• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2013 - Raleigh, NC - October 11 -16

For the Hosting region:
What about a list of spare parts that people would have for others' if they need - for example, I plan on bringing
A used clutch master and a rebuilt slave -

Charles, once registration opens, we will work on setting this up.

I wasn't fishing for any longest driven award. I think I am going to go for the dirtiest NSX award. I won't wash the car after the trip down.
If Warren makes his way down from Edmonton, he has me beat anyway. I am just thinking about whether to bring my road or mountain bike down. In the other thread they spoke of great bike riding in the area. I could be persuaded into that. If I don't bring any cleaning supplies that leaves more room for bike gear.
But, as it stands, VIR is the carrot for me. I have already been shopping for a helmet.

No worries about bringing your cleaning supplies. I will have all sorts of products there to detail and wash your car ... even without water! Leave the cleaning supplies at home ... I got ya covered! Look forward to meeting a fellow Winnipeger as well!

Last edited:
No worries about bringing your cleaning supplies. I will have all sorts of products there to detail and wash your car ... even without water! leave then cleaning supplies at home ... I got ya covered! Look forward to meeting a fellow Winnipeg as well!

I will be detailing as well! Got to make sure everyone is nice and shiny :)

Some very nice articles about the upcoming NSXPO 2013 in the new issue of NSX Driver. A few updates: Over 50 room reservations have already been made at our host hotel. Tickets for the special "Porsche by Design" exhibit have been secured and are in hand. We are campaigning hard with Acura to have the Head of Design for the new NSX Concept attend NSXPO 2013 as well as the new advertising agency for Acura. Breaking news that Honda is testing the NSX Concept at VIR this week. Lots of exciting things will be happening at NSXPO in October. Be there!!!

To all NSXCA Members and NSX Owners:

Dark and silent late last night
I think I might have heard the highway calling…
Signs that might be omens say I'm going, going
I'm going to Carolina in my mind…..James Taylor

Members of the NSX owners community of North Carolina are pleased to announce that the NSXPO 2013 will be held in the beautiful capital city of North Carolina. The Social Event in Raleigh, NC will open on Friday October 11th and run thru Monday October 14th (Columbus Day weekend). The NSXPO 2013 track event will be held at VIR (Virginia International Raceway) on Tuesday/Wednesday, October 15th and 16th. We are finalizing several exciting events. Complete details will follow soon. Stay tuned - and keep the dates open.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at NSXPO 2013!!

Hi

Wow and double wow. Looking forward to the event. This will be awesome.

Best regards

All signed up. Is there a plan to update the NSXCA Website? It is still showing last years NSXPO details?

Is it too late to registerd? I'm little late even I live in NC. LOL

Actually, official registration for the social part of the NSXPO hasn't opened yet. The host hotel registration is open (see link below) as well as the track event. Where in NC are you located? Also take a look at the official website - it is live - NSXPO2013.com

PM me with details about you, your name your NSX and an e-mail address. I maintain a roster of NC/SC owners.

http://www.raleighcary.hgi.com.

Curses!
There goes my long distance award:)
Steven, haven't seen you and your wife since lunch at Las Vegas NSXPO.
Where will you start your drive on the mainland?
Jim

I'll ship my car to San Diego and drive cross country from there. I haven't decided the routes to and from NSXPO yet.
My wife and I enjoyed the drive to NSXPO in PA/NJ 2 years ago and i thought we'd do it again.
One of our fondest memories is of Ponyboy and his family who took us in during a thunderstorm and us with a great home to stay in and great food and friendship.
I hope to meet other NSX owners along the way and make new friends and more wonderful memories.

RSO 34 the last NSXPO I think I added another 2 years to my membership but I don't remember can you confirm what I did? thanks good buddy

Trying to secure a room at VIR and getting hung up on the price they are quoting versus what is on the NSXPO2013 registration website. Exchanging messages with a Patsy Broughman. Is there a particular person we are to work through for the group rate? Exchange below.
-----------------------------------

Hey Todd

Our rooms are $200 a night, could you please tell me were you got the other information.

Thanks
Patsy Broughman

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Todd wrote:
Patsy,

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly. Much appreciated. The information on the NSXPO 2013 Registration website states the following on cost.

Hotel Registration (Track Event)

VIR Lodging Options

The Lodge – Overlooking Turns 4 and 5, the lodge offers an incredible view to wake up to and a great value. Group Rate: $100/night.

