• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Firearms Thread

New Grips

New Grips on the Rami.

Would love to have this Sig:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ml28BphAkSQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Here's my first real firearm that I own. Shot a ton of stuff, but I finally own one...

A Wartime commercial C96 Broomhandle Mauser. Mine was made sometime between 1914-1918. All matching numbers and the condition was great. It had a natural patina, and the bore had good rifling with some slight pitting. The only real pitting was under the grips, as they looked like they'd never been removed.

The grips were the worst part, as you can see have seen some use. Apparently some wood boring insect made its way into the grips once.

L20140131-123153.jpg

L20140131-123209.jpg

L20140131-123301_01.jpg

L20140131-123316.jpg

L20140131-123523.jpg

L20140131-124403.jpg

Otherwise it was a great base to start my conversion to this:

L20140207-151826.jpg

Above it is my MGC replica based Electronics version. It makes pew pew noises.
L20140207-151902.jpg

L20140207-152026.jpg

L20140207-152047.jpg

Real WWI Hensoldt scopes too. ^_^

So there it is. I did some early test firings, but only had some private load ammo that was too light and wouldn’t cycle the gun as you can see in the following videos. I now have some factory fiocchi and new springs on the gun, so will go shoot again soon. ^_^

here’s the early videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4mUl69V1Ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbJlbVLBj0Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkXTMh4zES8

and the overview video for the mega nerds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yU-LMurFOU

Last edited:
Hahaha…that's awesome: a Han Solo gun.

I bet you catch a lot of hell from purists.

This past Sunday was a "Top 10" day weather wise. Low 70s, no humidity, bright blue skies and the Palm Beach Sheriff's 200 yard range was open to the public.

200 Yard Range View.jpg

SPR 3-2-14.jpg

This past Sunday was a "Top 10" day weather wise. Low 70s, no humidity, bright blue skies and the Palm Beach Sheriff's 200 yard range was open to the public.

200 Yard Range View.jpg

SPR 3-2-14.jpg

That's awesome Hugh. Where's the "like" button when you need one.

heres a pic of a few guns I don't mind sharing I have other I cant share
AR15, SW 357 Mag, Berreta Minx 22, Glock 17 9mm, Taurus 45acp

01_11-06-17_449.jpg

Nice. Two questions, what muzzle device is that, and with the upcoming change in WA law, are you planning to make that an SBR?

It is a 4 piece by ak-builder.com. Cnc warrior also makes them. I guess it is a US made clone of a krink muzzle device. I actually haven't shot it yet so I'm not sure about SBRig it.

Agreed. Maybe with a 22" barrel and a suppressor…on a stationary mount. ;)

My gun range has quarterly machine gun meets and they're fun but I'm glad I don't have one. Actually, the three shot bursts M4s weren't that bad.

Yeah those are too rich for my blood. I could buy another pistol for that kinda money. It'd be really tempting at $200-250.

Agreed. Maybe with a 22" barrel and a suppressor…on a stationary mount. ;)

My gun range has quarterly machine gun meets and they're fun but I'm glad I don't have one. Actually, the three shot bursts M4s weren't that bad.

It's funny, because the few times I used one on burst at the range for a simulated 300m target (at 25m), only the first shot from each burst hit. On actual deployment, I never once bothered with burst fire. At short range, I was a good enough shot to hit 2 out of 2 with a ... ahem... controlled pair. At long range, well, those shots take time to aim, so burst would have been wasteful. But, then again... I tend to prefer well aimed shots. Even with my .50, I was off the trigger before a 3rd round left the chamber (often, only one round would make it out). It took conscious effort to fire the full 5-7. I always felt like successive shots would just miss anyway, so what's the point?

My latest AR15, a Les Baer IPSC Action model with integrated muzzle brake.

7YK7Fvg.jpg

AiD4Fck.jpg

My AR collection: The other two are NEA (North Eastern Arms), which is a Canadian company. One is a 14.5" barrel with Magpul ACS stock, the other is a 7.5" barrel with CCS stock.

RV2y1TZ.jpg

I never liked burst/auto on personal firearms (even in the military). Waste of ammo, IMHO.

I agree that it is a waste of ammo for 99.99% of the time it is used. It is really not needed for many people or situations but it is nice to have (auto not burst) when that unicorn of an occasion arises that semi is not handling. I would say Sangin is a good place to have/ use it ;)

How do you like your CCS stock? I assume it's made for the Colt 9mm carbine as well.
My latest AR15, a Les Baer IPSC Action model with integrated muzzle brake.

7YK7Fvg.jpg

AiD4Fck.jpg

My AR collection: The other two are NEA (North Eastern Arms), which is a Canadian company. One is a 14.5" barrel with Magpul ACS stock, the other is a 7.5" barrel with CCS stock.

RV2y1TZ.jpg

Back