• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy P2F Type R Style Carbon Center Console

On the eve of the EXPO, we managed to finish another product ready for production.
Link to the webpage.
http://pole2flagracing.com/type-r-carbon-center-console.html

Made from 3K 2x2 twill carbon weave. Flat finish.

Process similar to RTM(Resin Transfer Mold).
Outstanding strength-to-weight characteristic.
Spot On Fitment.
Wt. = 10 oz.+/-
Reinforced center section for cut-out(ie Double DIN) or other custom gauge installation.

Shifter boot is mounted from underneath OEM style.(Not Shown In Pix)
GP Price = $450, double/single DIN and UV clear coated add $100
Lead Time ~2-3 Weeks.

As such, we are still working on the OEM style adjustable carbon wing, not ready for release at the EXPO
:frown:....most likely before Thxgiving.

Last edited:
Back from the XPO and what a great event especially meeting everyone in person. We are taking orders at this GB price until the end of Oct. This will help to fund our next CF product.:smile: of either a front splitter(straight out from oem mounting position) or the side scoop.

On the eve of the EXPO, we managed to finish another product ready for production.
Link to the webpage.
http://pole2flagracing.com/type-r-carbon-center-console.html

Made from 3K 2x2 twill carbon weave with flat/satin finish NOT glossy in pix.

Process similar to RTM(Resin Transfer Mold).
Outstanding strength-to-weight characteristic.
Spot On Fitment.
Reinforced center section for cut-out(ie Double DIN) or other custom gauge installation.
Use 800 grit prior to final coating/painting.
Shifter boot is mounted from underneath OEM style.(Not Shown In Pix)
GP Price = $450 + shipping
Lead Time ~2-3 Weeks.

As such, we are still working on the OEM style adjustable carbon wing, not ready for release at the EXPO
:frown:....most likely before Thxgiving.

I'm very excited to see your Oem Carbon spoiler debut. Does it accept the led brake light?

WOW, great price for all carbon! Bump for you guys for offering what no one else has besides Mr. rip off Tomsk%$*i.
Thx much!
Great price cuz we are "NSX-family" and there is plenty of life left in us.
There are so many short cuts to make CF parts and call it CF but we make molds for all parts so it fits exact and only use pre-preg for semi-structure parts and RTM for non-structural parts. Our CF parts are "home-made-2-order-in-USA" which means we maybe slow but we WILL deliver:), its one way to keep the cost low w/o sacrificing quality. We believe its important to post the methods so folks know what they are buying. We plan to make a lot of CF parts but we are just one year old and need everyone's support to grow.

I'm very excited to see your Oem Carbon spoiler debut. Does it accept the led brake light?
We are shooting b 4 Thxgivin and it will be pre-preg super light and adjustable(for C&C). we plan to do red LED in place of the oem brake lights. The end caps are done and we are working on the middle chord/section and the tooling is taking awhile....but, it will be done right.

I really like this since I want to remove my Oem radio. Are you planning on making something for the ac vent section? I would love to have both pieces done in carbon.

For us, its a biz decision and the short answer is "We hope so". Here is the long answer if you care to read on.

Our company is barely one year old and with just a few people making stuff p/t for a 25+yr old sports car in a very low qty market cuz our affinity for this car. We plan to stick around which means we are growing organically instead of laden with a biz loan to make big progress. This also means new parts are slow to come but looking back, we now offer a half dozen parts that are "meaningful" not bling parts when you think about it. (ie. we lost 33 lbs. of oem stereo using this part)
Recently we found another way to reduce our biz cost so we can pass the saving to you. Operation cost-wise, we have pretty good control.

So, when we can transition from "hey, we are having fun doing this on Prime" to "hey, maybe we should use social media to expand, doh!", we need to be careful with our balance sheet and establish ourselves as a credible biz 1st. Otherwise, we'll be just another flight by nite vendor. Its a fine balance of making bunch of new parts and keep the biz going long term. One good thing about making niche CF parts is we made to order so we don't have bunch of parts sitting on the shelf waiting to be sold which is more costly. Price-wise, it would be the same if we were making it for another car as all are hand-made w/ no "niche/rare" brand pricing.

This piece looks like quality. I still get pm's about my consoles so I recommend these since I no longer produce mine.

I would recommend for you if you want to sell more is to offer din cut outs and also finishing options for clear coat since I think that's what's holding people back.

Thx to Steve kicking our behind so you are not holding back pulling the trigger. we will offer this product with double/single cut outs or round/square cut outs and clear coated as well at $100 extra so $495 shipped is a killer deal and we need a qty of 10 to get started. We are using water jet to make the cuts and UV clear coated.
This part wt. 9 oz. before cut out w/ clear coat.

Last edited:
I think you should pencil me in......

Sent. Sorry for delay

Here's the cut on a test piece w/ flat finish. This is a single DIN. The cutting surface is spot on, smooth and precise, ready for installation. Price will go up after this first intro GB so if you are thinking of this upgrade in your future plan, this is your chance to get it at the low intro price.

Yes.

Updates and answers to PM:
We just finished making the mounts for the shifter boot today. will post pix soon when its bonded. The cut for the single/double DIN will be 0.40" below the climate control opening. since there are too many stereo/display devices on the market, YOU need to be sure the cut out will work for your application as far as the rear mounts are concern. If you are not sure or don't think our cut out will work, you can purchase it uncut and do it yourself as once they are cut, they are yours and no returns.

Back