The Villas – Luxury townhomes overlooking the uphill esses. You may rent the entire unit ($340/night), or just the upstairs studio suite ($190/night) or downstairs jr suite ($135/night).

Pit Lane Rooms – located above the paddock garages are a very convenient way to take a quick nap or get away from the sun while only being a few steps from the action in the paddock. ($100/night)

We are interested in securing an upstairs studio suite, but then I noticed the price difference quoted. Is the $190 an error?

Best Regards,

Todd

Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2013 10:20 AM
Subject: rooms

Hello Todd

This event a Villa suite runs $220.00 a night. We do have some available. I would be happy to book this for you, call me at 434-822-7700 ext. 300; I will be in the office today until 12:30 and back on Monday at 7:30 to 4 pm.

Thanks

Patsy Broughman

Lodge Assistant

1245 Pinetree Road
Alton, VA 24520
434.822.7700 x 101 (o)
www.virnow.com

For the motorcycle enthusiasts, come enjoy CCS's 14th Annual Virginia Festival of Speed, June 15-16 Tickets are on sale for NASCAR K&N Pro Series East August 24. For more information, and to purchase tickets for any of our spectator events including the Oct 2-5 American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patron, click here.

1245 Pinetree Road
Alton, VA 24520
434.822.7700 x 101 (o)
www.virnow.com

Todd, we will look into this ASAP.

John Komar & Steve LaClair - Co-Chairs - NSXPO 2013

Todd, I'll call it in today. I believe these prices were quoted with Tammy. I'll get it squared away though.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Looking forward to my first xpo

Hey Todd, you picked a good one. We will be looking forward to seeing you in October!

John Komar & Steve LaClair - Co-Chairs of NSXPO 2013

Apparently the lady that had committed our rates has since left, but we'll be able to get them back. I've booked one of the upper townhouse suites at the normal rate, and planned to correct it when I check in.

I'm working on making this event, it will be my first nsxpo. I have sema the beginning of the next month setup already. If I can only make the social part is it still worth it? I figure the answer is yes... I don't think I can do the track days my head has like a inch of clearance and I'm guessing I'd need to wear a helmet. Also being auto I'm not sure if it would be to rough on the transmission. Nervous driving down thou as I just had the front end painted to get rid of all the previous owners rock chips.

You can get another 1.5 inches by buying a thinner seat cushion, used dali cushions come up for sale. We have had auto students at the track before.

I'm working on making this event, it will be my first nsxpo. I have sema the beginning of the next month setup already. If I can only make the social part is it still worth it? I figure the answer is yes... I don't think I can do the track days my head has like a inch of clearance and I'm guessing I'd need to wear a helmet. Also being auto I'm not sure if it would be to rough on the transmission. Nervous driving down thou as I just had the front end painted to get rid of all the previous owners rock chips.

Brian, the majority of NSX owners attending NSXPO events do not participate in the track portion of NSXPO. Every NSXPO makes a very concerted effort to stage events as part of the Social Portion of NSXPO to are interesting, educational and fun for all owners attending. This year will be no exception. With that said, on Monday morning we are arranging for some things at VIR that will give all attending (who wish to participate) a little taste of the track experience.

I personally have attended two NSXPO's - the social portion only. I can tell you these have been among the most enjoyable experiences of my NSX ownership. There is nothing like spending 3 days with car people that are as passionate about their cars as you are.

AS far as protecting your NSX during the drive to and from NSXPO, there are several ways to accomplish this. Among the newest is the 3M product described in the link below. Take a look.

http://3mauto.com/products/paint-defender

Looking forward to seeing you in October at NSXPO 2013.

John Komar - Co-Chair NSXPO 2013.

I hadn't herd of that product before! I saved the link, thanks for all the info. I will get everything done hopefully this weekend. I have to join the nsxca still, then I can book my room etc.

- - - Updated - - -

You can get another 1.5 inches by buying a thinner seat cushion, used dali cushions come up for sale. We have had auto students at the track before.

Yeah I have thought of trying one out to just drive the car. But decided losing 45lbs does the same thing lol. But I'm still a big guy not sure about fitting in between the side bolsters. The Monday track thing seems about my level at this point. But tracking the car is something I do look to try out. I've only had the car around 3 months and have been working on it the entire time, almost ready to be done working and start enjoying it more.

Back