• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Orlando Make a Wish/PRO PHOTO SHOOT/MEET

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen... Fellow NSXer who works for Disney here. I'm currently working on putting together a photoshoot in conjunction with the Make a Wish foundation. There is a boy here in Orlando named Louis, who is a fellow gear head with a taste for cars similiar to ours :). He has a life threatning heart condition... his last wish is to have a car decorated room... he isn't old enough to drive yet...

As part of that room remodeling we are photographing exotic cars here in Orlando next week (one night from 2/19–2/23) so we can print out a huge mural and make his room look like he owns a bunch of exotic cars. I work for Disney in marketing... and several of our pro photographers who know how to make magic happen will be on board for the shoot... It looks like we are shooting at our office complex one night after 5:30... we will have professional lighting set up... and will shoot the cars to get a "hot import nights feel"... the cars will look really mean... with their lights on and the lighting we have planned... it looks like we might also have the ability to mount cameras to the exterior of the cars with some suction cup camera mounts that don't damage paint that we used for a special shoot a while back... so we might even be able to take action shots of the cars at night with city lights blurred in the background and your car in the foreground kind of thing if you are interested in that... should be stuff you only see in really high line publications or dealership propaganda... once in a lifetime opportunity to have shots of your car sans reflections of trees/etc?

Details:
We are stil trying to confirm the date for next week...
You will be in control of your NSX the entire time... no one else will operate it. Our building is down in Celebration... I will have a Comptech SC 98 NSX-T red with tan interior/sos wide body kit here for the shoot.... and Todd will more than likely be here with his beautiful 92 White/Black NSX with 18/19 HRE 546 wheels, Vinnies side skirts, WW spats & spoiler, TAITEC JGTC Louvered Carbon Hood.

Any sort of car is welcome... S2k... Ferrari... Porsche... hopped up Civic or Integra that looks fast and furious like... We'd like a variety... but it's cool if only NSXes show up too... Louis will appreciate anything we come up with... he just loves cars... imports... tuner cars... etc. So it should be a pretty good chance to have some pro shots of your car taken for free :) and it's a good chance to share your car with someone and make a dream come true for one awesome kid :)

Feel free to post up interest here if you think you can swing by or pm/eml me or call for more details. I'll post more info as soon as we know the night we think we can shoot and I'll give directions etc. to get us all one in the right spot at the right time next week for those who have teh time to make it!

407.312.3063 cell
407.566.8339 home

Thanks guys and I look forward to a mini NSX/S2k/Porsche/whatever etc. car shows up meet/photo shoot!

Lee

Tentative. I will check this thread for more details later.

I could bring either silver S2K or red 996 Cabrio with minor Techart mods.

How old is Louis?

Hey guys! Glad there is so much interest! Everyone is welcome!

I will have details later today on which night next week we will be shooting :) Dave, our main photographer who will be involved, is shooting a large project today... so depending on when this shoot wraps-we'll see how his week looks for next week.

Loius is 11. Not old enough to drive :(... but I really hope there might be a chance for me to one day offer him an NSX ride :) He's shy and unassuming... a really great human being! He has a heart of gold... he's been sleeping on the floor most of his life :(... we got him all sorts of furniture that looks industrial and sporty ;) He'll finally have a bed and bedroom furniture. We made him a NOS bottle lamp... tables out of performance tires and glass... were working on getting him a lap top and hopefully some sort of gaming unit with car games... we have to be careful b/c he was under the wish of room remodleing and being in that category there are certain things that limit us as to what we can do/give... we are doing all we can. We're working with Rob Cohen, the director of "The Fast and the Furious" to see if we can get autographed pics of the cast etc. to decorate his room with. Keep your fingers crossed.

Details on the way soon :) Look forward to seeing you all and I appreciate your interest!

Lee

Guys... good news... I have a time and date! It looks like we are shooting for 6 o'clock this coming Thursday night 2/22. It should only take 2 hours so it looks like we'd be done by 8. If you can't be here right on the dot... we can start shooting the cars that are here first and then we can shoot your car as you arrive... and then maybe get some good shots of the group at the end of the night. There are plenty of places around here to grab food on the run if need be... Moes etc. are all within blocks of my office. We are at 220 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747. Essentially as you pull onto Celebration Avenue from 192 you will take a right at the first light onto Celebration Place. Go ahead and get in the left lane as you will be taking the next left (there will be a left turn lane no light - if you go through the light you went too far). You'll be entering an office complex with builds that look like they are from an animation... drive straight in and you should see a big group of NSXers/cars and lights. If that is not specific enough... let me know and I will call you or post more info. I'll have my cell so feel free to call if you are lost along the way and I'll walk you in.

