate items, after having to confirm the bid at least twice too! :eek: These bids were then retracted today within two minutes of each other (and the third bid retraction recently by this bidder), therefore we have taken the following action:

This bidder "mopar240z" has now been blocked from bidding on any of the nsxpo2005 auction items.

While obviously out of our control, we apologize for any inconvenience to those bidders that have been legitimately bidding or have interest in these items. If you have had interest in these items, please check the auctions again as the prices are now much lower.

Thank you to everyone for their continued support of NSXPO 2005 and the eBay auctions supporting it. :smile:

Today is the LAST DAY of the second auction period! :tongue: There are some great deals out there right now...check these out:

*Ending at 5:45pm PDT - ScienceofSpeed Performance ECU - $127.50 - Retail Value is $305.00
*Ending at 6:00pm PDT - Cantrell Concepts AIS - $226.00 - Retail Value is $295.00
*Ending at 6:15pm PDT - Carbotech Bobcat Brake Pads - $132.51 - Retail is $188.00
*Ending at 6:30pm PDT - Exedy Twin Plate Clutch - $450.00 - Retail is $1,599.00
*Ending at 6:45pm PDT - ScienceofSpeed 5 Hour Service Gift Certificate - $100.00 - Retail is $360.00
*Ending at 7:00pm PDT - Yokohama Gift Certificate for 4 Tires of Your Choice - $850.00 - Retail is up to $1,200.00

There are some EXTREMELY attractive values out there. The SOS Performance ECU, Exedy Clutch, SOS Service Gift Certificate, & Yokohama Gift Certificate are all well under their retail value. Don't miss out on the last minute bidding for these great items from which all proceeds go to benefit NSXPO & the NSXCA! :wink:

TucAZNSX said:
Today is the LAST DAY of the second auction period! :tongue: There are some great deals out there right now...check these out:

*Ending at 5:45pm PDT - ScienceofSpeed Performance ECU - $127.50 - Retail Value is $305.00
*Ending at 6:00pm PDT - Cantrell Concepts AIS - $226.00 - Retail Value is $295.00

Cool! I won the ECU.
I just payed nsxpo2005 via PayPal. Should I contact Seth and Chris to arrange for the core exchange?

AAARRRGGHHHHH TucAZNSX I can't believe you bid on that silly Cantrell AIS thing. It's a $5.00 piece of injection molded plastic that doesn't do a damn thing besides not letting you drive in the rain. I'll bet you bought it just to drive me nuts! :biggrin:

Hugh said:
Cool! I won the ECU.
I just payed nsxpo2005 via PayPal. Should I contact Seth and Chris to arrange for the core exchange?

AAARRRGGHHHHH TucAZNSX I can't believe you bid on that silly Cantrell AIS thing. It's a $5.00 piece of injection molded plastic that doesn't do a damn thing besides not letting you drive in the rain. I'll bet you bought it just to drive me nuts! :biggrin:

Congrats on winning the ECU Hugh! Sent you a PM regarding the core exchange.

The Cantrell AIS does do a damn thing though....we witnessed the dyno run when it, coupled with the UNI Filter, showed the hp/torque increase. Plus it sounds cool! :cool: And we got another chance to support NSXPO! :smile:

TucAZNSX said:
Congrats on winning the ECU Hugh! Sent you a PM regarding the core exchange.

The Cantrell AIS does do a damn thing though....we witnessed the dyno run when it, coupled with the UNI Filter, showed the hp/torque increase. Plus it sounds cool! :cool: And we got another chance to support NSXPO! :smile:

Got the PM thanks! I can't argue about helping out NSXPO but regarding the AIS, on a dyno the car is not moving so you can't get an accurate idea of what the thing really does in the real world. I see can maybe selling it for $25 or so but $200+ for five dollars worth of injection molded plastic is right up there with that ridiculous Zymol NSX wax at over $140 a jar. For me the con of not being able to drive the car in the rain far outweighs whatever small horsepower increase it might offer.

Who was the blankity blank that stole my clutch!!!! :mad: :wink: Damn I wanted that thing! I woulda gone 850 but i got the same trick i pulled on me that I did to Understudy. :biggrin: any chance of gettin' another for the third round?

Thanks to everyone who bid on items during the second eBay auction & congratulations to those people who won.

Here are the links to the third and final eBay auction period to benefit NSXPO 2005 & the NSXCA. Once again there are some GREAT items up for auction, including the Grand Finale of the Comptech Supercharger! :smile:

6:00pm PDT - Carbotech Bobcat Brake Pads
See Carbotech Bobcat Listing Here

6:15pm PDT - Cobalt Friction GT-Sport Brake Pads
See Cobalt Friction GT-Sport Listing Here

6:30pm PDT - Basch Accurate Service - Short Gear Set + Install
See Short Gear Set Listing Here

6:45pm PDT - Carbotech Panther Plus Brake Pads
See Carbotech Panther Plus Listing Here

7:00pm PDT - Comptech Supercharger
See Comptech Supercharger Listing Here

Has anyone else received a cryptic message via eBay's message service regarding a second chance buy offer after losing an auction? I am not familiar with the sender of the message.

-Randy

FuryNSX said:
Has anyone else received a cryptic message via eBay's message service regarding a second chance buy offer after losing an auction? I am not familiar with the sender of the message.

-Randy

Hey Randy,

If you'd like to forward the eBay account name and message to us, we'll pass it onto eBay's Safe Harbor team to investigate. Unfortunately I know this happened to one other person at least during the first auction, ironically before the auction even ended. He forwarded on the information to us and we sent it to eBay to check out, hopefully removing at least one more scam account from their system.

Just to make it clear....we have not and will not be sending any second chance offers to anyone for these NSXPO 2005 auctions. So any second chance offer received is totally bogus & should not be responded to! We're sorry that this is even occuring during the NSXPO 2005 auctions, but unfortunately it seems to be prevalent throughout eBay. :frown:

We're now under three days left on the final auction items for NSXPO 2005 which are listed on eBay! Once again there are some real values to be had. I know that there is a lot of interest in many of the items, particularly the Short Gear Set donated by Basch Accurate Service & the biggest item of the auction, the Comptech Supercharger donated once again by the great folks at Comptech USA. :smile:

Remeber that the proceeds from these auctions goes to directly benefite NSXPO 2005 and the NSXCA! :wink: So go check out the three sets of brake pads, the Short Gear Set, and the Comptech Supercharger, and get ready to place your bids.

Alright everyone, tonight is the last night of the auction! :smile: There should be quite some bidding tonight, especially with that sought after Comptech Supercharger being one of the items up for bidding.

Tune in before the first auction ends at 6pm PDT to see the action unfold. :biggrin:

Understudy said:
Alright everyone, tonight is the last night of the auction! :smile: There should be quite some bidding tonight, especially with that sought after Comptech Supercharger being one of the items up for bidding.

Tune in before the first auction ends at 6pm PDT to see the action unfold. :biggrin:

Yeah! Stay away from the brake pads! :wink:

Stephen, don't have you have enough brake pads that you had to bid on mine again??? :biggrin: I did score the cobalts though on a last second bid! WOOT!
Can I just send Ken Sax a check so I don't have to wait for paypal to transfer funds?

Back