• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2013 - where?

Just wondered if any submissions have been made for next year's NSXPO?

If there are any groups thinking about it, I'd be happy to help out in any way.

It seems that the middle of the country is due, but that may take another year. Until then . . .

Boy, wouldn't an NSXPO near VIR be great! hint hint hint
Love that southern cooking. Yum

Or maybe one down in Texas? I missed out the first time.

Florida?
California?
Somewhere?

Hi

Yes when NSXPO 2012 is over the planning for my trip to NSXPO 2013 begins where ever it will be. I'll be there.

Best regards

Hey NSX-Barque

If you need help putting together a proposal/plan for NSXPO, I'd be glad to help out.

It would be kind of crappy if no one did any NSXPO next year.

Attachments

• hitler on unicorn.jpg
    hitler on unicorn.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
I am feeling Atlanta for 2013. They have a cool new track called amp. Plus road Atlanta.

I am feeling Atlanta for 2013. They have a cool new track called amp. Plus road Atlanta.
Yes sir,Atlanta could be an awesome place, the nsx owners here in Atl were invited to visit the amp track and it was awesome, we had a great time, i will try to coordinate something with Alex(Arfnsx) since he knows the amp track management very well

Do it! But you know road atlanta is a tough track to beat! I think atlanta 00 was my first xpo!

I will do all I can to help with Atlanta. Were shooting for 2014 in Ohio to coordinate it with the new NSX release. I did send a message to Ole last week because I was considering trying to help with a Florida bid.. But Atlanta is great too!

We'll see if AMP is even open in a year. It's an overpriced mega-fail.

Road Atlanta rules on so many levels though.

If it's in Atlanta I'll be there since it is home for me.

AMP is a great track. I am not sure why itrsteve said it might not be open in a year. I feel they are growing more and more everyday since opening in April. I have been on the track for several events and it keeps getting better.

My vote would also be for Atlanta and their new F1 designed track.

Road Atlanta is a great track but pardon me if I say, if Road Atlanta is a 6.5 on the technical scale, then AMP is 9.5. It is a great track for 300-400hp cars!

AMP is a great track. I am not sure why itrsteve said it might not be open in a year. I feel they are growing more and more everyday since opening in April. I have been on the track for several events and it keeps getting better.

A.) It's expensive as hell
B.) The dB limit (kills the chance for any race events which brings great revenue)
C.) One of the best road courses in the country is less than an hour away

Even NASA South East had to cancel their event there and merge with a Mid Atlantic event at VIR, which happens never. From inside sources I know that there were many many financial issues during its development. I know that they're going for the private/country club feel, but that takes a ton of investor capital and confidence if you're losing those huge rental weekends.

Beyond that, it looks like a fun course and I'm glad that after the many years that it is somewhat in a operational state and I hope that it continues to grow and stays open as I really look forward to going there. But in all honesty, do you think the grounds, amenities, etc will be polished in time when NSXPO 2013 planning starts?

A.) It's expensive as hell
B.) The dB limit (kills the chance for any race events which brings great revenue)
C.) One of the best road courses in the country is less than an hour away

Even NASA South East had to cancel their event there and merge with a Mid Atlantic event at VIR, which happens never. From inside sources I know that there were many many financial issues during its development. I know that they're going for the private/country club feel, but that takes a ton of investor capital and confidence if you're losing those huge rental weekends.

Beyond that, it looks like a fun course and I'm glad that after the many years that it is somewhat in a operational state and I hope that it continues to grow and stays open as I really look forward to going there. But in all honesty, do you think the grounds, amenities, etc will be polished in time when NSXPO 2013 planning starts?

A. You are correct, membership is expensive but for me, I do most open track days out there so for average $250 per day, I think it is great value.

B. The dB level is something to be concerned about but remember this, it is a higher level than Laguna Seca, Lime Rock and Infineon. We had NSXPO at Laguna Seca in 1999 and we didn't have any issues at all. Over 2000 cars have been on the track at AMP and only about 80 cars couldn't run because of dB levels. My personal friend has a loud vintage Datsun 240z with a LS7 swap fully build with cams heads and other goodies but he still manages to come in under the dB level at AMP and trust me, his car is LOUD!

C. Yes Road Atlanta is close by and is a GREAT track....don't get me wrong but AMP is a great option for NSXPO and I can assure you most NSX owners will not be disappointed.

