• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil fitting question

13sl001_e08.png

Is #12 in this picture British pipe thread or normal 1/8th NPT. I'm gonna use a t fitting on this and want to make sure I use the right adapter if needed.

To my knowledge, there are no British anything on this engine. It's either all metric or in this case you could use an 1/8 pipe if your fitting doesn't have any metric equivalents available. I've put in a temperature sensor for the oil in that area from Defi which is a foreign, I think Japanese, maker of gauges and sensors. If my memory serves me correctly, I don't remember taping that area with a 1/8 pipe thread tap. My sensor screwed right in since it was metric to begin with. I don't believe any pipe threads are used on this engine in any areas, but the way to confirm is when you remove the old sensor, if it has an O-ring or gasket on it, then it's a metric thread. If it doesn't, then it will be a pipe thread of some sort. Larry Bastanza should know this about the engine.

Al

Last edited:
I'm gonna pull it off tonight, hopefully I can tell from looking at it. I know on most other honda engines this fitting is british pipe thread not metric. Also I just looked up the replacement part and it says the thread is 1/8 and 28 threads per inch which i think is bspt where as npt is 27.

Last edited:
Back