• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

optimal spacer size for stock wheels '95

hi, on a '95 stock rim setup, 16/17"s, planning on dropping 1.25"....
what is the recommended spacer size for front /rear ?

H&R recommends 15mm for both but some people say 0/25mm, some recommend 15/25mm.... ?

james R
'95 nsx

If you want the wheels flush to the outside of the body 25mm adapter front and 35mm adapter rear.

I agree if you want it REALLY flush (and if the car is slammed) if you want conservatively flush (if there is such a thing) then go 15/25mm

BTW, it is important to note that only 94-01 wheels have the appropriate cut outs for 15mm spacers in front - if you are using spacers with integrated studs.

I personally like the 15mm front/25mm rear look. Just be careful not to over tighten the bolts holding the spacer to the hub. :redface:

15mm front and 25mm rear. Had that setup when I ran the 16/17 wheel combo w/ the car lowered and it looked good. Not too tucked and not too flush.

I have 25mm all the way around but in hindsight I should have gone
15mm F/25mm R.

ok, thanks guys for the info/reply...guess it's 15/25...for stock 16/17s...i'm thinking of H&R's spacers...what do i buy? i mean, for front or back, is there different studs i need to get placed or ??? what is required for front vs. rear setup?

also, on above setup, just putting spaces on, should it change any of the alignment setting/setup? i figure it wouldn't, if all you are doing is putting on a flat spacer ON but maybe i don't understand the nuances of alignment?

it's wearing well and going straight right now so...

pls advise,

james R
95 nsx

If you get a different size front/rear you will change the handling characteristics of your car (oversteer/understeer). 15/25 looks better in a way but I have 25/25 and the handling feel is exactly like stock. I used to run just the 25mm rear and the car oversteered, so I got the front to match and now it is more neutral again. Keep in mind the front/rear center bore is different so you need to get a pair for the front and another pair for the rear. Looks killer too, I love it.

Z8-1EDCm7D9rV2AE7GKR2ehCVnq_rZJU

1Gwia8uW6j-n4ORLylJ4l_aKAkbFT2qD

T56fUuZ46T88LMOnPeMHo92rflQzIgkf

_LkwgebB2j-AEraPgLW3G07Lcnmr9lzv

Last edited:
hi nero, well, i see ur 25/25 do look pre good... the fronts do stick out a bit much for my taste but i see ur point.... is yours slightly lowered as well?

i am thinking of staying with stock 16/17 for now so...

also, did you have to realign at all after mod?

where did u get the clear front markers? sos is too $$$....

james R
'95 nsx blk/tan

Yes it is lowered with the Type-R suspension. You don't need to realign it after installing spacers or wheels or tires unless there was something you wanted to change. The clear markers are the same one SOS sells, but I bought them directly from NSXclear, there is a vendor thread in that forum and I think they may be on sale. Yes they are expensive like all NSX parts, but there is no alternative besides replacing the fenders with the JDM or Euro spec ones which is even more expensive, so I went for it rather than waiting.

Also, I remembered that someone on prime mentioned that there is a chance that the 15mm integral stud spacers don't offer enough depth to securely fasten the new studs properly. The 20mm spacers also had the problem that the wheel bolts protrude so you need wheels with additional recessed holes on their mounting surface to accommodate. I think the oem 16/17 have it but maybe not the oem 17/17's. I can't verify, but rather than take the off-chance, I got the 25/25 setup since it offered additional justification. Take it FWIW, I thought I would mention it.

Last edited:
I think the oem 16/17 have it but maybe not the oem 17/17's.

This is correct. 16/17 wheels have the holes on the back side of the wheels to accommodate the tip of the studs. The 02+ 17/17's are flat when mounted to the hub, so no holes for studs. :smile:

Thus, jjhro should be fine.

ok...so...since mine is a '95 oem 16/17 rims, i should be ok then...
do you guys know if H&R makes a 20mm for the front?

going back again, the spacer gets held on to the car studs/bolts with it's own new set of nuts; and the wheel is then put on the spacer's new set of bolts with the old set of bolts? and that the spacer's bolts stick out a bit , so ,hence the necessity of having little holes/indents on the wheel (which are offset) ??

i'm gonna but bilstein/dali springs now so; need to finalized by spacer size and now thinking of 20mm for front; it it exists, and 25mm for back....

pls advise,

james R

Yes, the oem 16/17 has the recesses necessary to use the 20mm front spacer. See post #7 above regarding the spacer.

Back