• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

one of our nsx heroes in california =NSXSUPRA

is he our nsx hero?

• yes

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • no

Votes: 41 64.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not sure if post #67 is directed at me or not.......All I can say is that Tom 239 posted a mature plea that was met w/ a single word reply that seemed to strive to convey a feminine man/gay stereotypical accent....and this single word post was defended by declarations about me (?) being uptight ? Whatever.........All I said is that Tom's sincere post didn't deserve that kind of reply.....

It was directed at anyone who is uptight. Are you uptight? I have Pmed with Tom and I think everything is all good now?

Like I told him in the last PM I sent. My home is like a UN meeting with every race, religion, sexual orientation and even people who seem to be from another planet represented at the meeting. As I have said in the past on Prime I am prejudice only against lazy people. I guess at this point I am going to need to add uptight people to the list.

It was directed at anyone who is uptight. Are you uptight? I have Pmed with Tom and I think everything is all good now?

Like I told him in the last PM I sent. My home is like a UN meeting with every race, religion, sexual orientation and even people who seem to be from another planet represented at the meeting. As I have said in the past on Prime I am prejudice only against lazy people. I guess at this point I am going to need to add uptight people to the list.

WTF! Lazy people! Why you smug racist b@st@rd! LOL

I have to assume you're tirade was directed at me because the other responses were amused by your post...I should not have to be put in a position of defending myself as to whether or not I'm uptight simply because I thought that a fellow Prime member was seriously disrespected after he politely asked certain people to modify their postings.......

I have to assume you're tirade was directed at me because the other responses were amused by your post...I should not have to be put in a position of defending myself as to whether or not I'm uptight simply because I thought that a fellow Prime member was seriously disrespected after he politely asked certain people to modify their postings.......

I sent you a pm, and it is a joke so be ready for a joke. NSF people without a sense of humor.

The idea behind the pm is to help you see you could be having a good time but you are stuck in a rut.

You're still missing the point Mike. It was a joke - a one word joke over the fricken internet. Neither I nor anyone else on here would could consider that "serious disrespect."

You're still missing the point Mike. It was a joke - a one word joke over the fricken internet. Neither I nor anyone else on here would could consider that "serious disrespect."

Look, I'm not disputting the idea that it was a joke.....Post #59 seems to be quite serious.......Post #64 is exactly one word----impossible to tell the feeling, intent, seriousness behind it......but nevertheless it could be taken as quite offensive to post #59.........My post #66 simply states that Tom239 didn't deserve that kind of response given the apparent seriousness of his plea in post #59....I wasn't calling anyone intolerant, or a a gay basher or anything of the sort.....I wish this thread had been deleted a long time ago, because it's become a big pain in the ass (no pun intended in regards to the recent thread tangent)

Look, I'm not disputting the idea that it was a joke.....Post #59 seems to be quite serious.......Post #64 is exactly one word----impossible to tell the feeling, intent, seriousness behind it......but nevertheless it could be taken as quite offensive to post #59.........My post #66 simply states that Tom239 didn't deserve that kind of response given the apparent seriousness of his plea in post #59....I wasn't calling anyone intolerant, or a a gay basher or anything of the sort.....I wish this thread had been deleted a long time ago, because it's become a big pain in the ass (no pun intended in regards to the recent thread tangent)

From the pm I just sent you...

The problem with text is there is no way to convey the vernacular in it. I can't remember ever in the last 20 years ever saying anything hateful to anyone in fact if I did see anyone say something hateful either in text on prime or in everyday life I would step up and tell the person to STFU.

See if Tom were standing in front of me and had said what he typed I still would have said Thorry and probably snapped my hand down kicked my leg up and then given him a big hug and said lighten up man lets have some fun.

For the record, I would like to state that I sincerely believe SteveNY to be a good hearted person who never meant for his comments to be hurtful to anyone. This does not take away from the fact that he is a money hungry slumlord who actually prefers Ferraris to NSX's........:biggrin:

For the record, I would like to state that I sincerely believe SteveNY to be a good hearted person who never meant for his comments to be hurtful to anyone. This does not take away from the fact that he is a money hungry slumlord who actually prefers Ferraris to NSX's........:biggrin:

LOLI almost feel off my pile of money laughing so hard.

Look all you "thorry" excuses for men can give eachother a "group hug" if you want to, just remember that I get first "drive" of Steve's F-car because I was the one that "outed him", no pun intended!!!!:eek:

The problem with text is there is no way to convey the vernacular in it.
Which is why it wasn't the best kind of joke to make here.

Mike-san expressed himself well; I agree with what he said, so there's no need for me to repeat it and drag this out further.

steveny has said he meant no ill will and is sorry for any hurt he caused, and I'm cool with that.

From the pm I just sent you...

The problem with text is there is no way to convey the vernacular in it. I can't remember ever in the last 20 years ever saying anything hateful to anyone in fact if I did see anyone say something hateful either in text on prime or in everyday life I would step up and tell the person to STFU.
Steve,

Exactly.

I have never being rude to others in person. People who know me know I am a very polite person.

However, I have offened others in the past simply because of "bold text" or my own miscomprehension. Noticed that I always acknowledge it if I made a poor comment due to my own miscomprehension.

In real life situations, if you said something that others took it wrong, you can almost tell immediately and make either explain or make corrections. On internet you can't, especially if others refuse to acknowledge it.

