• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Painting an NSX

OK, suppose you can't find the NSX, or at least one you WANT, in the color you want.

So you find a great year NSX with the mileage and condition you want and decide to PAINT it the color you like best.

What would a high quality re-paint cost (and where might one have it done) ?

Oh, and yes, I did a "search" :rolleyes: :smile:

if you want everything done (engine bay, drip rails, etc.) $6000 - $10,000
If you disassemble most of the car you could maybe save $1500

a good paint job (not painting the engine bay, inner fenders etc) $2000-$5000

Maaco....... you better not do that to your NSX :mad:

Hope that helps,
Jeff

If you really want to paint, go to pbassjo at Vince's Auto Body Works in Poughkeepsie, NY. He's less than 100 miles from you. He's regarded as the best and recently did the amazing work on RyanITV's car (here and here).

I know you didn't specifically ask for this kind of advice, but you're looking for a 2002+ Imola, right? A perfect one might be a bit hard to find, but I think you'd be better being patient (not saying you're not) and acquiring one with the factory paint, especially since it's a newer car and resale value would come into the picture, not to the actual cost to do a perfect paint job).

If time's of the essence, how about offering to pay a bit above market value to the Acura dealer who can locate one for you? Or even offer to buy a mint one from an owner who is not really looking to sell? I think you'd be much better off going that route. Good luck.

Thanks guys.

I mean, I would REALLY NOT want to paint the car and I would REALLY like the Imola NSX but it seems I'm stuck on Imola Orange right now and since the supply is so small, and my itch is so large, (at the moment (for a new car)) I just might resort to buying a Porsche Cayman or an Orange 'Vette - maybe even a Z06. :eek: :cool: :biggrin:

Maybe you can find an otherwise clean early coupe that might be wearing thin on the paint? I don't think it would negatively affect the resale (especially if you have someone like Vince's Auto Body do the work and it was well documented. You would still be less invested then a newer car and the price of the paint job on an early coupe would be offset by the depreciation on a much newer NSX.

Just a thought.

No reason you should know this but I'm looking for an '02 or later. I love the exposed headlights and I'd like a car that has at least some warranty left. :wink:

Honestly, I would just wait and be patient until you find the car you want. It has always worked for me. Spending that much money to repaint a car is only going to decrease it's value in my opinion.

I knowwwwww, but I got an itch that just won't stop ! :biggrin:

I seriously doubt I'd really go out and find a "primo" '02+ NSX and paint it Imola.......

But I just may have to buy that Porsche or 'Vette..... :rolleyes: :redface: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Wow, it IS rare...

i could only find one 2002 Imola on cars/autotrader/ebay (the one with 22,000 miles and EVO wheels that's repeat added)

I know I've read about some people on here waiting 12+ months for that car. Patience I guess is best.

I'm not a fan of the orange, I think it's one of the few colors on the NSX that will not look good in 5+ years. I think it'll look dated. It's my least fav color ever. But if you want it, good luck finding one! Patience :)

You don't like ANY other color NSX?!!

I guess a guy like me might not understand since I live in an area where NSXs aren't that uncommon. I've seen a few Imola '02+ driving around.

TURBO2GO said:
You don't like ANY other color NSX?!!

Yeah, I LOVE the Blue too but Imola's my # 1 choice - and, when spending this kind of $$$, it's really hard to "settle" (butt who knows ???),,,,,,,,, :wink:

Back