• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paid $4.19/gal for gas last night

:eek:

I know others probably have paid more but this is the first time I have had to pay more than $4/gal. Prices are going up fast.........

This was in the Milpitas, CA. area at a Valero station.

What are others paying for premium?

WOW!! this thread started with a $4.19/gallon and now I just filled up the NSX and guess what I paid $4.80/gallon for 91 octane here in the Valley and in some places in L.A. I have seen some going for $4.90, has this thread been more than a month? if it's not then its really unbelivable that gas rate go up almost every single freaking day #^@$%!$@%@$. This is just ridiculous.

I'm not so much disturbed by the raw price, but more at the rate at which it's going up. I keep records of all my fillups, and to look at the spreadsheet is shocking. For my SUV, which uses 89-Octane Mid grade:

10/1/2007 $3.12
12/21/2007 $3.40
3/6/2008 $3.90
5/13/2008 $4.08
5/30/2008 $4.34
6/3/2008 $4.46

So, basically:

In the last 8 months, it's gone up 43%
In the last 6 months, it's gone up 31%
In the last 3 months, it's gone up 14%
In the last 2 weeks, it's gone up 9%
It's going up roughly 10 cents a week now. :eek:

The other thing is that normal 91 octane now costs as much as what the high performance 93 octane from VP Racing used to cost just a few months ago.

:frown:

would it be ok to put 110 octane fuel in the NSX w/o any internal engine mods?

There is always someone having it worse:
In Norway we have the highest gas prizes in Europe (maybe in the world?) Today we have to pay USD 9.8/gallon.:confused: 60% is taxes.

I'm not so much disturbed by the raw price, but more at the rate at which it's going up. I keep records of all my fillups, and to look at the spreadsheet is shocking. For my SUV, which uses 89-Octane Mid grade:

10/1/2007 $3.12
12/21/2007 $3.40
3/6/2008 $3.90
5/13/2008 $4.08
5/30/2008 $4.34
6/3/2008 $4.46

So, basically:

In the last 8 months, it's gone up 43%
In the last 6 months, it's gone up 31%
In the last 3 months, it's gone up 14%
In the last 2 weeks, it's gone up 9%
It's going up roughly 10 cents a week now. :eek:

The other thing is that normal 91 octane now costs as much as what the high performance 93 octane from VP Racing used to cost just a few months ago.

:frown:

Ben that's pretty good stats to keep track of and sure beats memory but gas prices are surely on the rise here in NORCAL. I'm sure we'll see $5.00 by month end here. My ML320 suv (thank god I only have a v-6) just sits these days and rarely gets driven unless we need the cargo space. I feel bad just driving it since that boat just feels like it's sucking gas!

Yesterday I was at the local shell and it's $4.80, costed me $18.00 to fill up my motorcycle. Behind me a large SUV was just filling up and it ran $140+ for his fill up. I don't know how those large suv owners can survice at this kind of pricing.....ouch!

rk

Ben that's pretty good stats to keep track of and sure beats memory but gas prices are surely on the rise here in NORCAL. I'm sure we'll see $5.00 by month end here. My ML320 suv (thank god I only have a v-6) just sits these days and rarely gets driven unless we need the cargo space. I feel bad just driving it since that boat just feels like it's sucking gas!

Yesterday I was at the local shell and it's $4.80, costed me $18.00 to fill up my motorcycle. Behind me a large SUV was just filling up and it ran $140+ for his fill up. I don't know how those large suv owners can survice at this kind of pricing.....ouch!

rk

Don't feel bad for them. Even with these prices I'm still seeing way too many people driving by themselves in their SUV's. I say F'em.

Don't feel bad for them. Even with these prices I'm still seeing way too many people driving by themselves in their SUV's. I say F'em.

Yeah and they're not driving slow either!

So is this leaded or unleaded? Can someone explain why we can't use leaded fuel?

If we could use leaded in our cars or any car, I'd drive down there with a truck and extra cans/barrels/tanks and buy as much fuel as I could at that price.

take off your cats and run leaded. also o2 sensors dont do well

would it be ok to put 110 octane fuel in the NSX w/o any internal engine mods?

go for it.

wont do any damage. just like flushing $ down the toilet unless you have your ignition advance to match the increase in octane.

91 is about 4.90 now.

sigh.

havent drivin my nsx in 3 weeks. crazy gas prices.

I passed by the original gas station where I bought the gas at $4.19 and started this thread. It was at $4.97 now......:eek:

I passed by the original gas station where I bought the gas at $4.19 and started this thread. It was at $4.97 now......:eek:

Only took 2 months. Just think where we'll be in another 2 months. :tongue: :biggrin:

3.75 was the cheapest i saw for 85

4.19$ here. 91 octane

denver, CO

Drove from San Francisco to Carmel for the weekend. Paid $4.45 in San Francisco and $4.85 in Carmel.:eek:

Doug,
Wow, $4.45 in San Francisco, are you sure you're using preminum?:biggrin: That's a good price for the Bay Area.

Back