Do I think by next year everything will be 100% polished....NO but they are still building and quickly. The karting track just opened this past weekend and they are in the process of building the second set of 40+ garages. (All leased out) I certainly don't think it is a failing business. It will just take time to grow.

NASA might have merged one event but they still have another event at AMP the weekend of Oct 20-21 (same weekend as Petite LeMans at Road Atlanta)

Overall I think AMP is still a great option for NSXPO 2013 seeing how it is a F1 designed track. I am sure no one will be disappointed. :biggrin:

I don't disagree with what you said, but we're not completely on the same page.

A.) When I say that it's expensive I'm referring to the rental rates, which you still need rentals to keep a track alive. I haven't heard an exact number but I heard it's in Barber territory.

B.) When referring to the dB levels, this wouldn't be a problem for an event like NSXPO. But I could see this hindering race events (it already has), this goes back to losing revenue.

And the NASA event on the 20-21st is the one that got cancelled. Trust me, I was bummed as I wanted to go... it was the highest priced event on the schedule but it would have been nice to give it a go. Either way, there's Road Atlanta in December. Hopefully there's better luck next year.

And the NASA event on the 20-21st is the one that got cancelled. Trust me, I was bummed as I wanted to go... it was the highest priced event on the schedule but it would have been nice to give it a go. Either way, there's Road Atlanta in December. Hopefully there's better luck next year.

Wow, I didn't know about this. I have been emailing Julie about it and told her I would only be going to Sundays' track day because Petite was in town and I would be at Road Atlanta Friday and Saturday. I guess many other people had that same mind set so they might have cancelled it.

I guess we are on the same page but since we did Road Atlanta at NSXPO in 2000. I am not sure how many people would want to do that again. Maybe we can do one day at each :eek:

Alex there is nothing in the xpo rules that says we need to do a new track for every region:smile: I like your desire to expose us to brand new venues,but RA is awesome ,so iether way ,if you guys can get a proposal for 2013 together ....................DO IT!:biggrin:

Wow, I didn't know about this. I have been emailing Julie about it and told her I would only be going to Sundays' track day because Petite was in town and I would be at Road Atlanta Friday and Saturday. I guess many other people had that same mind set so they might have cancelled it.

I guess we are on the same page but since we did Road Atlanta at NSXPO in 2000. I am not sure how many people would want to do that again. Maybe we can do one day at each :eek:

It was very recent and very disappointing. AMP has been on their calendar for the past 3 years and this was the first actual possibility to go and then they had to cancel it. If I recall right the price was around $460, which is steep when you consider Road Atlanta as the "expensive" course on the list for $399. I know they had a ton of instructors and one or two HPDE students signed up.

Given some of the high caliber tracks of the past (Laguna, Infineon, Road America, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Sebring, Mid-Ohio and Mosport) I'm shocked that NSXPO hasn't been to VIR yet. Besides Miller and Barber I couldn't think of any others in North America that get on that same level.... I'm not really pushing it because it's too close to me and I get to drive it all of the time. I'd rather travel a bit if possible. I just thought it was surprising.

Last edited:
Given some of the high caliber tracks of the past (Laguna, Infineon, Road America, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Sebring, Mid-Ohio and Mosport) I'm shocked that NSXPO hasn't been to VIR yet..... I just thought it was surprising.

That is because no one has put in a bid for it there yet.

NSXPO can only happen when a group of "locals" in any given region take on the task of organizing an event of this scale, submit a proposal and then show they have the commitment and maturity to be able to guarantee it can be pulled off so that members from around the world will choose to attend.

And now just another not so gentle reminder that we still do not have a proposal for 2013........

I think 2013 should be Northeast again if no one steps up. I dont live in an area that would be good for expo but last years was a lot of fun!!

That is because no one has put in a bid for it there yet.

NSXPO can only happen when a group of "locals" in any given region take on the task of organizing an event of this scale, submit a proposal and then show they have the commitment and maturity to be able to guarantee it can be pulled off so that members from around the world will choose to attend.

And now just another not so gentle reminder that we still do not have a proposal for 2013........

That's actually a really neat approach to booking the locations, does that same group of locals handle the actual operations of the event or is there a standard committee that does?

Back