• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PerformancePackage™ Aluminum Coolant Reservoir Tank - $249.95 Shipped

RYU;1703935 Anyway said:
+1 I don't care where it is made also. Fine china came from china right? Bought some headers for my civic wagon. $50 new Chinese reverse engineer stainless steel for $50 :)

looking forward to changing my oem tank.

Just received word the container was cleared by Customs Today, at the Port of Los Angeles.

We're going to send a driver on Monday to pick them up, and should be able to start shipping Monday Afternoon (24th); The two test tanks are performing flawlessly, about 6k miles between them, including a couple of Los Angeles to Las Vegas runs.

Hey guys, sorry to say it's going to be a couple of additional days:

I drove down last Thursday from Vegas to try and pick these up a little early, but when I arrived they were missing one of the docs required for release. I was able to provide a copy on my smartphone, and they seemed optimistic things would be ready for Monday, but Monday came and went without the shipment being released for pickup. On Tuesday morning, I had to drive back to our warehouse in Vegas, to manage things there.

Once I get notification the shipment is released I'm going to drive out and grab the tanks, this should be later this Week.

We're working with a new customs clearing company for this container, and have driven out to CA twice to pickup the freight, only to find it wasn't fully released.

The intense exam was passed about two weeks ago, and the freight is in a bonded warehouse, basically waiting for a stamp. When we couldn't pick up the order on Monday we setup a truck delivery to our warehouse in NV, but the goods were not released in time (waiting on a stamp), I have calls this morning to our forwarder, and the freight company, hoping to get some accurate info.

I know putting the money upfront is hard for vendors to do when they source a new product like this, but I feel like these should have actually been in stock in this country before they were sold to primers.

my wife is in the import/export business of food and i've seen first hand how much of a pain in the a$$ it can be at the re customs.

as long as scorp is giving u honest immediate communication re the status of everything i dont see it being too much of a problem; these things happen.

also to factor in is the unbeatable price of this product; you can't always win on all fronts.

my wife is in the import/export business of food and i've seen first hand how much of a pain in the a$$ it can be at the re customs.

as long as scorp is giving u honest immediate communication re the status of everything i dont see it being too much of a problem; these things happen.

also to factor in is the unbeatable price of this product; you can't always win on all fronts.

you made some good points but you have to expect after a month of delays customers are going to start getting antsy.

I'm driving down again on Friday to get this resolved; all of the paperwork was approved, but not on time, so the freight was placed in a long-term storage area, since it's been at the warehouse for longer than 30 days (the freight actually arrived in the Country on time, but was briefly held by customs).

The paperwork must be resubmitted before the warehouse can release the goods to our truck driver. This was done on Wednesday, so hopefully the delay is almost over.

Back