• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Firearms Thread

Used two cans of Gun Scrubber and the rest of my brake cleaner to try and clean the "cosmoline" out of the WASR. Didn't feel like going to Walmart so I pulled out the Purple Power. Well, what do you know, it worked. Cut right through it. Finished it with a good blast of WD-40 and some Fire-Clean to lubricate. Cleaned up nicely.

In the process of staining the wood furniture and fixing the magazine wobble issue. CIA tack'd the barrel nut. Cutting through it with a dremel didn't work yet. Will post pics when it's done.

When we shot IDPA matches, the steel plates fall with my 45, 9mm, and 40's you better hit it high, so much for ft/pounds. For every article you see about 9 over 45 you will find one going the other way. New bullet designs that expand sooo much better now for ALL handguns means that they is no clear cut winner. My carry rounds are Glasser Safe-T slugs, on paper they look whimpy, but they work better than any round nose design. Shot/carry what you are good with is the advice you get from anyone who knows what they are talking about.

Like they say, the best caliber is the one you have with you. :p

Pleasant unforeseen variable with AKs = 1000 rounds for $254. I can start training again...woot. Wait, no time to do it. Frick.

New lower receiver build.

I just completed a new lower receiver build.

Seekins Precision SP223 lower.
AR-Gold trigger. (By far the best AR trigger on the market. Period.)
Ergo Grip
Norgon Ambi-Catch mag release and Seekins mag release button.
KNS Precision trigger group pins.
Knight's Armament ambi safety.

built lower.jpg

Hugh, how is zombie activity in sunny Fl.?

WASR vs. the Arsenal. The difference b/t stamped vs. milled is ludicrous. The Arsenal rivals the better ARs I've seen including my Noveske.

The WASR has refinished and poly'd furniture and a few mods to fix normal WASR issues. The Arsenal is untouched except for a 74 muzzle brake.

1234913_10201910095935148_1234898827_n.jpg

PS - as the photo indicated, I'm no Stickman.

Last edited:
Not to be a buzz kill on the latest versions of the high tech machinery but what about the old stuff like my Colt 1847 First Model .44 Dragoon image.jpgimage.jpg

I love old cowboy guns. Matter of fact, my favorite rifle of all time is an old Winchester lever action.

Thanks ^ Hugh - It's quite heavy for a pistol at a tad over 7 pounds and fires reliably when asked but loading is slow at best and now it sits out for display. If I would ever consider selling then of course it would get loaded up and fired to prove she is a firing model. I have other Civil War handguns but this is the only Dragoon in my care.

Bought some military 50 cal ammo boxes. Used Honda shin etsu to grease on the rubber seals. For some reason, that cracked me up.

However, for the life of me, I couldn't find silica gel packets. Nothing at walmart, bass pro, academy, etc. Had to order online. Pfft.

well... I found a site that offers real used military weopons colt ar-15s vietnam era also to ak-47 and ak-74's

Pm me if you want the link but they are limited in the kits.

the kits dont include the lower reciever and disconector but its a cool kit 599.00

Last edited:
Crazy. Not sure how I feel about taking the human element out of the firing equation. Hard to argue against every govt. wanting this.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/YBC8IFWC1P0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/YBC8IFWC1P0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

FN Scar/223 version!!!!
Who has one? Excellent Youtube reviews. I'm considering another AR in Janurary and this just may be it, but at $2500.00 price range I'd like to hear from some personal experience. Thank you.

I have to chuckle at these news items. They act as if people never had milling machines in their garages.

-J

Indeed. Nobody is gonna spend thousands on a 3d printer just to make a dangerous "gun" that they could go buy in the ghetto for $100. This metal printing could make it more interesting in a few years but right now i just laugh.

IMHO, it's the precedent of ease of use and mass production potential of manufacturing something "grown" instead of milled.

Instead of going to the gun store, you can download and print your 1911 at home. Imagine a clandestine boat load of 3D printers being shipped to NK.

Have a couple 'standard' firearms i.e. Mossberg 20 gauge but am about to purchase a .308 semi. Either DPMS AP4 or River Rock's comparable version. Both around $1300 which is a good price for a decent quality tactical .308.

Back