• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM vs Eibach vs HR springs

I currently have HR springs on my car. It is simply TOO low. The 285/30/18 rear wheels don't help. (I'll probably go with 265's the next go round). While it handles great, I wanted to raise it up a bit. I was considering putting the OEM springs back on. I saw that the Eibach's only raise it 1/2 " over the HR. I did do a search and read up on the tech specs but can anyone chime in on their personnal opinion?

Thanks in advance

Have you changed the shocks yets? I ordered bilsteins and had them machine in grooves that raise the car beyond stock height. Each groove can be had in 10mm increments.

Sounds like Ryan has a plan:).

Ryan, Did you keep H&R's and raise the car with the Bilsteins raised perches?

The OEM springs will bring it back to stock, up 1.5 inches of so. Eibachs will raise it .5 as you mentioned.

OEM and Bilsteins, lower perch (7/8" lower then stock) soulds like where you want to be, or stock height bilsteins or OEM shocks with Eibachs will get you where you want to be.

Ryan's mod from Bilstein, with 1/10" increments sounds like it would give the most flexibility, put the height exactly where ever you want it, and a great alternative to ajustables, which add a whole new layer of complexity for alignments, corner balance, etc.

So there seem to be three choices:

1. Eibachs and stock height shocks (OEM or Bilsteins) - 1" lower then stock
2. OEM Springs and Bilsteins - 7/8" lower then stock
3. H&R w/ custom height on Bilsteins - height as you wish

See ya on the 24th!!
Hey, any juice left in that bottle?? :D

HTH,
LarryB

I bought Kenric's car and it has H&R springs with (I believe) the stock shocks. It runs 265/40/17s in the rear. I have had no problems with the ride or with tire rubbing. I don't have a lot of experience with other NSXs to compare, but it rides better than the few I have driven with apparently stock suspensions. Indeed, my NSX rides better than my 325i, which has stock springs with Bilstein HDs.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Larry Bastanza See ya on the 24th!! Hey, any juice left in that bottle?? :D HTH, LarryB

Gonna have to wait and see on the juice Larry. Hope I don't use it all up getting there!

RE HR Springs, can "spacers" be put on them to raise the car a bit? Bear in mind right now nothing is scraping or anything. I just think the car looks too low. If I can put specers on the HR's w/o affecting the performance too much, that may work. Otherwise, I think what I'm going to end up doing is throwing the stock springs back on.

Any thoughts on what would handle better:

HR Springs with spacers or plain OEM springs?

Hey Gary,

I do not think there are spacers for that purpose, not that you couldn't have them made. I know there are spring "helpers" that go in between the coils, but I am under the impression tey will not raise the car, but keep the spring from compressing.

I think the stock springs are softer then the H&R's so you will feel a difference. And you will be back up 1.5", so it will be noticable. But by that I really mean "different", not necessarily bad.

Now IF.....you are considering a few track days (Road Course) this year, then I would go Bilstein/OEM springs :)

HTH,
LarryB

Thanks Larry.

Looks like I'll probably just throw the OEM's back on with an alignment. Much better suited for the 99.99% non-track miles I'll be logging this Summer. Thanks for the input and see you on the 24th

Gary

Back