• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Official Group Buy : S2CarbonWorks NSX GT Aluminum Coolant Reservoir Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice looking tank. Yea it's a little steep but guess what? You get what you paid. I understand if it was made for a civic $400+ is way to steep but this is an NSX. Stop being cheap! Seller (NSX1145) gotta eat and have mouthS to feed too :tongue:

Keep up the good work looks like you have quite a list going. If I wasn't in the process of selling my NSX my name would of been in the list already :smile:.

Perhaps you might find a used SOS or Dali tank for $300 and hope it doesn't crack like all the rest of them...then end up paying more than its worth to fix it when it does crack, which would end up costing more time/hassle/money than buying one of ours.
Some folks choose to do things the easy way, others the hard way.
I appreciate the quality and craftsmanship. It's a very nice piece and I have spent a lot on quality parts for. It's just hard for me to spend more money on the tank then my new aluminum radiator cost. Looks like you are selling plenty of them and its a great looking piece :)

Perhaps you might find a used SOS or Dali tank for $300 and hope it doesn't crack like all the rest of them...then end up paying more than its worth to fix it when it does crack, which would end up costing more time/hassle/money than buying one of ours.
Some folks choose to do things the easy way, others the hard way.

Its all cosmetic anyway... you gotta pay to play. Whether is yours, SOS, Dalis, etc... 100% cosmetic. So for some, the price doesn't matter, for others, well, we might find it a little steep. Doesn't mean (at least I hope it doesnt mean) people are questioning the true value or craftsmanship. I think this product looks great.. but for now, I personally can't justify the price when there are plenty other things I want to do first with my car. It's all relative to what each owner is willing to throw down.

This isn't about the easy or hard way, it's just business. If you are really that confident in your products, then it should be beneath you to even respond with such a defensive post. Who cares if some don't like the cost, others are obviously lining up to order the part.

It's pretty well documented that the OEM coolant tank will split and leak. Not a question of "if" but "when". With other vendors abondoning this replacement part, it's nice to see a new vendor step in and create this much needed part. Given that it's almost 2013, things certainly have not gotten cheaper. Maintenance on an NSX is either all in, or roll the dice. I've got too much invested in mine to roll the dice and cheap out now. Keep up on your maintenance and your car will rarely let you down. This is a nice looking tank, looks to be well constructed and even has an additional site tube should the original crack. Seems like a solid purchase to me.

LIST UPDATED!

Only 3 more days to get in on the Group Buy! Don't miss out on some savings. Thanks to all who have participated, hopefully we can do more great things for the NSX community in the future

thankyou for those of you who have participated in this GB. We will continue to push forward with other new products for this niche exotic car, these group buys will continue to make others possible.

For those of you who have not paid, or contacted me to pay for your tank, I will be sending you a PM regarding this. All payments are DUE now, the deadline for payments was YESTERDAY the 15th.

For those of you who missed this opportunity on early purchase, you can find the coolant tanks for sale on our website in the coming weeks at regular retail pricing $499 and up. Thankyou

Last edited:
Thanks for the PM. I haven't been monitoring Prime recently so these recent updates had escaped me.

Just a small update:

tank materials have all been cut. I'm waiting on some small fittings and flanges from the Cnc before we can weld these up. Having to plan production around other people's holiday plans is sometimes difficult. I expect to be welding the first ones starting end of this week. Thanks

Heres a cell phone teaser!!!

Only a few each day can be made, but we have about 12~ near completion.

a1_zps42571b18.jpg

Yep I'm looking forward to that shining in my engine bay.

The baffle plate inside is very nice as well. It's welded to the bottom and sides as a reinforcement :)

Thankyou all for your patience in getting these bad boys produced!

Tomorrow we are shipping out the first 10 tanks, more once they come back from the powdercoating. This first batch that is shipping is what we have back from round 1 at the anodizers. I'll update and send tracking tomorrow.

Below are pics of the Anodized Black and Silver Anodized finishes. They look great!

DSC_0247_zpsdec8608e.jpg

DSC_0248_zps9d7ba7ce.jpg

DSC_0249_zps68c48e15.jpg

DSC_0252_zpsacf45046.jpg

Next to one of our new Intake Manifold Covers in Black Anodized finish as well...

^ Same price as black and silver. I'm having one done in red wrinkle powder as we speak, I'm going to post some pics of that one as well (in the thread for the manifold cover we have)

The first 8 have been shipped today. I will email each of you guys with the tracking tomorrow.

DSC_0247_zps72ae5af2.jpg

They are packaged VERY WELL, and FULLY INSURED. So, if you have any troubles, don't hesitate to call the shipper and file a claim if needed.

I will be posting a DIY INSTALL in the DIY SECTION in the coming days when I get time so to make your guys' installation a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back