Lee
407.312.3063 (cell)

Good news! We were able to secure and even better place to shoot... and Kent, our Disney photographer who is a car nut, is on board now b/c his schedule cleared up :) The new location will probably work out to be even more central for everyone too... So we'll shoot in the Typhoon Lagoon Parking lot near Downtown Disney... so we'll have an even better back drop thursday as there will only be sky and pavement in the shots. We are getting a two different types of fog machines and a special fog machine cooler thing that keeps the fog low to the ground by cooling it...... so we'll wet the pavement and have steam/smoke rising form the ground around your beast... so with our running lights on, cutting through the fog/steam the lighting of the car so it looks just so right, our running lights on... the lights reflecting off the wet pavement... and the low fog rising from the ground... we should get some really really rad shots and the cars should come out looking really sleek and mean! I'm so excited! I'll talk to Kent too about bringing some fun lenses and some filters too... The photographer said he'd make time to get shots of you with/in your car too... so you'll have something unique to keep :)

Directions to come later today to Typhoon parking lot... there are no speed bumps :)... Typhoon is closed right now and you'll be able to enter for free... we'll have someone there to let you in etc... Probably me :)

Can you guys post up if you can/will make it and what car you are coming in... I need to get a head count for Kent...

THANKS GUYS! THIS SHOULD BE A BLAST!

Sounds very cool!
I'll be there.

Thanks for doing this Lee. As you know, Make-A-Wish is close to my heart and I'd do just about anything to brighten the day for one of these kids.

I should be there 92 formula red NSX, lowered full wings west kit. I have to see the doctor that same day so as long as there's no issues, delays etc I should be there on time.

Carl

Directions from Kent:

Lee,

We'll be shooting the cars in the main guest parking lot at Typhoon Lagoon
Water Park. The park is closed for refurbishment right now, so we'll have
the whole lot to ourselves.

I'll be arriving around 4:30 to set up lights, and the best sky will
probably be between 6:45 and 7:45, though if somebody gets there earlier,
that will give us time so we can tweak the lighting better for their car.

Typhoon Lagoon sits across the road from Cirque du Soleil (the big white
circus tent building) at Downtown Disney.

DIRECTIONS:

From I-4, take Exit 67 toward Downtown Disney. There will be signs.

Take the first exit, and turn right at the bottom of the ramp towards
Downtown Disney.

Stay in the right-hand lane and turn right at the first light, which will be
Typhoon Lagoon.

Wind down the main drive and then bear right into the main parking lot.
I'll be on the far side near the park's entrance next to a company cargo van
and a bunch of lighting gear.

If anybody gets lost, they can call me on my company cell (321-436-6135).

See you Thursday night.

Kent

Kent Phillips
Photographer
Advertising/Creative
Disney's Yellow Shoes Creative Group

Man, I'm actually traveling up to Orlando that day, but I don't out of work until 7pm (assuming I don't get a late dispatch) :frown:

I suppose I could try and take of the last half of my shift to make the trip, but at this point I don't know if I can pull it off. Plus, by the time I make it up there, My car will not look very presentable. Still, I'm gonna ask my Sgt. and see if I can pull something off. GOTTA DO IT FOR THE KIIIIIDS!!!

I will be there. - Warren

11199nsx_2-19_008.jpg

Guys... Great to see that so many of you can make it! For those of you who plan to attent... can you PM me your name/cell phone number so I can keep up with everyone.

Thanks again guys! Should be lots of fun and not to mention a great cause! I'll arrive THUR around 4:30 to see if I can help Kent with the lights/setting up etc... I'll have my cell on hand so feel free to call if you need directions etc.

Lee

Argon,

Are you interested in a pretty much stock 97 Kaiser Silver? Not completely cleaned up for showcasing, but if you're doing group pics...

I'd like to show up regardless to help out/meet some other NSX owners.

Thanks,

- David

Argon,
Are you interested in a pretty much stock 97 Kaiser Silver? Not completely cleaned up for showcasing, but if you're doing group pics...
I'd like to show up regardless to help out/meet some other NSX owners.
Thanks,
- David

I'll speak for Lee and say we'd love to have you come out. The more NSX's the better and welcome to Prime and, I'm assuming, recently new NSX ownership.

Lee,

As Warren and Todd said, great event I had a good time and all for a good cause:smile: Hopefully you can get the kid out Sunday to see some more cars, I have a feeling more of the S2000's are more fast and furious in style than the NSX's. Then we can get him to sit in some and take pictures.

See you Sunday.

Carl

I'm really disappointed that I had to miss this!:frown: I got my car back just a little to late to make it. I heard you all had a lot of fun though and that's just plain awesome!:wink: I'm sure Louis is just gonna love the results of the effort you guys put in. You fellas need to try and post some pics on here so I can see what I missed. See everyone on Sunday for sure!!!:smile:

Last edited:
Thanks So Much!

Guys... just wanted to thank you all really fast! I appreciate you all dropping in and stepping up to the plate for such a great cause! The pics are RAD and I will hand you a DVD with high rez shots of all the cars... Well photoshop the pics up and I'll have to share the end results with you all! Just wanted to say THANKS SO MUCH and GET YOUR DVD FROM ME SUNDAY!!!

Lee:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Back