• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM valve cover

My OEM valve covers are red with a metal piece down the center that is silver/gray? Anyone know what color the metal piece is or can post a good picture showing the color?

Thanks
Mike

hows this for help with a helpful pic LOL

9919graphite-grey.jpg

Not sure what you are asking but yes, the metal cover trim piece is a titanium finish.

Hey guys thanks. I need to match the color in a high heat paint.

Are you sure about the color Shawn? The only pic i have looks lighter.

Mike

7367870974_9a11a305f5_b.jpg

I am not sure on the color.

but I know that after I drive my NSX HARD redline to redline
and you open the hatch up and touch those things they are only warm/cool compared to the rest of the engine.
dont ask me why, you would they would be hot as hell but they are not.

dont quote me but I think a non heat paint would work.

as for the color spray paint pic I showed you is for the interior and would be pretty close but never tried it.

I am not repainting those parts. I need the picture to be able to get a close color match on a sc.

Thanks
Mike

Mike, I agree with shawn, I have used regular non heat paint on many engine parts, (water pumps, valve covers,) etc. with no problems. I would suggest if you go with spray can, go to an auto body supply store, a reputable place that sells DuPont or PPG automotive finishes. Buy the very best paint they have. I have found some real junk at hardware and big box stores. also surface needs to be super clean, and you should always use high quality primer. Hope this helps, Joe

Mike, I agree with shawn, I have used regular non heat paint on many engine parts, (water pumps, valve covers,) etc. with no problems. I would suggest if you go with spray can, go to an auto body supply store, a reputable place that sells DuPont or PPG automotive finishes. Buy the very best paint they have. I have found some real junk at hardware and big box stores. also surface needs to be super clean, and you should always use high quality primer. Hope this helps, Joe

Thanks Joe,
Yeah, i guess i shouldn't worry too much about the type since i am using 2 part epoxy primer and 2 part clearcoat. It's hard to match the color when the car is 700 miles away. Guess i'll just pick a color and live with it.

I did use PPG aluminum cleaner and PPG aluminum conditioner first.

Mike

Last edited:
The part in the center of the valve cover is "Pewter Gray Metallic"
Color code is NH537M

If you want some touch up paint from Acura, the P/N is 08703-NH537MAA-PN

Hope this helps.

D

The part in the center of the valve cover is "Pewter Gray Metallic"
Color code is NH537M

If you want some touch up paint from Acura, the P/N is 08703-NH537MAA-PN

Hope this helps.

D

Thanks Dwayne,
I picked up two custom gray paints today with the epoxy primer and 2 part clearcoat. One is a dark titanium metallic and the other is slightly lighter with a blue/green hue.

Mike

Thanks guys,
It may not be a perfect match but i am happy with the color.

Mike

ad9a3398.jpg

Last edited:
Back