• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Opinions on what to do with my NSX

ALLAN

Suspended
well, ive decided to widebody my Nsx. As of now, my Nsx is black on black. Ive been thinking of painting it yellow. What do you guys think? Im not going to change the front fenders, but widebody the rear. im also going to redo the interior and add race seats. ohh yes, almost forgot about the twin turbo kit. that too.

The only kit I would put on my car is the yellow widebodied Comptech NSX with fixed headlight. With the twin turbo, straight line performance shoudn't be a problem.

Race seats, bigger brakes, coilovers etc

Kinda like DAVID's silver with the single turbo, but in yellow it would be a jaw dropper.
Just my opinion

I am not a big fan of the wide-body kit, so I personally wouldnt do that. I don't know that I have seen one with only the wide rear. It might look ok. You can also put some FAT tires on there. I would also look at doing the 2002 conversion for the rear as I think it looks good. I would get the SOS HID kit for the front, or get flush lights like Gerry's car.

Are you going to get a twin-turbo setup, or go with a single like Gerry?

After the turbo, I would add 100 shot NOS.. you know for when you run into lambos on the street
smile.gif

I would also get some brembo's so I could stop after adding so much power!
smile.gif

I think with just the rears it'll look funny. Go with the Comptech or the Marga Hills.

As for turbo charging, I'd fly up to northern CA and take a ride in Gerry Johnson's car.

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

sell it, and pick up about 4 MR2s...
biggrin.gif

Buy some replicar bodykits for them, and you'd have:
- a baby Testarossa (testosterones
smile.gif
)
- a baby Countach or Diablo
- a baby Esprit
- a baby NSX ??

[This message has been edited by cojones (edited 30 September 2002).]

Ya, it might look kinda weird with just wide rear fenders. Also, I think the Comptech body kit looks great.....except from the rear. For some reason I just think it doesn't look right from the rear (And if you throw those turbo's on Allan, thats all any other cars will be looking at..the rear). Just my opinion, I personally like either the Sorcery front bumper if your going for more of a "Wow" effect (And I don't know anyone who has done this, so yours would be kinda unique)--Check out the one on Cyberntaions website. But I like Gerry's car the best; with the subtle changes he's done (Wings West I believe), Not to mention sick performance.
Just throwin in my ideas, I would like to see it in person when it's done
And theres a red lotus just like yours floatin around Ahwatukee, do you know him? I've seen him and waved a few times.

Or ofcourse, you could use all that $$$ to do some good in the world. You know, give all those girls "You've dated in high school"
make-over's. Maybe not though, as it seems like a lost cause......

Alright, one last thought for now..KEEP THE POP-UP LIGHTS, one of my favorite parts of the car

Pop-Up Lights = TIGHT

I am going to keep the pop up lights. i do not like the comptech widebody at all. the nsx needs the back widened, and when you do bothe the front and the back fenders, your left with the same effect. ive seen them with only the back widebody fenders and they look good. definatly going with the double scooped hood, and marga hills side skirts. no visible carbon fiber, car will be painted all one color. what i really dont know what to do with is the color? paint it yellow or keep it black? if i stay black, im going to get some nice chrome deep dish wheels, put big brakes on with drilled rotors, and chrome the brakes also. ill have the engine exposed, with 2 big intercoolers on top, also chromed. Jgtc center exit exhaust with carbon rear diffuser. i also dont want a big wing, but a smaller version.

also, ive been toying with doing the work myself, always wanted to learn how to do this stuff. if i mess it up, no big deal, then i just send the car and have it painted.

Allan,

If you go yellow, just make sure it is the bright (spa type) yellow. I cant stand the dull yellow look.

You also cant go wrong with black. Like Wesley says... "Always bet on black"

What about that new Imola (did I type that right???) Orange?

Nah, I say if you`re going to paint it. Go with a brilliant blue. Use the same color as the Royal Sapphire Pearl on Toyotas or the new blue they have for Lexus`. Heck, even the blue they`re using on Acura CL`s is pretty nice.

I think imorla orange would be cool, but I wonder if I would get tired of it after a while.

I really like the comptech widebody, but I'd have leave the stock rear spoiler. Haven't found another one I like as much as the stock. Proabbly would paint it white, leave black top...and put white or black rims on it. Re-upholster the interior white leather. sic.
smile.gif
White on white is pure luxury. Black racing rims are tough as nails. Just an opinion of course... the turbo is a must obviously.

I personally prefer black over yellow.. and allan, your lotus is yellow.. so keep the NSX black
smile.gif

I loved my black NSX but the Spa yellow pearl I have now is just stunning. I love it and now feel it's the absolute best color for the NSX. Also, keep in mind that yellow will accent the lines better than black and if you are gooing to widen the back, the black might not reflect that nearly as well. Black slims the car and that's certainly not what you want in a modified exotic. So, yellow it is, then?

I think you should go with the MR-2 body kit. And don't forget to add the t-top!

car is going to be a yellow wide body twin turbo, with deep dish chrome wheels, black and yellow sparco race seats, yellow carbon kevlar dash kit, lots of chrome etc. we'll see how it looks.

Back