• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Out of Curiosity, Whats your job?

my company details and polishes the biz jets here in vegas and scottsdale, az. maybe thats why i clean my nsx every day, my fiancee thinks im nuts.

We Collect Tax Money Here For The I.R.S. (We also provide 24 hour emergency plumbing service on the side)
smile.gif

------------------

hey i see that you are from buena park

that is cool im from cerritos here
what color is your NSX? ive seen a few around; a couple black, white

Work Time: Systems Designer for a high end low voltage (Home Theater, Distributed AV, Phone & Data, Security systems) company in Royal Oak, Michigan.

Play Time (Other than having fun with my NSX): Crew Chief on SCCA Nationals Formula 500 race team.

i was just going through the post, and noticed someone saying that finance directors earn 8-20k a month, and work 70-80 hrs, and that youll never get rich off of it. i have to disagree. some parts of the auto business do require long hours, but then again i know bmw and mercedes and porsche SALESPEOPLE making in excess of 200,000 a year. i even know some vw salespeople who make over 100,000 a year. and they dont work all that hard. the name of the game is brand loyalty, and after you establish yourself you get the repeat business. in terms of finance directors making 8-20k a month, that may be true in a low level dealership, but i assure you it is not uncommon to have a income in excess of 500,000 a year. director of finance is the most profitable position in a dealer. it was also my position, and id work 5 days a week, 9-5, maybe to 6, take off early on fridays, and sometimes come in on a sat for an hour or 2. but very rarely. finance managers make substantially less, 100-180k depending on the dealer. the only way you will make more money than that is if you opened your own brokerage business. in the end, the auto business is a tough job, but can be very profitable. and i dont care who you are, even on the low end of the spectrum, there are many doctors and lawyers out there not making anywhere near 10,000 a month. take it from me, i see their credit apps and reports.

i dont work for them anymore. its not the only dealer i worked for, and i had the same hours all along. besides anyone making that kind of income works long hours. gm's also come and go, good f and i people stay forever. most secure job in the business.

Well it seems that I am the only yacht broker in the group so far. Trust me as far as job perks go the boat business is hard to beat. I just returned yesterday from leading 10 boats down to the keys for 4 days. Oh and did I mention that it was a company boat?, company gas?, and company credit card? Then I got to hang out with 10 of my customers that hopefully will be purchasing newer boats that will fund the new mods that just "have" to be done.

------------------
'92 Black/Black #977

MBA Student. Anyone need a VP BusDev or CFO when I graduate in June?

--twc

99 NSX-Z SC (High Boost)
95 Dinan M3 SC (290 RWHP)
95 BMW M3 (Bone Stock)

I'm a software developer. I've done a variety of work, but I'm currently looking to make the move into game development. It's been a hobby of mine for quite some time, and if I can get paid to do something I'd do for free, that's even better!

We specialize in the manufacturing of "crack" at competitive prices with 5% senior discounts available,gift certificates and "happy hour is every friday/sat/sun from 5am-5pm for all you die hards.... www.crack.com

------------------

Co-owner of carting company (residential and municipal waste)

But i dont really work very much, and "its not that i'm LAZY, its that I JUST DONT CARE..."
smile.gif

District Manager for a company that make all of the lights and sirens you see in you rear view mirror when your getting pulled over. My company car is a Crown Vic that looks like a Police Car, has more lights on it then most police cars. Gets me out of tickets most of the time exept that one time in NV going 100mph+.

Financial advisor. In the business of helping people establish retirement planning, saving to buy a new home, send their kids to college, save money on taxes, conduct estate planning, and protect their assets. Also assist corporation owners in setting up benefits programs to provide incentives for employees and also to help them save money in taxes. =)

finance, mortgages to be exact. i represent a nonconforming lender--we do the loans that banks typically wouldnt.

'so, we see you've been missing a lot of work'--- "no, bob, i wouldnt say ive been missing it".

Hey guys, you all have some interesting jobs it seems. Right now I'm currently between my sophmore and junior year in college working on an undergrad degree in Business. What do you think is the best choice for my concentration, because i have to decide by the end of this year. I was a retail salesman and installer of car audio/video electronics for 4 years through highschool, I wanted to major in Mechanical engineering, but I know i couldn't handle the calculus, so now I'm in Business. Now have had a part-time job for the past year as a sales rep for an independent marketing firm for companies like Kenwood USA, Bellogetti home entertainment furniture, Audiovox and Cerwin Vega to name a few. The problem is that I like my job and I do alot of fun things, get to travel alot, drive show cars etc, but I don't make squat, and I won't make much more if i go fulltime after i graduate. And I want to purchase an NSX or a downpayment on a house soon after college. My current concentration is MIS/Marketing, what do you guys think be the best bet for when I graduate in a year or two, considering the state of the current economy? thanks

Back