• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Phoenix Sighting - Unfriendly?

Was in Phoenix on business this week and saw an early model red NSX with lic plate WAZBROKE on the 202 in traffic. When he pulled along side i had the window down and gave the thumbs up (I was in a Hertz rental). Anyway he kinda just rolled along and didn't even wave. Kinda rude but o well... nice looking car anyway.

Probably one of the "offline" NSX owners around here. We have quite a few, I've invited some of them to our local gatherings and this board, but no dice. :rolleyes:

Anyway he kinda just rolled along and didn't even wave. Kinda rude but o well... nice looking car anyway.

He was rude because you wanted to be sociable, but didn’t? Why is that rude? :confused: Perhaps he was thinking about his job. Perhaps he was thinking about his son in Iraq. Perhaps he was thinking about something much more important to him, than you waving. :tongue:

Probably one of the "offline" NSX owners around here. We have quite a few, I've invited some of them to our local gatherings and this board, but no dice.

So everyone in an NSX has to attend NSX event? :cool:

AndyVecsey said:
He was rude because you wanted to be sociable, but didn’t? Why is that rude? :confused: Perhaps he was thinking about his job. Perhaps he was thinking about his son in Iraq. Perhaps he was thinking about something much more important to him, than you waving.
Or perhaps he and his lady friend who were looking at me waving were just being snobs??? What if I was trying to tell him his tire was low or flat or that her skirt was hanging out the door? When somebody in the car next to you waves "hi" do you always thumb your nose at them??? If you do then you are very arrogant and perhaps you and he would get along just fine. :p Geeesh Andy...perhaps all NSX owners should take your view and just blow off other owners who wave hello .... or better yet perhaps we only keep the polite gestures to NSXPO or other social gatherings? What you think? Good idea?

What if I was trying to tell him his tire was low or flat or that her skirt was hanging out the door?

Repeat after me....what if he was thinking about his son in Iraq, and the last thing on his mind was a low tire? What gives you the right to think for him?

When somebody in the car next to you waves "hi" do you always thumb your nose at them???

Never.... so don't you ever dare become condescending onto me.

If you do then you are very arrogant and perhaps you and he would get along just fine.

You obviously have never met me in person, lest you would not have made that comment. All I was saying is that humans are not 100 % all of the time. He could've had a bad day. Say...........that ever happen to you? Apparently not, yee oh holy and perfect one.

What you think?

What I think about your idea begins with the sixth letter of the alphabet.

its all the sun here.....people think everyone should be nice and engaging all the time....especially people, who come here for vacation...they forget the people who live here... ARENT ON VACATION :)....

maybe the guy thought you where a freek that wanted to ask him 1000 questions about his car...

maybe he should have waved...

can you beleive that we are all posting about this....

I once was driving in my NSX... down the I-5 in sunny San Diego... and I looked over at the car next to me... I could only see myself in the windows reflection... I didn't wave.

JOPRIMO said:
Was in Phoenix on business this week and saw an early model red NSX with lic plate WAZBROKE on the 202 in traffic. When he pulled along side i had the window down and gave the thumbs up (I was in a Hertz rental). Anyway he kinda just rolled along and didn't even wave. Kinda rude but o well... nice looking car anyway.

Joprimo,

Don't let it bother you. None of us will know if the guy was mentally preoccupied, antisocial or just plain arrogant. Then again, his license plate may give you a hint. :rolleyes:

At least you made an effort to be friendly. :smile:

Cheers!

AndyVecsey said:
...He was rude because you wanted to be sociable, but didn’t? Why is that rude? :confused: Perhaps he was thinking about his job. Perhaps he was thinking about his son in Iraq. Perhaps he was thinking about something much more important to him, than you waving. :tongue: ...

...or possibly he was just some self-absorbed jerk......there are a pretty fair amount of those around. Politeness is a real challenge for some people. :rolleyes:

NsXMas said:
WAZBROKE... stupid plate. At least the state will do something good with the $50 fee.

I used to know a guy that had a Ferrari 348ts and wanted to get the plate 'UNPOOR' on the back. He inherited his money and really had no idea what being poor was about, so I told him if he got that plate he better be ready for really poor people to key the hell out of his Ferrari.

Back