• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 2012

NSXPO is scheduled for September in Colorodo just thought I would see if
anyone from the Northwest was planning on going and if you they wanted to convoy over. The dated are not set in stone but looks like Sep 13-18 2012. It about 1400 + - miles away. Right now I plan to go but alot can happen between now and then. If any of you are wanting to go lets start planning a route.

Sounds like we will have a group to go to Colorado. My car is down in Lynnwood getting headers put on. When I go down to get it nnext week some time, weather permitting, I will post to see if anyone has time to meet up. Also since Colorado is not until September I know some great fun roads up in Canada for anyone who wants to go for a Sunday Drive some time this summer. If anyone is interested let me know. If you want to look at the route we could go east on 1 to hope then take hwy 3 to princton
then hwy 5a to merritt then hwy 8 to spences bridge then hwy 1 back to hope and then back to the USA. this will take all day but it would be fun
fun fun it's a great drive maybe 10 +- hours it can be made shorter. Look it up on MSN maps. we would cross the border in Sumas, Wa

Last edited:
Sup Dan I just got back. Yeah I'm down to going. Are you going to wekfest?

Hey Mac,
Awesome bro., lets plan some more as time approaches.
I have been to Wekfest once, had a blast with CA guys. I don't think I would go there again, preferred to attend different events at different locations.
So my goal is to go to NSXPO in Colorado this year.

Last edited:
Hopefully I'm not playing catch up on the drive down since everyone's got faster builds then me. Looks like I got to step up my game. We need a meet and greet alot sooner. I'd like to cruise and meet some of the members.

Hopefully I'm not playing catch up on the drive down since everyone's got faster builds then me. Looks like I got to step up my game. We need a meet and greet alot sooner. I'd like to cruise and meet some of the members.

There's no need to rush your built Mac.
Take your time, all you need to make sure is your car up and running by then.
We definitely get a getogether sometimes in the spring.

Hello All,

I am in to drive down to NSXpo with you all. We should start a list and begin planning. Are you guys planning on driving as a convoy down and then back up? It would be great to get some dates set. Thanks,

Jacob

I have driven a variety of ways between SLC and Denver and prefer US40. Away from everyone, good variety of straights, curves, scenic beauty. WOT around Strawberry Reservoir, wide open country between Dinosaur Nat'l Monument and Craig. Speedtraps between Steamboat Springs and Rabbit Ears Pass. And if no one is holding you up on Berthod Pass (11,307 at top) that is a hill climb that will put a grin on your face. You may turn around when you get to the last hairpin outside of Empire and go back over again!

Or, if you have more time and want to give your car a high altitude test break off US40 and take 34 to Trail Ridge road, America's highest continous paved road (peaks at 12,183 feet) - must do some time in your life. Lots of curves from the town of Grand Lake (feed marmots out of your hand at the Lake Grandby pumphouse) through Estes Park (home of the Stanley Hotel - "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy") to the sculpture haven of Loveland.

Plan the trip so that entire section can be done at daylight at least until you hit the interstates again as you near Denver.

Note that at these extreme altitudes your brakes will get very hot in the thin air!

I bring my laptop with map software, it helps me plan my stops and plan alternate routes. Update it with current construction info before you leave. Check state DOT websites for travel info.

Example: http://www.commuterlink.utah.gov/construction.htm Then of course http://www.speedtrap.org. And for your phones: Trapster and Wardrive.

Bring lots of water, and drink more of it through the higher country of Utah and Colorado.

Bring a digital camera - it might be a handy record in case of an incident. And bring binnoculars.

Buy or borrow some books on CD - these make the trip go fast. Perhaps an autobiography read by an author, like Jack Welch's Straight from the Gut - whatever you think of him, I found it fascinating to listen to him read his book/his history and his time at GE.

If I could get away for this trip I would do it just for the drive in my NSX.

Back