• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oct. 22nd or 23rd Drive and Meet

Arshad said:
Please, poke away :) Yep, that's the stretch by forks of the credit. Stuart, did you get a chance to make that run today?

My plan was to drive on Friday the 21st (around 2:00pm) if you want to come along) But I'll have things ready for Sat. (although it looks just like the map thats already drawn, its just if we do something after.

I'll time it at a speed we won't get shot at the side of the road if there is a speed trap, which I'm told to expect. I will also look for spots Johnny will grind on and mark 'em off! :biggrin:

I am also inviting a friend of a friend, Nika. She is Ferrari expert as well as an experienced "Forker" :wink: hopefully she'll have some opinions and suggestions.

Last edited:

I am also inviting a friend of a friend, Nika.

Er.. as in Nika Rolczewski? If so, see if she can swing the enzo owner to come along :D (I'm not sure whose Enzo she's borrowed, but she's written at least two spreads on them in the Toronto Star -- one a couple of weekends ago!)

I'll try and stop by Costco this week and pick up the radio w/ headset. Depending on the size of the group, we'll probably want a few of them...

BTW, long range on Saturday looks crappy... we should have a rain date.

Arshad!

Yes, the very Nika!

I will also invite Mark - who is the editor of the wheels section. (He was driving a borrowed C06), my friend Randy (who is out of town or would have come) was in the 512BB (one of his many Ferrari's) - the article may be about their drive two weeks ago that we are going to emulate - but with more cars! :wink:

Rain date = Sunday, same bat time, same bat station!? failing that next Saturday?

I'm expecting to have so much fun that I'll do the drive again anyways! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Red said:
I will also look for spots Johnny will grind on and mark 'em off! :biggrin:

Thanks Stu,

No need to mark the road though, I took the advise you guys gave me last week and am having airbags installed next week. (This shop comes highly recommended www.westcoastcustoms.com) :biggrin: :biggrin:

NSX2NV said:
Thanks Stu,

No need to mark the road though, I took the advise you guys gave me last week and am having airbags installed next week. (This shop comes highly recommended www.westcoastcustoms.com) :biggrin: :biggrin:

LOL! I'm imagining a cartoon of you driving and planting the nose, the car does a summersault - splat, and the airbags deploy.

While your at it at WCC you should have them do a Louis Vitton NSX - or is a Hello Kitty NSX more appropriate? :wink: :eek:

Attachments

• DSC00032.jpg
    DSC00032.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
LV awesome idea. I think I'll get WCC to do the 2 fast 2 furious treatment on the exterior, no one will see it on the interior.

acura.jpg

NSX2NV said:
LV awesome idea. I think I'll get WCC to do the 2 fast 2 furious treatment on the exterior, no one will see it on the interior.

acura.jpg

You're right!
If the peeps can't see it then why spend the $$$!!!

Arrgghhh!! My eyes!!!! :eek:

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the sunday unless we do it later in the afternoon (like 3pm) if saturday is rained out. Let's hope the weatherman is wrong!

Red said:
You're right!
If the peeps can't see it then why spend the $$$!!!

Actualy, in my opinion - A WASTE OF AN NSX!!!!

Certainly is to F'ing F'ed!

someone take that car away from that Mo-fo! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
SPA_S2000 said:
WHAT? Whose day was this Bruce?

It was Dexter Autosport. $ 375.00 ( booked at least one week in advance) and go from 9 till 5 with 1 hour for lunch. No run groups, just go all day! Despite getting passed by everything from a Datsun to a 700hp Vette, its a real good time and also a good deal. First time out you have to cough up an extra $ 250.00 for instructors but if you are competent, they sign you off to go solo pretty fast and after that you're good to go.No tech inspection required either! Always a good batch of interesting cars to look at too. No incidents other than a Viper hitting a wall in the morning when it was wet and all there were courteous while on track.
That was the last one of the season and I'll definitely do some of them again next season.

Hey Coiler:

You forgot to mention that old beat up 1970's Datsun was being driven by a girl!!! And since when have you started "drifting"? Kite sailing not exciting enough for you?? That was quite the sight seeing you get that thing sideways around T10. Had you had it any more sideways, you would have been going backwards. You must teach me how to do that some day.

For those that wish to do one last kick at the can before Mosport closes shop for the winter, there is another lapping day this Saturday. Cost is $300 trackside. The POC is Carl Wener [mailto:[email protected]].

Stuart, are we good on the route, or are you planning a drive to map it out first? Are you going to be leading, and will you have a copilot/navigator?

Sat weather appears to be clearing up.

Dave: Can you bring your son along for a couple of hours for the drive portion as part of his birthday treat? :) I'm planning on bringing my 6 year old as well...

GreatWhiteNorth said:
Hey Coiler:

You forgot to mention that old beat up 1970's Datsun was being driven by a girl!!! And since when have you started "drifting"? Kite sailing not exciting enough for you?? That was quite the sight seeing you get that thing sideways around T10. Had you had it any more sideways, you would have been going backwards. You must teach me how to do that some day.

A girl? Well that explains why she was so fast, I'm guessing she had at least 100 lbs advantage in bodyweight.
Drifting, no problem, I'll teach you the basics. Have a faster car behind you, concentrate on him/her and not the corner, things will just fall into place after that .
No wonder you didn't want to go out for a spin :wink:

coiler said:
A girl? Well that explains why she was so fast, I'm guessing she had at least 100 lbs advantage in bodyweight.

Drifting, no problem, I'll teach you the basics. Have a faster car behind you, concentrate on him/her and not the corner, things will just fall into place after that .
No wonder you didn't want to go out for a spin :wink:

OK, sign me up for Coiler's Driving Fool School!
(or do I have that backwards?)

