• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 2011

Hey everyone!

It has been great to read about the excitement everyone has for a NE EXPO.

NSXPO 2011 web site should be online in the next week or so. We have a crew hard at work refining the site and making a few tweaks here and there (Thank you Roberta).

We are still negotiating with a few sponsors in order to finalize the schedule of events. We expect that to be wrapped up within the next week or two.

Expect to see the Track Information and sign up on the Motorsportreg.com site soon too! The Track registration will open towards the end of February (perhaps the 21st). If you haven't been on the track yet, NSXPO is the most perfect place to start. You'll be with friends who know all about your car and can help you out making it a fun event. Driving your NSX on the track, listening to the engine hit VTEC and just zooming around those turns, it really is the best feeling there is.

We'll keep you updated on all the details!

Nsxpo 2011 website is live

Hey everyone it's up, it's informative, IT'S LIVE and this year it's in the NORTHEAST!

:biggrin: THE NSXPO 2011 WEBSITE IS READY TO ROLL :biggrin:
http://nsxpo2011.com/

We have been hard at work preparing for NSXPO 2011. Our new Event Website provides:

General Information on the event

Host Hotel Registration with a block of rooms at Special NSXPO rates (get those reservations in early)

Schedule of Events which will be updated with more details - so check back often

Track information - This year the event will be at an exciting and new track - New Jersey Motorsports Park - This track is perfect for Novice drivers offering exhilarating turns and fun straights with large open areas. You will learn new skills and drive like a pro with an instructor sitting next to you. For intermediate,advanced and expert drivers this track is fast, technical and just plain FUN :cool:

AND if you have any comments questions or suggestions we have provided a Contact Us tab and yes we WILL Respond :cool:

We promise NSXPO 2011 will be a fantastic, fun event and a place to reconnect with your NSX family and friends and we are looking forward to seeing ALL of you here!
This years co-chairs are Alan Offsie - (NSXPrime: Climberao) and Carla Lebentritt - (NSXPrime: POOH)

NOTE We are currently looking for Volunteers to help with specific tasks related to running this amazing event. Be part of the crew contributing to make this the BEST NSXPO ever.
Please contact us here or through the NSXPO2011.com website.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it. Should be a great turn out! Hurry up September!

Hotel is already booked for the boss and me!!!

We knew that getting the website up and running early was a key to keeping everyone informed and increasing attendance. It's great to see that this year's NSXPO is already off to a strong start. Thanks to everyone who have already booked rooms and we are looking forward to greeting everyone in September :smile:

I booked my room in Sheraton:smile:.
In 22th and out 25th.
Which airport is better JFK or Ronald Reagan?

Some Japanese clubmembers plan attending.

Regards,
Hirofumi

JFK, NEWARK and Philadelphia are the closest airports to the event. We are very happy you will be attending NSXPO this year and look forward to seeing our very good friends from Japan :biggrin:

JFK, NEWARK and Philadelphia are the closest airports to the event.
Per Google Maps, this is the driving distance from various airports to the NSXPO 2011 headquarters hotel (Sheraton Bucks County Hotel in Langhorne, PA):

PHL (Philadelphia) - 37 miles
EWR (New York/Newark-Liberty) - 61 miles
LGA (New York/NY Municipal-LaGuardia) - 84 miles
JFK (New York/Idlewild-Kennedy) - 87 miles
BWI (Baltimore/Friendship-Marshall) - 135 miles
DCA (Washington/National-Reagan) - 169 miles
IAD (Washington/Dulles) - 186 miles
ORD (Chicago/Orchard Place-O'Hare) - 801 miles :biggrin:
LAX (Los Angeles/Mines-LAX) - 2740 miles

Last edited:
Per Google Maps, this is the driving distance from various airports to the NSXPO 2011 headquarters hotel (Sheraton Bucks County Hotel in Langhorne, PA):

Thank you, Ken.

PHL (Philadelphia) - 37 miles
EWR (New York/Newark-Liberty) - 61 miles
LGA (New York/NY Municipal-LaGuardia) - 84 miles
JFK (New York/Idlewild-Kennedy) - 87 miles:smile:
BWI (Baltimore/Friendship-Marshall) - 135 miles
DCA (Washington/National-Reagan) - 169 miles
IAD (Washington/Dulles) - 186 miles
ORD (Chicago/Orchard Place-O'Hare) - 801 miles
LAX (Los Angeles/Mines-LAX) - 2740 miles

Hirofumi

I haven't seen the calendar for next semester yet, but I'm 90% sure I'll be coming sans car though. Friday through Sunday.

