• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

One year of ownership and a few notes...

So, on Saturday the wife gave me a hall pass to spend all the time I wanted in the garage. Well, I got one for Friday night as well but I am NOT discussing that in this forum. Though, there is a photo out there of my car UNDER a lift.

On Saturday, I decided to remove the tail lenses to see why there was condensation. After removing them, cleaning them up and isolating the issue(s), I came to realize how heartening it was to pull back the trunk carpet and see what was essentially a virgin trunk. All the grommets in place, the toolset, etc. I was checking out the weld seams and just marveling at the car. I found a spider web in the fender cavity behind the tail light. I took out the CD changer and realized that that part had probably never been removed. I found a couple of 1990 dimes between the tool kit and the metal. I took off the original antenna (yes, there was anguish over stock versus shark antenna.) I even timed my removal and replacement of the head unit (the GROM had come loose.)

After almost a year and maybe 5,000 miles of ownership, I am still really impressed. I marvel at the thought that I have essentially a high-mile, straight car with solid mechanicals. And it is tight and fast.

Naturally, I drove the car to the office today and it being a holiday, let's just say Elston avenue saw a spirited series of microbursts and turns. You know, to exercise the beast.

Just a quick thank you to all who have helped me over this past year in getting my car sorted. It has been a fun year and the car continues to surprise and inspire.

It's really a special feeling isn't it?
The way it looks and performs, to the reaction from people on the road, we really are fortunate to own one of these timeless beauties.
This was my first season with mine and it lived up to everything I expected.

PS - haven't seen yours yet from our little get togethers. Maybe once before the season ends!

Jim

Speedmaster there you go.. hope you gonna keet it for long time!!

These are indeed very special cars, congrats!! And happy motoring

Back