• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Passenger window does not go all the way up?

I have a 91 NSX and just the other day the passenger side window refused to roll all the way up. When the door is closed I can not do the window all the way to the top. It remains about 1/8" from shutting completly. The only way I can get it to go all the way up is by opening the door. The window regulator was replaced several years ago and other than the window not going all the way up there is no problem with the window.

Does any one have any suggestions as to why this would happen?

I just had my drivers side window smashed a few weeks ago. Now that the new window is in, I have this exact same problem. I think there is 2 or 3 ways to adjust the window alignment. My theory is it wasn't done correctly when it was put in. I will take it back next time I get it serviced to try and resolve the problem. Although, I'm not sure about your case where the window is suddenly misaligned for no reason, something might have happened in your door panel.

>>>I just had my drivers side window smashed a few weeks ago.

Syonara:

So, just for the record, where is it that I should stay away from (besides anywhere outside the garage):)

Ahwatukee
'93 Blk/Blk

im not too sure what the nsx windows look like from the INSIDE. but back when i had the civic, i know while replacing the windows, the clips or piece that held the window onto the regulator has a grooved slot where the bolt can slide around in for minor adjustments before tightening to a desired spot... maybe it maybe some minor adjustments with that in an nsx? dunoo... sorry:confused:

Dash Rip Rock said:
I have a 91 NSX and just the other day the passenger side window refused to roll all the way up. When the door is closed I can not do the window all the way to the top. It remains about 1/8" from shutting completly. The only way I can get it to go all the way up is by opening the door. The window regulator was replaced several years ago and other than the window not going all the way up there is no problem with the window.

Does any one have any suggestions as to why this would happen?

I have the same problem as it is due to the rubber molding on the inside of the door. This molding prevents the window from going up and I am not sure what to do :confused: I to have to open my door to roll up my window. Is the same thing happening to you?

rrwildman said:

Syonara:

So, just for the record, where is it that I should stay away from (besides anywhere outside the garage):)

Ahwatukee
'93 Blk/Blk

Ahwatukee, wow, you're pretty close to me, I'm right on the other side of I-10 in Chandler. Cool.

This happened around Ray and McClintock, not necessarily a bad area, but I suspect it was just a random act of violence. Atleast it wasn't my rear hatch or any of my body panels though.

Here's a link to the picture.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=314032#post314032

Re: Re: Passenger window does not go all the way up?

1TITENSX said:
I have the same problem as it is due to the rubber molding on the inside of the door. This molding prevents the window from going up and I am not sure what to do :confused: I to have to open my door to roll up my window. Is the same thing happening to you?

I am not sure what you mean by the rubber molding on the inside of door preventing it from going all the way up but I have to open the door to roll the window all the way up.

I am waiting to see if anyone has actually solved the problem.

Syonara: Thanx, and sorry to hear / see it (major cringe). Probably more the timing than the neighborhood in this case. Almost any neighborhood can be dicey from mid-6 when the kids are on the prowl. Looking on the bright side, it was indeed EXTREMELY fortunate that the paint/aluminum was unscathed.

Dash: It's almost got to be a glass adjustment issue. If it was perfect before, something's probably slipped/moved. Be aware that the "glass adjustment procedure" ALONE consumes about 5 pages in the service manual, and appears to be an EXTRAORDINARLY exacting process. Looks like one of the most difficult things you can do on the car and get it right. If you want to correct it yourself, don't even waste time thinking about it any more until you get a manual. If it were me, I'd look for the most experienced NSX tech I could find. The guy who did the regulator may have done it "right", aside from perhaps not locking things down sufficiently.

Back