• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2013 - Raleigh, NC - October 11 -16

Business casual is the most worn. Some get dressier, some more casual but business casual would be the center of the bell curve.

..with Hugh at +- 3 sd.....:eek:

First XPO for me, even though I've owned the car for 6 years. My wife will be attending with me and has some questions about attire for the social events, particularly the banquets. I looked through photos from previous NSXPOs and it appears that business casual is the norm. Correct? Any advice from the ladies attending would be appreciated. It'll help when it comes time to pack next week. Thanks!

If she wants, she can contact my wife. This will be our third NSXPO. I don't really want to be part of the conversation. [email protected] (Shan)

Warren

Last edited:
Thanks all, for the advice on attire. And thanks, Warren, for the offer. I think we're all set, now to ensure it'll fit in the trunk. We've traveled with the NSX once before and shopping at our destination was out of the question - clever planning on my part, but that only worked once. And has eliminated both of my sports cars from long trips - except this one.

my wife and I used every nook and cranny for xpo 01...including sweaters on top of engine cover and a small carry on size bag in the front in the spare tire space:cool:

For two people traveling together I have found a way to keep the peace - - - I am using fedex luggage shipping service to ship my track gear to the hotel to have room for my significant other's luggage.

One can NEVER be too overdressed..................

..................sychronised masturbation................blech.................

For two people traveling together I have found a way to keep the peace - - - I am using fedex luggage shipping service to ship my track gear to the hotel to have room for my significant other's luggage.

the 8x10 u-haul works wonders for all the shoes

- - - Updated - - -

Self explanatory ............... :wink:

great minds think ........... ???

- - - Updated - - -

..................sychronised masturbation................blech.................

so do sick minds ........

What is the schedule like for Friday night? I have some local friends in Raleigh that suggested a night meet that starts at 9 pm at a nearby Sonic. A few of us are going to swing by only if it doesn't interfere with any NSXPO related things.
Thanks!

The complete Guidebook will be e-mailed to all registered attendees later today. However, I can tell you that registration and a welcom reception will be held from approx 4 pm to 8 pm cocktails and heavy appetizers. You will be clear to do that for sure. Lots of people stay later, but you won't be missing anything essential.

John Komar

last year I took my '91 garage queen with 30k miles on the clock to NSXPO. I put 3800 miles on it from Edmonton to Denver and back through Yellowstone. Plus a couple of track days. One incident on the track, but today she is back in garage queen form. When my wife and I got home, we were ready to go again. Great drive, great people and a great time. Don't pass it up with a "too many miles" excuse.

My pristine S2K has 4000 miles on it and it will be traveling to Raleigh from NJ. Looks quirky though with all the blue painters tape. LOL!

Am in Belle Vernon PA having coffee.
Have driven about 2700 miles from Vancouver so far.
Washington DC tomorrow then on to Raleigh

my wife and I used every nook and cranny for xpo 01...including sweaters on top of engine cover and a small carry on size bag in the front in the spare tire space:cool:

Wow, I could put a few pressed shirts where the targa top goes - or maybe a frozen pizza and it'll be ready by DC.

Am in Belle Vernon PA having coffee.
Have driven about 2700 miles from Vancouver so far.
Washington DC tomorrow then on to Raleigh

Belle Vernon - got lost on rallies in that area for many years. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

John Komar

My wife and arrived in Cary last night. We have family in the area to visit this week. Heavy rains today, but the forecast looks ok for the coming weekend Hotel seems ok.

me too, but am traveling with a friend... still keeps the peace.

Last edited:
I hate to put too much faith in the weather forecast; however, the 10 day is looking amazing... Room temperature and chance of rain anywhere above 10% through the entire duration of the event. I'm normally at VIR for Oktoberfast every year for the Columbus day weekend and the weather has always been remarkable, extremely relieved that it is looking to do the same this year as well!

I guess this means I should probably clean my car now :)

Last edited:
Hey guys....is it quicker to take 95 all the way or shift west and take 85?

What happens when you need to move that stuff 75 miles to the track?

Back