• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

opinions on Dealer NSX

Originally posted by Orange240sx:
i got a new paint job on my 240sx not too long ago, less than a year ago. TOTAL paint job from back to front, inside and out, so i can't realy judge if factory is better or whtever. all i know is that my paint is magnificent.
mendarnell1.jpg

thats it next to a stock 240sx.

anyway, i think that most people make the mistake of not taking care of their paint beyond washing and waxing. if you want your paint to last forever, then you should clay bar your car at least two times a year. just use the very fine one. what it does is picks out imperfections such as oxidation. depending on how long between times of clay-barring, your paint can literaly change color, to a deep darker shade. i use Zymol wax too, it makes my car like velvet
smile.gif

Far right looks great, shouldn't these cars be on the 240sx Prime site????

Originally posted by SITNLOW:
Far right looks great, shouldn't these cars be on the 240sx Prime site????

there are pics of my car on other 240sx sites. i was using the experiance i have w/ paint jobs to further the thread. no, i don't have an nsx, but i'd like one one day. i like the attitude nsx owners have, and enjoy this message board
smile.gif
There are other people w/ out an NSX here as well. Dave just got one and has been here for i think 2 years before?

just saying, i'm not here to start anything, just along for the ride
smile.gif

------------------
Paul~
[email protected]

IMO the only way to keep your paint looking good is:

1. Use some kind of quality products on it as needed (more if you drive more, less if you drive it less).

2. STORE IT IN A GARAGE. PERIOD. No car stored outside for 5 or 10 years is going to have good paint.

A properly maintained and garaged car, especially one that is only a pleasure car and not a daily driver, can certainly have fantastic factory paint after 10+ years.

Back