Expressing intent in text is not the same as in person, there is no emotion. Expecting others to always take it right is not possible. There is always a time, appropriate situation for everything even in person. Even in person it is possible to use a joke as a cheap shot.

it's A Joke. Remember Those Things We Use To Have In This Country Back Before Everyone Was So Friggen Uptight!!!

To go even a little further I see this as profiling me. I see it as someone taking my comment and turning it into something it's not. I see it as someone making assumptions about me and I don't like it.

Maybe I have several gay friends who I hang around with both male and female. Maybe we joke back and fourth all the time. Maybe I have family members who are gay. And maybe not once has anyone of them taken offence to anything I have said, because maybe they aren't uptight and looking for anything they can find to argue about.

If you are truly hurt by my JOKE then I am sorry. I wasn't gay bashing or making fun of gay people I was simply making the same joke I would make if my Uncle stopped by for a beer and I didn't have the brand he wanted. He is BTW gay.
You gave out too much information. See how merely a stupid post can waste so many people's time. The thread starter may had made a harmless mistake. Other than a cold chill down my spine, I wasn't upset nor angry. The tasteless remarks on the on the other hand are very disgusting.

I can see that it was intended as a joke from 3rd person perspective, otherwise there is no point of you taking time to explain.

As for being uptight, minding too much about others business, or have problem with people's freedom to express, that is uptight. Travel to Eroupe or Japan or something. People are bust with individualities that you might find unacceptable. There are so much to experience. Ask our International forum members who currently live in other countries and see what is their stereotype view of American. Too loud on public transportation or shouting at non-English speaking locals in English, as if that will somehow solve the problem. This can be seen everytime you travel, their way is the way, etc. It only take a few to make everyone look bad.

I am an proud American (honest to my soul, I love our country, I had options to choose anywhere I wished). I have studied abroad with students from 66 different countries (mostly Europeans, Korean, Chinese) in Japan. I do travel often. It is sad when people tell me that aggressive, conceited, rude, and ignorant is the stereotype American image.

Last edited:
Steve,

Exactly.

I have never being rude to others in person. People who know me know I am a very polite person.

However, I have offened others in the past simply because of "bold text" or my own miscomprehension. Noticed that I always acknowledge it if I made a poor comment due to my own miscomprehension.

In real life situations, if you said something that others took it wrong, you can almost tell immediately and make either explain or make corrections. On internet you can't, especially if others refuse to acknowledge it.

Expressing intent in text is not the same as in person, there is no emotion. Expecting others to always take it right is not possible. There is always a time, appropriate situation for everything even in person. Even in person it is possible to use a joke as a cheap shot.

You gave out too much information. See how merely a stupid post can waste so many people's time. The thread starter may had made a harmless mistake. Other than a cold chill down my spine, I wasn't upset nor angry. The tasteless remarks on the on the other hand are very disgusting.

I can see that it was intended as a joke from 3rd person perspective, otherwise there is no point of you taking time to explain.

As for being uptight, minding too much about others business, or have problem with people's freedom to express, that is uptight. Travel to Eroupe or Japan or something. People are bust with individualities that you might find unacceptable. There are so much to experience. Ask our International forum members who currently live in other countries and see what is their stereotype view of American. Too loud on public transportation or shouting at non-English speaking locals in English, as if that will somehow solve the problem. This can be seen everytime you travel, their way is the way, etc. It only take a few to make everyone look bad.

I can tell you I am an proud American (honest to my soul, I love our country, I had options to choose anywhere I wished). I have studied abroad with students from 66 different countries (mostly Europeans, Korean, Chinese) in Japan. I do travel often. It is sad when people tell me that aggressive, conceited, rude, and ignorant is the stereotype American image.

If there are two ways to interpret what I say or type and one of those ways can offend you then I meant the other way.

BTW I voted for you before I even made the first post.

^^^Hey Calvin...

NSXSUPRA has a nice car for sure. I would like to see it in person sometime. Actually, we need to get a So Cal coastal cruise going...say from Laguna to HB or something like that....before all the tourists show up!

Prime didn't have this level of bashing when I first started reading five years ago; I'm sorry to see how it's gottten less civil here.

I'm not so sure. Though we certainly have more members now and that may have a bit to do with it, the degree of abuse the NSX community gives to fellow members has gotten no less coarse. Perhaps the frequency has increased but the degree hasn't changed.

If you were around during the listserver days...my, my, my...:wink:

Jason,

I think your car is lame:wink:. You have riced it up too much.:wink: :wink: You need to get rid of it.:wink: :wink: :wink: I personally think its not worth more that $20k.:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

But, I am willing to offer you $21k for it right now.:biggrin: This is my one time offer - not negotiable.:biggrin:

Hey Steve,

How is that Fiat treating you.:eek: :biggrin: (might as well offend everybody since I am on a roll).:tongue:

Jason,

I think your car is lame:wink:. You have riced it up too much.:wink: :wink: You need to get rid of it.:wink: :wink: :wink: I personally think its not worth more that $20k.:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

But, I am willing to offer you $21k for it right now.:biggrin: This is my one time offer - not negotiable.:biggrin:

Hey Steve,

How is that Fiat treating you.:eek: :biggrin: (might as well offend everybody since I am on a roll).:tongue:

The fiat is in the garage in NY and not gonna leave the garage for a while because the steam roller tires on the back are no good on ice.

Back