• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil pan removal help

Hi all. Taking my oil pan out for baffle and turbo return line. Also have comptech headers I think I can take all bolts off pan but will it clear what's inside. Drop down and angle out. Thanks.

I was going to replace my oil pan gasket and asked this same question. The responses were overwhelmingly "NO, you have to remove the header". The oil pickup tube sits too low in the pan to remove the pan without removal of the header. :frown: I'm living with a slightly seeping pan gasket.

Thanks guys. Got header off Waiting for my baffle to come in. And it's turbo time. Thanks wil. (ap-x turbo kit) cant wait

I removed the U shaped bar in the rear. The front brace is disconnected but do I need to completely remove it? There seems to be a bolt that runs horizontally that really looks like a PITA. Help please

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 38
Thanks guys. Got header off Waiting for my baffle to come in. And it's turbo time. Thanks wil. (ap-x turbo kit) cant wait

I removed the U shaped bar in the rear. The front brace is disconnected but do I need to completely remove it? There seems to be a bolt that runs horizontally that really looks like a PITA. Help please

1/2 long extension, swivel adapter, 17mm deep socket

You can use a gun if the size of your extensions alow it. I typically loosen this with a 1/2 breaker bar, then you can easily back it out, the nut will fall off the passenger side;).

When you go to reinstall it, use wide duct tape to hold the nut on, with enough tape length to pull it off after the nut is secured.

HTH,
LarryB

It IS a PITA... And yes you have to remove it. Dont you love this car!? ;)

Back