• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil Pressure

On what tick mark should the oil pressure read at idle on a 5 spd? Mine is on the first tick mark from the bottom and increases with RPM. I'm used to Chevy small blocks that will read at a minimum of 40 lbs at idle and increase up to 60-80 lbs depending on the op temp.
Also when the oil is thick (at initial start up) the oil does read 40 at idle but when things get to Norm OP Temp, it will drop really low at idle to the first tick mark. Is this normal? Where should the pressure read if it's not at the first tick mark? I drive in 80 degree weather.

Thanks
Victor

Sounds normal to me...When cold mine reads between 4-8 when it warms up it drops really low just above 0 at idle. In normal city 35-45mph and hwy 65-75mph mine reads just below 4 when you hit VTEC at 6 grand it usually stays just below 4. If you do a search there are alot of threads on this.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Victor,

Look at the top of your screen. There is a red bar. The first word in that bar is FAQ. Click on this and it will take you to the NSX FAQ, which has answers to Frequently Asked Questions. It will answer a lot of the questions you're asking. For example, if you go there and click on "Troubleshooting", you will see an entire section called "Oil Pressure". In that section you'll find answers to questions like:

- What Turns On The "Oil" Dash Light?
- Why Does The Oil Pressure Read Low At Idle?
- What Is A Normal Oil Pressure Reading?
- Why Does Oil Pressure Drop At High RPM?

Get to know the FAQ. I think you'll find it very helpful.

Back