• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Old Tubi vs. New Tubi

Now that the new style Tubi is out, can anyone give a comparison to the origional Tubi?

Appearance?
Sound?

and has anyone put one of these on a scale or dyno to see if they're any lighter and/or make any power?

i've heard the old style Tubi on MCM's NA1 and it sounds awesome. I'm dying to hear one on an NA2 car and see if they make any power.

mikec said:
Now that the new style Tubi is out, can anyone give a comparison to the origional Tubi?

Appearance?
Sound?
i got the new tubi on my 92 comptech headers. sounds great looks great.
went on easy.
but all i have to compare it to is a sound clip on the web.
naturally mine sounds better but i think they would be the same live.
they are quite a bit lighter than the stock muffler.

Does the new Tubi resonate at all? I know the old one resonated SLIGHTLY at lower rpm.

NetViper said:
Does the new Tubi resonate at all? I know the old one resonated SLIGHTLY at lower rpm.
i put the windows down and happily listen to the tubi music at different RPM like a kid playing the organ at a department store display. i wish i had sidepipes so i could hear it more closely! people used to look at me drive by in my NSX. now they look and their jaws drop. life is good. :biggrin:

FWIW, I can't hear any resonance on the new one.

Back