Look forward to seeing you guys (and ladies) again!

We're so excited that people are registering. Be sure to check out the website as new information is being added: nsxpo2011.com

Hirofumi: Let us know whatever we can do to help you and any of the other Japanese Club Members with your plans. It will be great to have you here with us for NSXPO2011.

Ponyboy: Looking forward to seeing you again with or without your car :smile:

Thank you for signing up everyone. Think about trying the HPDE event out if you haven't been to the track before. It will be a great place to experience what you and your car can do in a safe, supportive environment surrounded by friends. If you have any questions about HPDE pm either Climberao or myself. Just got back today from a weekend at VIR. What a blast!

I haven't seen the calendar for next semester yet, but I'm 90% sure I'll be coming sans car though. Friday through Sunday.

Look forward to seeing you guys (and ladies) again!

Shawn,

Im looking forward to doing some hard core chillin', and would like to offer you a spot in the LASKO garage if you'd like to ship/store your car for NSXPO.

Shawn,

Im looking forward to doing some hard core chillin', and would like to offer you a spot in the LASKO garage if you'd like to ship/store your car for NSXPO.

I will Back up "The Kid" and offer up my other garage space for any member who would like to ship their car prior to coming here. (yes its alarmed)

I will pull my truck out and put it in another garage for the needed days. I am about 90 miles away and will be rolling down myself anyway.

Liz and I will be in attendance. Looking at the web site, it is a little confusing regarding the track event. In the past, track events were limited to NSX but is it being opened up to non-NSXs. She wants to know:eek:
Tim

Hi Tim and Liz,
Short answer is: Yes this years HPDE event has been opened up to other marques though will be run similarly to NSXPO's past events. The total number of attendees will be kept small if we happen to be so lucky as to have too many people sign up. BTW everyone involved in the event and the board would prefer it being an NSX only event, but to keep the costs real, this was the only solution. Please read on for the 'why'.

Many of the recent NSXPO's HPDE events have had great difficulty breaking even and many simply, have not. Some were opened up at the last minute to other marques to attempt to "make their numbers", others were able to benefit from sponsorship that was more forthcoming during better economic times. For instance, Honda sponsorship has dropped by over 80% since 2007.

The number of HPDE attendees has fallen dramatically in the past 4-5 years as well; down from numbers that were able to support track events at a reasonable cost. 2007 had around 33 students, 2008 had about 20 students, 2009 had around 23 students; previous years were over 50-60 attendees. Please no on jump on me if the numbers are not quite exact as some HPDE events opened up to other marques at the last minute.

Track costs have risen and from my research, seems to be higher on the East Coast then the Southwest and West most likely due to a shorter season for them to recoup their costs. Insurance has also risen dramatically and can range depending on the state from a couple of thousand to well over 5000.00!

The NSXPO committee had to convince the board that the event would not loose money. The board has to represent all of NSXCA's membership not just the track junkies like myself and though I can't say for sure if this would be the last track event if it lost money, that was the underlying message. With track costs, flaggers, safety personnel hovering around 20k attendee numbers need to be around 50 to break even.

The NSXPO2011 co-chairs basically put our names on the line (as well as a few spreadsheats) that we would go after new sponsors to bring in dollars (not just materials). This is to create a cushion if attendee numbers were not able to be reached, as well as show how we planned on getting the about 50 attendees required.

So, the more NSX's that sign up the less of other marques that will be present. Please, get everyone you know to sign up for the event. If you have any questions or concerns about having other marques present feel free to pm myself or Climberao about it.

Re: Nsxpo 2011 - Track Sign Up is Live!

Go to Motorsportsreg.com to be the first to sign up for

NSXPO2011 Track Event.

Until we hear differently we will be accepting Snell SA 2000 Helmets for this year.

Remember, the more NSX's that sign up the fewer other marques will be present.

Last edited:
Can't find it. Please post a link

Needless to say I have plenty of storage at my dealership if people need storage or whatever. :wink:

Mr. Uehara and me

Hello friends,

I met Mr. Uehara today.
We are fine, OK.
And his home in Tochigi is safe.

And I introduced NSXPO2011 and gave hard copy from nsxpo2011.com to him.

Regards,
Hirofumi

Attachments

• DSC05767.jpg
    DSC05767.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC05768.jpg
    DSC05768.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Back