• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paid $4.19/gal for gas last night

I knew the day would come when I would look back at this thread title and wish I could still pay $4.19/gal. Just filled up on Saturday and paid $4.32 :eek:

Right now: June 2 @ 3:43PM Cheveron

$4.55

S. Cal.
Huntington Beach
Beach Blvd % & Ellis Ave.

Right now: June 2 @ 3:43PM Cheveron

$4.55

S. Cal.
Huntington Beach
Beach Blvd % & Ellis Ave.

I think we are screwed over a little more over here in the South Bay Area. :redface:
$4.79
attachment.php

Otto

Attachments

• Valero_southbay.JPG
    Valero_southbay.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 225
Just paid $4.38/gal, So Cal, Pt Hueneme Naval base to be exact.

Well here in Beirut prices are going up but MUCH more than yours! We're paying around 20$ / gal...

I'm sure over there in Beirut, people don't have to drive 60 plus miles each way to go to work either.

Even though not every one have that problem, but in S. Cal, there are plenty of them out there.

ya you're right, your everyday drives are like our weekend car cruise! its a small country but the problem is with traffic!! in the day time its a killer! and prices are on a high so its not somethin cool and its making a big fuss here~!

ya you're right, your everyday drives are like our weekend car cruise! its a small country but the problem is with traffic!! in the day time its a killer! and prices are on a high so its not somethin cool and its making a big fuss here~!

one thing i've noticed in lots of European countries with heavy traffic, they pretty much all turn off their engines when stopped at a red traffic light, even bikes and mopeds.

one thing i've noticed in lots of European countries with heavy traffic, they pretty much all turn off their engines when stopped at a red traffic light, even bikes and mopeds.

Tell me about it, every time I go to England and France, the traffic sucks. The freeway in England is so freakin' retarded and you can bare reach 100kph most of the time. The ride from Scotland to London were always tortures.

Tell me about it, every time I go to England and France, the traffic sucks. The freeway in England is so freakin' retarded and you can bare reach 100kph most of the time. The ride from Scotland to London were always tortures.

My experience in England, Ireland, Scotland, and Germany(duh they have the autobahn) was good in regards to traffic. Italy and others on the other hand, seemed more like 3rd world countries, they drive like crap. I felt like I was driving in Mexico City.

I've just learned that in Baghdad, they pay $0.64/gal!! :eek::eek:

I feel like this...

small.9222104455501142744.jpg

...after pumping $4.71 for premium today :mad:

My experience in England, Ireland, Scotland, and Germany(duh they have the autobahn) was good in regards to traffic. Italy and others on the other hand, seemed more like 3rd world countries, they drive like crap. I felt like I was driving in Mexico City.

Some thing about the freeway in the British Isles have those little round abouts every so many miles keep the traffic slow. Italy...lol I took the train there, didn't even bother to drive... The border smells like... TJ.

But anyway, cheapest in HB is... 4.65

They can call what ever they want: Demand, short supply, but the only way to fix this problem is to fix our US dollar value, since oil is trading with US dollars. Our money has devalued by over 50% when compare to Euro and Sterling LBs since a year ago. If you do the math, a barrel of oil will still be slightly more than this time last year's pricing. The problem we're facing is, the currently trading price of oil hasn't yet reflect on the true gas pricing. We are looking at at least another dollar increase to match today's oil price... Not a good news...

I am curious though, if any one have the answer to this... You would assume that the price break down between 87 to 91 has always been around 20 cents, why is the premium gas go up more.... Doesn't quite make sense to me.

I am curious though, if any one have the answer to this... You would assume that the price break down between 87 to 91 has always been around 20 cents, why is the premium gas go up more.... Doesn't quite make sense to me.

You make an interesting point. Some polls have shown that people are willing to still put premium in their cars even at a 30 cents price differential (sorry, can't quote the source - read it weeks ago). So, its a demand thing. People are willing to pay it, so stations charge more for it. Once the differential starts approaching 40 cents, you will see people start using regular instead of premium.

