• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Official Group Buy : S2CarbonWorks NSX GT Aluminum Coolant Reservoir Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
those tanks look bullet proof. I bet the tank will last longer than my engine. Nice work, checking my front door everyday from now on.

Last edited:
aa_zpsb194d723.jpg

That looks great Valhalla!

Thanks. I like it a lot. Very clean and OEMish, but bullet proof. Nice product. Keep them coming.

Maybe 30 minutes total. You have three (3) 10mm bolts plus the small bracket that clamps that vacuum line that you see in front of the coolant tank. I undid all the top hoses, removed the bolts, then loosened the bottom hose carefully. When I was ready to remove the tank I slid the hose off and quickly plugged that bottom nipple with my thumb so I had minimal amount of coolant loss/spillage. I then drained the coolant into a small bucket to re-use. Install the new tank and pour the saved coolant back in. Simple.

One note, don't fill the tank on the gauge past half way, it expands as you warm the engine up and you don't want the overflow to "overflow" lol. I filled mine about 25% the way on the gauge.

Here's another 11 tanks ready for powdercoat and then they will be shipping!

NSXRAY1, Clean_Green, Phoenix599, Kwinkler, Audax, 1QwkNSX, FernandoLens, NSX1145....

I will have a FEW extra tanks available, so if you missed out on the group buy, you can still purchase one at retail while they are available! I should have 1 of each color at least. (Silver Anodize, Black Anodize, Red Wrinkle, Black Wrinkle)

DSC_0266_zps2e020004.jpg

Last edited:
One note, don't fill the tank on the gauge past half way, it expands as you warm the engine up and you don't want the overflow to "overflow" lol. I filled mine about 25% the way on the gauge.

+1 on this. I installed mine today and filled it up just past 1/4 on the site tube. After a quick run to make sure all was good it was up to about 3/4 on the tube at normal operating temp. On the whole this tank looks very well built, and is great looking in general. Money well spent. I'll try and get some pic up a little later.

On a side note I have heard of some metal tanks cracking at the welds from vibration (Not that I think this tank would be prone to that.) so I think I'm gonna put some rubber washers on the 3 bolts that hold it on. Think that might help or am I just being over cautious?

Last edited:
I hope you so another GB within the next year

How soon do you need one, I have a few available left unless you are waiting a few months before purchasing, I doubt what few I have left will last that long...

I recieved the tank a few days ago. Perfect packaging, extra sight tube and the softest feeling metal I have ever felt. Intalled and took the wife out for dinner, tank worked flawless and was such a good looking part in the hatch. Thanks again. I might order a back up part in fear that in 25 years you won't be making them anymore like sos.

The LAST GROUP BUY CUSTOMER tanks are going out!

Red Wrinkle and Black Wrinkle Powdercoat! Looks great! We just installed one today on Clean_Green's NSX and it looks great!

DSC_0266_zps8926e4bb.jpg

DSC_0267_zpsf534b498.jpg

Good looking tanks. PM me a price for a black anodized and shipping cost to Saskatchewan, Canada.

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

I did get your PM, thanks. Just figuring out if I should get it now or hope you still have them later. Thanks again.

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

I did get your PM, thanks. Just figuring out if I should get it now or hope you still have them later. Thanks again.

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

If you're specific on finish, you might jump in soon before we are out of stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back