• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil Pressure Unit Question

Hi Prime. I recently had my cam seals/gasket replaced because I saw oil drops on my garage floor. Well, I brought the car home from Acura after that was replaced, and there is still a leak present. Took it back out to Acura again, and they said I need to replace my Oil pressure unit.

My question is, after spending some bucks on the Cam seals/valve adjustment/head gasket, is it safe to drive the car around with this leak?? Also, what is the relative price for this replacement job, labor and supplies. Thanks ahead of time.

The oil presure sending units do leak but most of the time it's vtec spool valve seals. Changing the sending unit is about a 1/2 hour job, so 1 hour's labor and 37245-PR7-A02 SENSOR, OIL PRESSURE 1 1991 Acura NSX 235.42 List Price

My first question, where exactly is the oil coming from? I would wash the engine down real well with engine cleaner, let it dry, warm it up and then get after it with a bright light and some white paper towels after it cools off. Find the source first, then fix it.

Back