Logic goes like this - for 10 gallons, premium used to be $2.00 more. People were willing to suck that up. Now at 30 cents difference it's $3.00 more for 10 gallons of premium - only $1 more than before - people are still willing to suck that up. But, when/if it hits 40 cents extra premium, people will see it as TWICE the price differential and start using regular (not to mention the sense that they can get an "extra" gallon of gas just by backing down to regular). Psychology and economics always go hand in hand.

Interesting

Attachments

• Oil.jpg
    Oil.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 34
I can't imagine what it'd be like next month or the month after that. *sigh* Sheesh, better yet, I can't imagine what it'd be like NEXT WEEK, geez. :mad:

But since gas is at a high demand, no matter what, we'd still be buying gas if it went up to $6/gal. The madness, when is it gonna stop...?

Some oil analyst on Wall St. are predicting gas to go to $7 a gallon in the near future. Here in Bay Area, its already $4.7

I could produce a similar graph showing the cost of oil is inversely proportionate to the number of pirates in the world :)

Disclaimer - my intent is humour. I don't mean to belittle this graph or discount its contents.

In Canada the price difference between 87 and 91 octane has almost always been 10 cents a litre. Now it's 4 cents a litre. Then again 10 cents used to be worth only 6.3 cents and now 4 cents is worth 4 cents. This logic also means we paid 40 cents a litre when the dollar was worth 63 cents and now we are paying 134 cents a litre now that a buck is worth a buck.

If you want cheap gas just raise the interest rate to 10%.

Interesting

These two Numb Skulls (Bush & Cheney):mad: have their own messed up agenda in mind....just totally ignoring how it affects not only the U.S., but the whole world. The sooner these two dickweeds leaves oval office the better off we'll be. At this point I really don't care who will be at the helm in the upcoming term. The way I see it, it can't be much more worst than this can it? These two NS did a bang up job while serving their term. You guys probably already saw this......http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_9479768 I don't blame her for this. Well, don't mean to get off topic on this, perhaps this is for another discussion.

Now back to regular programming. I paid $4.61 a gallon yesterday in S.F., and it continues to climb EVERYDAY on the average of 8-12 cents daily, depending on which gas station you go to. :eek: I see no end to this madness.:mad:

Last edited:
C'mon, gas is not going up 10 cents daily. Lets be realistic, even though gas prices are going up. at 10 cents daily, gas would go up $3 every month. If this were the case, gas would be $12 by the end of summer.

C'mon, gas is not going up 10 cents daily. Lets be realistic, even though gas prices are going up. at 10 cents daily, gas would go up $3 every month. If this were the case, gas would be $12 by the end of summer.

Ok, let me re-phase this again and I guess I should have been MORE specific for those who needs it to be spelled out in black and white. It all depends on where you live and which gas station you go to. I live in S.F. and the gas stations I pass by everyday, at least for the last 2 weeks has gone up by that much religiously. So unless you live in this area....don't judge. And I didn't say specifically 10 cents, I said about 8-10 cents depending....so don't twist my words around.

Last edited:
Ok, let me re-phase this again. It all depends on where you live and which gas station you go to. I live in S.F. and the gas stations I pass by everyday, at least for the last 2 weeks has gone up by that much religiously. So unless you live in this area....don't judge. And I didn't say specifically 10 cents, I said about 8-10 cents depending....so don't twist my words around.

ok I took the average of the numbers you gave. so 8-12 cents a day, you're saying gas is going up $2.40-$3.60 a month. Maybe it has gone up 8-12 cents a week, but daily, please. :rolleyes:

ok I took the average of the numbers you gave. so 8-12 cents a day, you're saying gas is going up $2.40-$3.60 a month. Maybe it has gone up 8-12 cents a week, but daily, please. :rolleyes:

Please read carefully, I SAID "AT LEAST IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS". I never said or even indicated that is has been going on longer then that. Why, do some people have to take things so literally, geez!

Back