• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM intake vs k&n

Like any aftermarket filter it would have to have the right amount of oil to catch dust particles but not have too much that the excess oil goes into the system, also it needs to be cleaned on a regular basis otherwise the above will happen. I think those comments above sound like someone has not done any of that.
If any of you have owned a dirt bike and used it as intended cleaning the air filter after each ride is mandatory and putting just enough oil and not too much is part of that routine otherwise starting and running become difficult. If you are not prepared to do that then OEM is your only option.

Exactly... and all that work for what? 2 or 3 whp? And even that much of a gain is controversial at best.

Okay guys,
This is where I eat a little bit of crow and say that "most" of you were right on the gunk that the k&n intake let's into your motor. I have the Oem intake manifold here after Shad ripped it out for the ctsc kit and he even showed me all the Chewy gooey gunk coated everywhere in the manifold. It makes me paranoid about running the uni filter I have now.
I may have over oiled the previous filter or it may have been from the previous owner. It is too hard to tell. The fact here though is, my manifold as well as the spool valves were caked with molasses! Something to consider for anyone new here.:wink:

Oh trust me, it is breathing like a sprint runner gold medalist after Shad worked his magic and threw on the ctsc!But that is just how I learn. I'm. A hands on learner.
Now, let's see how much better your engine breaths with all the gunk gone. :encouragement:

Back