• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Open letter to the Kansas City folks

Gary (aka) Zipy shot me an email wondering what was up with my car.....was it sold specifically and any plans for the future. Yes its gone, sold to a fellow Porsche nut in Canada. I think I may have mentioned early this spring that I might put it up for sale, not enough drive time and perhaps looking for something more suited for the track, not to mention a purchase of a boat and condo at the Ozarks was and is limiting my time. A 993tt with low miles and good shape are still bringing pretty good $ so I pulled all the race stuff out of it and put it up for sale.........it was gone in two weeks. Frankly, it sucks looking at the empty spot in the garage, having a boat does nothing to fill the aphalt addiction, ask me how I know. As for the future I hope to re-load with something next year. As I said, more track orientated and in a certain German make.

I have jumped on Prime several times to see what others are up too and looked at the photo's for this past weekend. Good group run and while I have not met all those, I have enjoyed the fellowship and genuine love of a long drive with fellow vehicular degenerates. The original group has been doing this for what 4-5 years now ? A few things have happened and we have shared a laugh or two and even a scare. Never will forget Mark B. meeting the barbed wire fence !!!!

Anyway, I just thought I would say hello and you guys keep at it and be safe. If anything keep this October in mind for the SCCA run-offs out at HPT. 700 entrys and roadracing over 4 days, its nirvana...

Tom

Back