• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

? on removing stickers off of car

Yeah.. on the side of the car....

I've entered the R5 and just in case they want to put stickers on my car I'm wondering what is the safest way to peel them off. I know that when we put stickers on my friends car for his b-day he took it off and it took some paint w/ it..

I think I would freak out if that happened to me..

thanks,
-xavier-

Try putting the stickers on thin magnetic sheeting, like that used on... wait a minute. If this is for an NSX, then the magnets won't stick to aluminum panels. Is this for an NSX application?

A dealer one told me they remove competitor's stickers with PAM (yes the cooking spray). I have used it many times carefully with a razor to get it going and it has worked very well for me.

Try it on a beater first of course!

I also think AutoZone, etc. has a product they sell to do the same thing.

Good luck.

well there's an interesting theory...

oh man.. a razor to the car..

scary..

:eek:

CRX B16B VTEC said:
heat it up with heatgun / hairdrier.

Exactly. Wear gloves when you heat up the badge because the surrounding metal and badge will get hotter than you'll want to touch with bare hands. If you still have glue residue left over, use some Sticky Stuff Remover. Wal-Mart should carry that.

Brandon

be very careful and do your research first! another member here(i think his name is nicholas421) removed stickers off of his silver and lost big sections of clearcoat.

good luck

With a "R" or "H" or "A" badge carefully cut with an exacto knife through the center of the 3M tape while prying the badge off. VERY carefully!! then use elbow grease and Goo Gone to get the rest of the adhesive off.

Use a hairdryer to remove reg vinyl and clean up with Goo Gone

Don't forget removing stickers will reduce your Horsepower by 10HP per sticker... :eek: ...or 20HP for a Ferrari sticker. ;) And if you're in a riceboy club, you might lose your membership. :p

Try to find out what type of adhesive is used by the sticker... depends what it reacts to.

Back