• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Painted front spoiler to match the body

I just got my car back from being repainted on the front hood and bumper. While I was at it the spoiler that gets scraped up on steep drive ways- I had replaced and painted the same color as the body. Brooklands green. Looks as if it should have always been painted. Almost looks like it is lowered. Anybody else painted theirs?

I'm just wandering how the paint on the scrape guard would hold-up once it rubs the ground??

Noticed that you are in ATL. I'm in Montgomery, AL area and my friend Lee is in Birmingham, AL Area. We've been looking for other members to hook-up with on some weekends. Are you interested? Are their other NSXsters that would be interested? All I've been doing is going to the local drag strip and hanging out with my camaro buddies (from work).

------------------
Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX

I purposly did not paint the front spoiler being the black is much more forgiving.On my car it would get scratched and I'd be unhappy that i painted it .I know it must look great.Good luck and remember no front wheel stands.ha...

------------------

I painted it last weekend (along with the roof! all is silver now...
smile.gif
)

biggrin.gif
I LOVE IT!
biggrin.gif

Pictures at http://photos.yahoo.com/gheba_nsx in the "All Silver!" directory...

ps: also the rear license plate holder has been painted (in Euro models it is different than in the US cars...)

Originally posted by MICHAEL M:
I just got my car back from being repainted on the front hood and bumper. While I was at it the spoiler that gets scraped up on steep drive ways- I had replaced and painted the same color as the body. Brooklands green. Looks as if it should have always been painted. Almost looks like it is lowered. Anybody else painted theirs?
I also found out that the Brookland Green is a hard color to match up . It takes 3 coats.I've decided not to fret about it getting scraped- it's my daily driver and I think I know where most of the low spots are on my drives.

Wasn't it too much? I really tought much about painting it... but I still am not sure that it would look better (only different...)...

confused.gif

I tried to leave the car in a tasteful stock look...
biggrin.gif

I think that the front it is a must to paint but the rear should stay black even after Wings west body kit. It gives the car a style and looks. Look at M3 and other sports cars for some reason they make the middle lower part black on the rear bumper cover.

the wing is made by Wings West for Comptech, sold as the "Aggressor" model.

I thought they spelled it "Aggriceor".
biggrin.gif

j/k...

I still am not sure about painting the lower part silver too... nsx1164's car is very good but it is everything you want but far from stock
wink.gif
so the result on my car would be quite different.

On a red: sorry, but I do not like it that much...
frown.gif
it is simply "too red" and also looks quite aftermarket imho...

As you may see in my photos, Euro models have a different rear bumper (with a strange frame around the number plate)... I did quite a lot of photoshopping before deciding what to paint and what not and I am very happy now!
cool.gif

------------------
'91 NSX Red/Black *totaled* #9 Oversea NSXCA member
'91 NSX Silver/Black/Black http://photos.yahoo.com/gheba_nsx

Back