• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2013 - VIR - Discount Pricing Ends July 31st

A friendly reminder that the discount pricing of $395 for NSXPO ends on July 31st. Thereafter, registration fees will be raised to $450.

http://www.nsxpo2013.om/trackregistration

It's time!!! Hey folks - save some green and sign up now for your track days at VIR for NSXPO 2013. If you've never participated in a track event then this is the event to try it for the first time. Everyone is really easy going and you'll be driving with others in their NSX's. Though we do allow other marques in the event this is the only NSXCA organized and sponsored event for the year. I know there were some new track drivers at NJ2011 and CO2012 and they were really glad they tried it out for the first time. Perhaps this is the year that you drive your car the way it was meant to be driven while in a safe and controlled environment. If you've never participated in a HPDE event, then you may not realize that when you are darting in and out of traffic on the freeway, you are probably taking way more chances with your car then you would on the track. As a new driver you would have an instructor with you helping you learn the track and the art of driving on the track. You choose how fast you want to go. Now you just need to choose to go so Sign up Now and save some dough! Not sure what the deal is, but couldn't turn off the boldface and couldn't change color of the type. Couldn't end a line either to create space.

Been waiting for this track event to make my VIR debut! Seems like an eternity ago that I did my first track day in my NSX at NSXPO 2001 at Road America. Thanks to a great first experience courtesy of the NSXCA, I not only got hooked on NSXPO (this year will be my 13th consecutive) but also caught the track bug immediately.

13 years later, my '96 now has 146,000 miles including over 100 track days and over 11,000 track miles on Road America (NSXPO 2001), Texas Motor Speedway and Texas Motorsports Ranch (NSXPO 2002), Infineon Raceway (NSXPO 2003), Watkins Glen (NSXPO 2004 plus an additional 7000 miles at the Glen over the years....), Sebring (NSXPO 2006), Mid-Ohio (NSXPO 2007), Mosport (NSXPO 2009) and New Jersey Motorsports Park (NSXPO 2011) in addition to Lime Rock Park, New Hampshire (and Suzuka in a "borrowed" NSX-R).

My bucket list included VIR but I wanted my first time to be with my NSXCA family this year. Just waiting until the last minute to avoid someone else earning a whopping .8% interest on my money instead of me for another three weeks............

I may have gotten the green light from family central.....so looking better for my first vir laps.

Cool - so that is at least 2 people I will have an advantage over if only momentarily :)

WHo else is planning on doing the track thing this year?

I registered for the track days yesterday.
And started watching youtube videos where an instructor drives the line.

Enjoyed the video and will watch it a few more times for certain. The track looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Without being biased it is one of my favorite tracks and I've been to most of the major courses on this side of the country (Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio, etc). Some tracks have parts that I can't stand or dread approaching but every last corner at VIR is a blast. There are high speed "pucker" spots and also the tight/technical portions. Either way, it has a great rhythm and is tons of fun.

I can't make promises on the weather, but I go every October with NASA on the weekend prior and it's at a great time of year... The foliage is starting to turn, the blazing hot days are over and winter is still many weeks away. Not trying to jinx it, but it's not as enjoyable in August or February :)

All signed up!

This is a receipt for your event registration on MotorsportReg.com:
NSXPO 2013
NSXCA
October 15, 2013 - October 16, 2013
Virginia International Raceway, Alton, VA

Thank you for registering for the NSXCA VIR HPDE event.

Yikes!!! Time to put the pedal down & register now for the track at VIR Oct 15 &16

Good one.
And with that suggestion, youtube delivered up this one too:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaqYBzTBtzw

Have you booked your spot for the incredibly reasonable price of 395.00 to have one of the best experiences of your life!!
If you haven't been to VIR, you really must go! Paul Newman thought this track was better than the Glen. Who knew that it could be possible that there IS a better track than the Glen, but I agree! VIR is one of the tracks that is a MUST DO.

Haven't ever taken your baby on the track? Why not???? Really????
Ask some of the folks who took their NSX on the track for the first time at NSXPO 2011 if they regret the experience!

Worried about insurance? Purchase a 2 day track insurance to relieve that worry.
Don't have a helmet? We have loaners!

Come to the track and experience your car the way Aryton Senna did. NSXPO2013.com for more information.

Track Rates go up at the end of the month!

PS It looks like there will be at least 3-4 women NSX drivers this year. Do you really want to let them have all the fun?!!!?

Trying to figure out how to get my wife and all of our stuff to NSXPO and then to the track. My car is usually packed with very little room for anything else when I head out for a track weekend by myself.

Trying to figure out how to get my wife and all of our stuff to NSXPO and then to the track. My car is usually packed with very little room for anything else when I head out for a track weekend by myself.

Do what i did for nsxpo 2002 in Texas - I sent my track stuff by UPS to the hotel so i didn't have to fit it in my NSX

Your helmet will fit nicely between the two seats, just below the rear window. I put a bunch of stuff in the engine hatch, and behind the seats.

- - - Updated - - -

send your wife by UPS?? (did I just say that?):confused:

Do what i did for nsxpo 2002 in Texas - I sent my track stuff by UPS to the hotel so i didn't have to fit it in my NSX

Helmet, Spare Pads, Spare F&R Rotor, Jack, Jack Stands, Tool Bag, Oil, Brake Fluid, Camera equipment. I have yet to need any of this stuff so maybe I just leave it all behind. Most of the time I am the only NSX at the track and it would be hard to find spare parts. This will not be the case at VIR.

Who knew that it could be possible that there IS a better track than the Glen, but I agree! VIR is one of the tracks that is a MUST DO.

It's definitely up there... The big difference is that VIR isn't lined with concrete walls :)

Phill,

This is a receipt for your event registration on MotorsportReg.com:

NSXPO 2013
NSXCA
October 15, 2013 - October 16, 2013
Virginia International Raceway, Alton, VA

Back