• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Phoenix/Tucson NSXer's what's next?

Okay, I've been MIA for a while now. You know...real life, work...yuck!

But I had such a blast on our drive to Sedona a few months ago (Sedona Drive post) that I thought we should do something again soon.

But, being that I'm not that organized of a person, I think we should find someone who has the organizational skills {cough} PHOEN$X, the talent {cough}PHOEN$X, the personality {cough}PHOEN$X, and the rugged good looks {cough}PHOEN$X to get the job done! ;)

Is there anyone out there that meets those qualifications? :D

Any ideas?

Lon

Interesting timing, Lon!

Peiserg (who lives near you) just got a 2000 Silver NSX, and was inquiring about this very same thing. Since we have quite a few west siders now, including NSXlent in az, v8killer, Jay (off Prime), how about a BBQ on this side of town? We could have it at my neighborhood park, or at someone's house if they're willing to host.

Let me contact everyone and gauge their interest in such an event.

P.S., I trust your tire has been taken care of? :D

If you AZ folks plan your get together with a drive and to hapen 9/27, 10/04, or 10/18 or later, I will make an attempt to be there.

Although I like to eat, I like a spirited drive even more.

Interesting timing, Lon!

Since we have quite a few west siders now, including NSXlent in az, v8killer, Jay (off Prime), how about a BBQ on this side of town?

Actually I just moved...to Chandler. :) But I could do a drive out there.

P.S., I trust your tire has been taken care of? :D

HAHA! You're gonna laugh...but no, I haven't. I tried once, but I lost the key to my wheels, so they couldn't fix it. I found it again, and am going to have it fixed this weekend.

Can you say, "ultra lazy"?

Lon

LonVarscsak said:
Actually I just moved...to Chandler. :) But I could do a drive out there.
Traitor! :p
LonVarscsak said:
HAHA! You're gonna laugh...but no, I haven't. I tried once, but I lost the key to my wheels, so they couldn't fix it. I found it again, and am going to have it fixed this weekend.

Can you say, "ultra lazy"?
D'oh! So I guess yours is the red NSX running around with a doughnut on?

I've emailed all the "west-siders", let's see what kind of response we get.

PHOEN$X said:

Chandler is the REAL place to be. You all are the crazy ones on the west side.

Scottsdale is in the middle...kind of, why not plan something around there?

Syonara said:
Chandler is the REAL place to be. You all are the crazy ones on the west side.
No way! West side's where it's all at, especially after the new stadiums go in. :p
Syonara said:
Scottsdale is in the middle...kind of, why not plan something around there?
We could certainly do that, but I don't have the time to plan anything larger than a small neighborhood BBQ right now, and with NSXPO right around the corner I'm not sure how many people will even show up. It's always hard to get people to go to the big get-togethers, as I've learned from past experience. However, if you or anyone else wants to organize such an event, by all means be my guest. :)

P.S., how's your recovery going?

I want in, even if I'm on the east side.
("Cookie Kwan(meets Marge): Hi Marge! Stay away from the west side!
Cookie Kwan(after Gil and another guy are talking): Are you talking about the west side?
Gil: N-no Cookie I-i'm scared of you.". )

Simpson quotes

My car has been in an auto cacoon since our last drive. I think I'll be taking it out this weekend to blow the dust off. I promise I'll have it cleaned by the outing.

Nice to see some AZ NSXrs Talking!

Well Chris and I have both felt the same way since the Sedona drive, it was such a blast!...We need to plan some AZ NSX activities again, but this time on a much larger scale. As soon as NSXPO is over we are going to put our focus on organizing an event here. Also with the passing of NSXPO will be the passing of the 100 degree temperatures too, which should make for nice weather for any event.

OK...well back to the crazy NSXPO preparation, I look forward to seeing all you AZNSXrs soon!

BTW...anyone not already going to NSXPO, you should try to find a way to make it up...even if its only flying up for the weekend. This year should be one of the biggest and best national NSX events ever!

PHOEN$X said:

P.S., how's your recovery going?

Alright, I'm going to Physical Therapy 3 times a week and I'm walking with 1 crutch now. I got the NSX back yesterday and started driving. Its not too bad, but I can't push my foot all the way to the floor (no speeding for me....:( ) It feels good to drive again after 2.5 months.

Combine that with school and getting back to work I've been really busy lately....I might try to go to the pavilions next weekend, but I'm not sure.... All of these pills make me drowsy and extremely lazy :D

By the way... props to Kelvin on the killer write-up of the Sedona drive for NSXDriver. If you guys aren't NSXCA members yet, it's the best $40.00 you'll ever spend. The full-color quarterly NSXDriver magazine makes it well worth it alone. http://www.nsxca.org/nsxca/index.html

-- Chris

I'm definitely in for a weekend BBQ/casual get together... the wife/kid will be coming, so a park or backyard would be best... i know i have next weekend off, as well as the final sept. weekend, and the 1st weekend in oct. off...

i'm at 160th ave and bell (approx)

peiserg said:
I'm definitely in for a weekend BBQ/casual get together... the wife/kid will be coming, so a park or backyard would be best... i know i have next weekend off, as well as the final sept. weekend, and the 1st weekend in oct. off...

i'm at 160th ave and bell (approx)

Holy Shnikies thats far! ;)

yeah. i know.:rolleyes: i didn't really want to live out here, but i used to commute 22 miles each way in houston. that sucked, even tho i left at 530AM so missed most traffic.. so my major criterion for a rental house this time was
1:proximity to job
2:not a slum

I work for Sun Health at Reems/Grand ave.

Me too!!!

Count me in but I need to get my car back from the shop first.An October date would be great.

I see how it is . . . I come up to Phoenix two weekends in a row to party with MYNSX (and friends) and I miss out on the rest of the NSXer's! J/K, Hope you all have fun!

Wow, I'm a published author! :D :D Actually I didn't even know they were going to use my write-up; it'll be interesting when I finally get my copy of NSX Driver! :D

v8killer You still haven't gotten your car back?? :eek:

Well, 10/7-10/12 is NSXPO, so that's out. Let's see what other kind of responses we get.

TucAZNSX: You and the rest of the Tucson gang are more than welcome to come, we'd love to have you! It wouldn't be too far out of your way to Flagstaff. ;)

No car

Its been a very long summer without my favorite toy!!!

hows about next weekend, or the final weekend in sept? i can only attest to having the 1st weekend in oct. off....and i can't make NSXPO...even in V8killer's car is collecting dust in some repair shop, he could still throw back some suds and scarf down some dead flesh...?

my schedule usually has me working 1-2 weekends a month...:mad:

hmm. is this normal..? i get a sudden big sloppy grin everytime i fire up my nsx.. my wife thinks i'm an idiot.. but, idiot or not, she did OK the blower, although i have to wait a couple months to repair the damage to our savings i did with the purchase of this car...

peiserg said:
hows about next weekend, or the final weekend in sept? i can only attest to having the 1st weekend in oct. off....
Sept 27-28 or Oct 4-5 works for me. Next weekend I gotta work in the morning, then I'm going to the C-Spot Drive Party from 11-1pm.
peiserg said:
hmm. is this normal..? i get a sudden big sloppy grin everytime i fire up my nsx.. my wife thinks i'm an idiot.. but, idiot or not, she did OK the blower, although i have to wait a couple months to repair the damage to our savings i did with the purchase of this car...
Yes, it's perfectly normal, and you've got a very nice wife! :)

When: Sep. 27-28 or Oct. 4-5 works for me also.
Where: I will leave that up to you AZ locals.
What: Should (IMO) be a spirited drive on twisty-turny roads and possibly a meal at the midway point.

Back