• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Omg!!!

Anybody know what kind of wheels these are? Black wheels on a black car has always been one of my favorite looks (especially when they are wheels as nice as these, on a car as nice as this :cool: ). I think I have to wash off my keyboard now...

seannsx.jpg

Just give me $10 for spray paint and I can turn any set of rims black. With a black car you don't even have to remove the wheels. :D

The General said:
BTW, i got this picture from the motherload thread in the picture gallery.

I believe there OZ Competitions they are Seans old rims they are now on Jasons Red NSX in the pic here...and Sean has Volk GTCs on his car right next to it.

Last edited:
Well, I thought these wheels were cool, until I consulted the trusty wheel weight guide.... A 17 x 8.5 OZ competition weights a whopping 30lbs!!! No thank you. Guess I'll just have to get a set of TE-17's powdercoated black. Now those would be some cool wheels, especially on a black x.

I have to agree with Nsxtacy.

The problem with Black wheels is that you can't see them very well except up close.

At a distance, you can't tell whether the car has 80 series 15s on stamped steel or 30 series 19s on forged 3 piece wheels. Now with a polished lip, maybe, but I haven't seen one yet.

I think black wheels with polished rims are hot too. I think a lowered, black nsx with . these bbs wheels with black powdercoated centers and polished rims would look badass. Dali sells them in 18x10 rears and 17x8 fronts, although I think I would go with 18's in the fronts to fit really big brakes :cool: . Anyone care to make a photochop?

blknsxnoc said:

The problem with Black wheels is that you can't see them very well except up close.

At a distance, you can't tell whether the car has 80 series 15s on stamped steel or 30 series 19s on forged 3 piece wheels. Now with a polished lip, maybe, but I haven't seen one yet.
Here you go!

Attachments

• nsxt03.jpg
    nsxt03.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 492
blknsxnoc said:

and a close up

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 479
any chance that there is a pic of these wheels on a black NSX?

Photoshop gurus please do your magic.

The General said:
Nice Looking wheels NSX-ster. What type and size are they? How much do they weigh? What tires are you running?

They are Work Roar's 17's and 18's. They were originally dark grey with a red lip. When I purchased them used but in perfect condition, I had them powdercoated black with a polished lip. I made the "H" center caps and I'm really happy with the polished lip. I'm not sure on the weight, but they are very light. I'll do some research on that and post the results. The tires are Falken Beta 451's. I've had great results with this set of tires(first set I've used) on the track, street and auto-x. The ride is mooth, track performance is excellent for a street tire, and tread wear has ben remarkably low considering what I'm doing to them. My NSX is a daily driver as well.

PS-Funny post Phoenix- good photoshop work.

PHOEN$X said:
Here you go, black wheels on a black NSX:

click here

hehe.. that's pretty good :D

Thanks for the pic, but did you notice that the polished lip makes it look like it has white wall tires?

The General said:
While we're on the black wheels/polished rim subject, would someone please photochop these these wheels into that photo with black centers? I think that would look unbeleivably cool. Thanks
I would help you if I could, but I am just learning photoshop and unfortunately that's beyond my capabilities at this point..
blknsxnoc said:
Thanks for the pic, but did you notice that the polished lip makes it look like it has white wall tires?
Now that you mention it...yes, a little. I actually like the look of those wheels on the black car, I was surprised.

Back