I want to drift and swing so successfully! :wink:

I can't wait to be beaten by the girls!

I just hope they have cool whips! :biggrin:

Coiler, you coming on Sat?

Uhh,

This thread has a little of everything.

I was wondering when and where the drive will be?

Has it been decided? :confused: :confused:

Arshad said:
Stuart, are we good on the route, or are you planning a drive to map it out first? Are you going to be leading, and will you have a copilot/navigator?

Sat weather appears to be clearing up.

Actually, I may have to put my boat away on Friday! (I forgot about it, cars keeping me busy!!!!)

I figured we'd follow the map posted here, and then a dirve through country roads around the Forks.

I'm probably the worst leader having never driven the route as well as having a stock car, so I won't know about what you lowered guys will be worrying about.

I don't want to be crazy glueing Johnny's nose on while he beats on me! :wink:

Flashback!

Last edited:
swbatte said:
Uhh,

This thread has a little of everything.

I was wondering when and where the drive will be?

Has it been decided? :confused: :confused:

How can you be off topic when nobody knows what the topic is! :biggrin:

For you "Westerners" you can meet up with us close to the Forks at 12:00 on Saturday, we'll meet you there and do the drive (of course you are welcome to come to my place at 10:30 at Bayview & 401)

Perhaps the Westies sould plan a West Fest! :biggrin:

Red said:
OK, sign me up for Coiler's Driving Fool School!
(or do I have that backwards?)

I want to drift and swing so successfully! :wink:

I can't wait to be beaten by the girls!

I just hope they have cool whips! :biggrin:

Coiler, you coming on Sat?

How come I get punished for my only error in an otherwise splendid day. If I show up, no one will want to drive anywhere near me.
Actually I managed to free up Sat just in case and since the weather is looking much better I'd say its a must attend. Only nasty weather to spoil the party for me.

See you there

coiler said:
How come I get punished for my only error in an otherwise splendid day. If I show up, no one will want to drive anywhere near me.
Actually I managed to free up Sat just in case and since the weather is looking much better I'd say its a must attend. Only nasty weather to spoil the party for me.

See you there

No punishment intended, just funning you (and I really DO like to be beaten by women:wink:) : Remind me Saturday and I'll tell you the joke about the Old Greek Guy, Tassos!

If it is shitty/shit-like and (any of) you don't wanna drive, consider another get together to chat (vs. drive) what could be better to talk cars on a rainy afternoon? :smile:

Ok let's formalize this a bit with actual times and locations and figure out the details. If anyone has any objections, please speak up. Once we have everything finalized we can start a new thread with all the info in the first message.

10:30 onwards at Stuart's place for east enders. We leave at 11:30pm sharp to meet up with west end group.

Johnny, can you pick a place/time on the west end to meet up? It should be easily accessible from the 401 (preferably north of 401), and should have a decent sized parking lot. Ideally with a gas station close by so anyone who needs to, can fill up prior to the drive.

Drive starts from west end location at 12:30pm sharp, so let's all aim to be at the west end location by 12pm'ish. We'll also PM cell phone numbers to people going on the drive in case anyone joins late or gets lost on the way. I'll try and pick up a set of FRS radio's this week, so we should have at least 4 altogether.

We need to plan out a 45-60 min drive... any volunteers to do the drive and map it out? Daria? Johnny? Anyone else out on the west end? I'm just afraid of running into dirt roads if we simply plan it via map. Last time we did a few twisty/fun sections... it would be cool if there was more of that, since the actual forks section is heavily policed and you can't really go fast on there anyways due to the sharp turns.

We need to choose a place for lunch and make reservations for around 2pm once we have a show of hands so we can figure out how many are coming. Anyone want to take on lunch logistics?

Lastly, let's have a backup plan (lunch only, or meet up at stu's or whatever), and let's make a posting on saturday morning by 10am noting whether the drive is on or off based on weather conditions. Long range on sunday is looking iffy, so if saturday is off, let's reschedule for same time the following saturday.

Here's the tentative list (please add/delete to this as necessary):

Arshad
NSX2NV
coiler
swbatte
Red
Nika (bringing own car?)
Bram
Tumbler?
Rui?
Daria?
Lionel?
SPA_S2000? (sneak away and bring your son!)
Ferrari 430 owner
Porsche Turbo owner

Stu, do you have a list of other people you are bringing along?

Johnny... do you want to make a post on the mailing list you have and notify people of this thread to see if any other NSX'ers are interested? A lot of people don't regularly check prime so we may be able to get a few others.

I had planned to do the Mosport lapping day but after just looking at the latest forecast for Saturday on the weathernetwork, I may pass on it. In that event, I might stop by to chat for a while if you guys decide to hang out with Stu at his place instead of going for the drive.

I'm travelling France, Budapest and Amsterdam right now but I plan to be back and will make a meet / drive if it's Sunday Oct 23rd. The forecasts don't look good for either Sat or Sun so far... 60% POP

See you guys soon.

Yeah the weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate this weekend. Shall we move it to next saturday, same time? That'll also allow at least another 3 people who can't make it this saturday: SPA_S2000, Red_Dragon and Lithiumus.

Next Saturday works better for me. I was just told about a function I have from 10am to 12pm Sat. If the drive is on I will try my best to be at the meeting place by 12:30pm.

If next Sat is a go, everyone on the west end can meet up at my shop (Williams Pkwy and Airport rd) of we can meet up at a gas station on Hwy 10 and king street area.

Let me know.

Back