• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXs in the workplace....strange thing happened today.

First time I took my NSX to a gas station to fill up, an older gentleman (in his 60s) came up and started looking at the car. To my surprise he said, "You got a kit on this or something? Mine doesn't look like this." I was a bit shocked. He then handed me his card and told me that he gets wholesale prices from Acura and said to give him a ring if I ever needed anything.

Suh-weet.

Excellent encounters..... I think all of us remember them in one form or another. Last Friday, driving US1 into Raleigh NC, I have the cruise control on...set at 65mph. Was the only time I can remember in the NSX to use the CC. In my rear view mirror comes a Porsche. He probably had about a 15-20mph closure rate. When he gets about 30 yards behind, he matched my speed. He slowly eases past, I lower the window and wave and he returns it. He's driving a 911 Carrera GTS. He then spends about another 30 seconds ahead of mine and then I see a "thumbs up" come out the driver's window, which I return. He gave a good hard look at a car 15 years his elder. His speed picked back up and he drove on.

What’s the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine?

On a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

Normally I just go for loop drives and start and end at home with no stops. Last week I had a day off and took the NSX on a couple errands. I was two for two on stops and inquiries. The first was at a motorsports dealership. When I pulled up there were immediately 3 people around the car - I didn't even see where they came from. I think one was an employee and two were customers. The employee knew a lot about them. When I was in the store, two other people came up and asked "is that your car out there?" (not even saying which car) and asked a few intelligent questions. Not too surprising since there is usually a pretty strong overlap of cycle/car geeks.

On the way home, I stopped in a nearly empty stripmall lot to put the top back on and grab something, and again out of nowhere a nice guy was right there with his teenage son. He also knew the cars very well, and said to his son, "This is why you need to stay out of trouble and do well in school." I though that was cool and confirmed his statement. He then said, "the only time I usually see these the tailights in front of me are getting smaller".

I really like reading accounts of NSX owners being accommodating and friendly to people who show an interest in the car, even if they don't have much of a clue. Proving one by one that not all exotic sports car owners are necessarily self-centered a-holes, a fairly common stereotype - unfortunately quite often justified.

It's good to hear you guys have these "stories" and nice experiences! :)

Try moving to norcal and you will not this type of attention for the most part. People here just don't care about fancy cars as we have just about every type of exotic cruising around as daily drivers. Granted the NSX is more rare than a Ferrari here - people just are not that impressed by any car....go walk a cute puppy and you will garner 10x more attention.

Just too many rich ballers here with Enzo's, Veryon's, etc...

Only NSX owners talk about NSX's and we have a lot of them as evident at our NSXCA picnic this past weekend...

IMG_3810.jpg

Last edited:
The same is true in Vancouver, though the NSX is definitely more rare. It isn't uncommon for me to see multiple r8s, lambos, and ferraris all in one day. I'll see an nsx maybe once a week or so. Not going to lie, I still get excited. :D

It's good to hear you guys have these "stories" and nice experiences! :)

Try moving to norcal and you will not this type of attention for the most part. People here just don't care about fancy cars as we have just about every type of exotic cruising around as daily drivers. Granted the NSX is more rare than a Ferrari here - people just are not that impressed by any car....go walk a cute puppy and you will garner 10x more attention.

Just too many rich ballers here with Enzo's, Veryon's, etc...

Only NSX owners talk about NSX's and we have a lot of them as evident at our NSXCA picnic this past weekend...

IMG_3810.jpg

Wow...that's the polar opposite to having a NSX in Dubai. We all know Dubai is the land of the Uber rich and with more Veyron's here then anywhere the attention I received in either of my prior NSX's was stunning.

Forced off the road, stopped every single time I was out with it, conversations in parking lots, etc. etc.

Funniest one was driving along with my wife and a merc pulls up signalling to roll the windows down. My wife thinking "Oh he's looking at me" get's all excited due to the attention and says "Can I help you?". The guy proceeds to ask....

What kind of car is that? Do you want to sell it?

I laughed my ass off all the way home....:tongue:

Back