• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2013 - VIR - Discount Pricing Ends July 31st

Due to great response for the event, we have been able to extend the discount pricing for the next ten cars to register. We had more discount spots available but 5 people jumped on an email offer almost immediately so don't let the lower price slip away - first registered get the discount. Thanks to all for the great turnout (44 so far) and for enabling us to give the discount to more drivers!

Last edited:
Ok so now I'm registered as a first timer for the NSXPO track event. What's a good helmet choice for someone who most likely will not be doing this very often?

Dave

The search I did on Prime wasn't very conclusive. I'll probably take one suggestion and go to a motorcycle shop and try some on. Just wondering how important communications capability is?

Last edited:
The search I did on Prime wasn't very conclusion. I'll probably take one suggestion and go to a motorcycle shop and try some on. Just wondering how important communications capability is?

The instructors will have communicators. You don't need to get anything "special" in terms of that aspect of a helmet. Get a good closed face auto helmet and not a motorcycle helmet. Look for a snell 2010 so it will be good for the longest period of time. Trying one on before purchasing is crucial for a correct fit.

Soup bowl? Just kidding. I'm interested in the answer, also.
Gary

Something like this would be my suggestion, you're not going to need to spend $700 on a super light helmet or anything.
http://www.discoveryparts.com/cgi-b...377090837.143&product=helmets_gforce&pid=1104

Guys, we have 13 discounted registration spots available once that number is crossed we will be close to pushing capacity so don't delay, there are actually 31 NSX's registered at this point.... very impressive! keep it going.

Remember, we do have loaner helmets available. So far only 2 have been reserved. You can always wait to purchase your own helmet until after this event which might allow you to check out other participants helmets while there. If you want to use a loaner helmet you can respond to the registar (me) or to Steve and let him know.

As I recall in previous track days, there was a mandatory inspection form that had to be filled out before the event. Is such a form available for VIR?
Thanks,
Gary

- - - Updated - - -

Remember, we do have loaner helmets available. So far only 2 have been reserved. You can always wait to purchase your own helmet until after this event which might allow you to check out other participants helmets while there. If you want to use a loaner helmet you can respond to the registar (me) or to Steve and let him know.
Hi Pooh,
I would like to reserve a helmet. How do I go about doing that?
Thanks,
Gary

As I recall in previous track days, there was a mandatory inspection form that had to be filled out before the event. Is such a form available for VIR?
Thanks,
Gary

Gary, we're going to have a self-inspection checklist posted shortly.

Due to great response for the event, we have been able to extend the discount pricing for the next ten cars to register. We had more discount spots available but 5 people jumped on an email offer almost immediately so don't let the lower price slip away - first registered get the discount. Thanks to all for the great turnout (44 so far) and for enabling us to give the discount to more drivers!

Bob, I'm planning on driving my car from Hawaii and going to try again to track it for the first time. Is there still an opening for my NSX at the discounted price?

Bob, I'm planning on driving my car from Hawaii and going to try again to track it for the first time. Is there still an opening for my NSX at the discounted price?

11 discounted spots still available :)

6 discounted student slots available :)

Last edited:
Back