• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

pacquiao cotto fight

completely agree... was a great toe-to-toe fight... only part that got kinda weak was when Pac was just chasing cotto...

It was a good fight and match up but I was getting aggravated by the HBO commentators.

I swear everything that Cotto did wasn't acknowledged after the 6th round. Yes he started running towards the end because he knew Pacquiao was taking all of hits and coming back to return it in flurries. Even so at one point Cotto threw a couple of nice punch and landed. The commentators were like all like "Look at that great chin of Pacquiao or look at that Cotto isn't even hurting him" instread of what should of been said "Nice hook/jab by Cotto". They were being Manny's Cheerleaders or something lol. Pretty much decided the fight was over before Cotto started to change his fighting style to avoid any more punishing blows. I was rooting for Pacquiao but towards the end I felt bad for Cotto. I think Cotto should of been acknowledged more for his effort and strategy.

It was a good fight and match up but I was getting aggravated by the HBO commentators.

I swear everything that Cotto did wasn't acknowledged after the 6th round. Yes he started running towards the end because he knew Pacquiao was taking all of hits and coming back to return it in flurries. Even so at one point Cotto threw a couple of nice punch and landed. The commentators were like all like "Look at that great chin of Pacquiao or look at that Cotto isn't even hurting him" instread of what should of been said "Nice hook/jab by Cotto". They were being Manny's Cheerleaders or something lol. Pretty much decided the fight was over before Cotto started to change his fighting style to avoid any more punishing blows. I was rooting for Pacquiao but towards the end I felt bad for Cotto. I think Cotto should of been acknowledged more for his effort and strategy.

very true... one thing that I thought was discouraging was how the wife pulled the son away from the fight early...

granted no one would ever want to watch their loved one get their face pounded in, Cotto never gave up... and imo, that counts for much of his character...

Much respect for Cotto for trying to finish the fight. He still kept on asking for another round just to prove that he can finish to the end. Im for pacman all the way but i do believe that the commentator were biased on the fight. Phenominal job on the legendary pacman who unleashed VTEC on cotto. :biggrin:

I agree that Cotto deserves respect for trying to finish, however, i do not think he had a chance after the 2nd knowing whatever his strategy was will not work against Pacman. Cotto unleashed early and Pacman just took it and once he got KO in the 3rd he pretty much knew he lost it. He practically gave up and danced around the ring the rest of the rounds. Cotto showed no offense, just look at Pacman's face......

Cotto has serious power, the fact that he could not hurt Pacman says a lot about Pacman's chin and strength. Pacvman has gotten so much stronger since he moved up in weight ...... with no loss in speed. Pacman's defense with his footwork (the angles he creates) has improved greatly as well.

At first I thought Cotto had the fight. His first few punches sent Pacman's head back pretty far.
It would be a great fight with Mayweather though.

Much respect for Cotto for trying to finish the fight. He still kept on asking for another round just to prove that he can finish to the end. Im for pacman all the way but i do believe that the commentator were biased on the fight. Phenominal job on the legendary pacman who unleashed VTEC on cotto. :biggrin:

Actually he was asking to stop the fight at the 10th round and his trainer was saying just do one more. First time I've seen a request of a fighter denied by his trainer. In regards to his wife and son leaving during the middle of the fight I dont' think it was the fact that he was getting punched hard that made her leave it was the fact that he was badly cut and had blood pouring out of his nose and mouth that made it a little to gruesome/graphic for her and her son to watch. I know I wouldn't want to see someone I care for look like that.

Last edited:
On another note. Julio Caesar Chavez Junior. IMO was/is a flop. Record says 40 fights. He is 23, who exactly has he fought for those 40 fights, and what was the gap between each fight? The guy he fought that night trained for 3 whole weeks and JC Junior couldn't take him out. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt because of his dad. So far, I am not impressed.

Manny did great against Cotto except when he was letting Cotto hit him with the body shots for no reason. That's just not smart...

Looking forward to seeing him fight Mayweather. I think the hype machine has been working better for Pacquiao but I don't see him being able to beat little Floyd.

Manny did great against Cotto except when he was letting Cotto hit him with the body shots for no reason. That's just not smart...

Looking forward to seeing him fight Mayweather. I think the hype machine has been working better for Pacquiao but I don't see him being able to beat little Floyd.

I believe that's Manny's strategy to tire the opponent out. He consistently done that for every fight I've seen him in. He just takes the punches and when the guy is tired he unleashes flurries on his opponent. So far it's been working lol.

On another note. Julio Caesar Chavez Junior. IMO was/is a flop. Record says 40 fights. He is 23, who exactly has he fought for those 40 fights, and what was the gap between each fight? The guy he fought that night trained for 3 whole weeks and JC Junior couldn't take him out. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt because of his dad. So far, I am not impressed.

Not impressed either. What a boring fight.

I believe that's Manny's strategy to tire the opponent out. He consistently done that for every fight I've seen him in. He just takes the punches and when the guy is tired he unleashes flurries on his opponent. So far it's been working lol.

I know the rope-a-dope strategy but the shots were hitting the body and that has to hurt, I don't care if you are ready for the punch or not. Better to block than be hit.

I know the rope-a-dope strategy but the shots were hitting the body and that has to hurt, I don't care if you are ready for the punch or not. Better to block than be hit.

He will not have to worry about that with Floyd ....... Floyd is a great fighter ....very technical and very very good with defense....but Floyd has fragile hands. Do a search, Floyd has hurt his hands many times during fights. One time he fought with broken bones in his hand. He hurt his hand against De La Hoya in like the 6th round and basically became a one arm fighter...but still won.

That's why Floyd fights the way that he does.

He will not have to worry about that with Floyd ....... Floyd is a great fighter ....very technical and very very good with defense....but Floyd has fragile hands. Do a search, Floyd has hurt his hands many times during fights. One time he fought with broken bones in his hand. He hurt his hand against De La Hoya in like the 6th round and basically became a one arm fighter...but still won.

That's why Floyd fights the way that he does.

Yep, I've been watching Floyd Jr fight for years, his dad even says he has glass hands. Bad hands or not, he's more dominant, bigger, faster, better technically, etc. Hard to see how he would lose to Manny short of some lucky punches.

Yep, I've been watching Floyd Jr fight for years, his dad even says he has glass hands. Bad hands or not, he's more dominant, bigger, faster, better technically, etc. Hard to see how he would lose to Manny short of some lucky punches.

We'll all pay to see that fight

Back