• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Other than the obvious weight reduction; why would one change seats?

1. Tall people have problems fitting, especially in targa models.
2. Whoever tracks the NSX would want a "tighter" seat.
3. Most aftermarket seats look better than oem.
4. OEM lether is expensive so if worn out it is cheaper to get aftermarket seats.
5. If you upgraded every little piece of your car then buying aftermarket seats is another way to spend your money :)
6. If you are a female you like the name of the above brand
7. I ran out of ideas :)

Last edited:
I could see it for track reasons, but for normal driving I can't imagine a more comfortable seat than OEM. Looks be damned -- I don't have eyes on my ass :biggrin:

I'm 6'2" and my helmet hits the roof, even in my coupe. I'm considering the lower cushions from Dali since most guys here say the OEM seats are the most comfortable. Happy Motoring!

I could see it for track reasons, but for normal driving I can't imagine a more comfortable seat than OEM. Looks be damned -- I don't have eyes on my ass :biggrin:

exactly!!

I'm 6'2" and my helmet hits the roof, even in my coupe. I'm considering the lower cushions from Dali since most guys here say the OEM seats are the most comfortable. Happy Motoring!

head room and better lateral support for me.

too bad those seats I bought did not fit.. went back to OEM. :frown:

Its amazing how light the stock power seats are.
I'm 6'1" and putting in the Dali cushion is the best mod bar none for me.
That cushion can be taken out to sit on the pan to add helmet room which also lowers you deeper into the V of the seat which adds substantial side support for track events.

For me there is NO reason to go after market.

Back