• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Firearms Thread

I'm looking for a 22lr plinker tactical rifle.

Anyone have the SW MP 1522 and/or sig 522?

Ive shot a MP 15/22a few times. Its a nice rifle and fun as hell to shoot. Never shot a Sig.

Decent alternatives below. Actually, imho, preferable:

HK MP5 22
2245265_angle.jpg

ATI Sturmgewehr STG-44/22 (WOOT!)
stg-44-ati-american-tactical-imports-22lr-rifle-boxpic2.jpg

I'm looking for a 22lr plinker tactical rifle.

Anyone have the SW MP 1522 and/or sig 522?

I've got the S&W. With a Silencerco Sparrow suppressor the only sounds you hear are the click of the trigger and the impact of the bullet. If you need a silent squirrel killer it's a great little gun. It's a hoot shooting off a 25 round mag. :) I also love to shoot my Savage MKII TRR-SR but that's a bolt action.

trr_markham.jpg

I've got the S&W. With a Silencerco Sparrow suppressor the only sounds you hear are the click of the trigger and the impact of the bullet. If you need a silent squirrel killer it's a great little gun. It's a hoot shooting off a 25 round mag. :) I also love to shoot my Savage MKII TRR-SR but that's a bolt action.

View attachment 109070

I was looking at a .17 WSM rimfire at 3000fps and a Ruger .204 at almost 4500fps for varmints.

I've heard great things about Silencerco. It seems to be a common choice for the Sig 522.

This MP5 "replacement" looks sexy.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ml28BphAkSQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've heard great things about Silencerco.

The Sparrow is an awesome little silencer, besides .22 it is also rated for 5.7x28mm. I use it on my FiveseveN handgun and my soon to be SBR'd PS90 as soon as I get the tax stamp. It also has a "no questions asked" lifetime warranty and easily disassembles for cleaning which you MUST do after shooting filthy rimfire through it. It must be cleaned when going from rim fire and before switching to center fire 5.7 or you will get a baffle strike.

Last edited:
Ordered a LaRue PredatOBR 7.62 w/ 18" barrel. We'll see how long it takes to ship.

I don't think I'm going to go crazy on glass. Maybe an HDMR...

Sig has been releasing a lot of modular stuff lately:

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7M56n_AlCWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jeQjYrgwz84" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sig has been releasing a lot of modular stuff lately:

The 556xi is definitely an impressive platform. It didn't however give me that "Aha" type feeling as the LWRC R.E.P.R. does. I just might have to put my Nighthawk T3 on Gunbroker unless someone here is seriously interested in a high end 1911.

Incoming....

Another addition to the family.

I love the way my SA XD 9 shoots...so it was only logical to get another Springfield when I purchased a .45.

1_zpsa5563a26.jpg

IMG_3104_zps56bb43c4.jpg

Always been a Sig fan, currently have the 2022 for the wife and 220 for me even though she sometimes thinks the 220 is hers.

Here's a nice informational pic that may help some folks make decisions:

- 9mm
- .45 acp

IMG_3108_zps5343dddb.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen ugly guns and I know it's utilitarian in nature first and foremost….but good God Almighty, that XD looks like a bowl full of smashed buttholes.

Back